Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review Night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gtlug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review Night
    Posted: 03/25/2008 at 11:38pm
Tonight I took all my rackets that I have here, and went to the Chinese table tennis club to try them all. 4 new blades, 2 old ones. 10 new rubbers, and two already used. A new pair of shoes also.

I started the night with Waldner Carbon, Stiga Mendo MP 2.0 on BH, Donic Jo Waldner 2.0 mm on FH.  It is my first slow carbon blade, and I can't say that I fell in love immediatly. Really different feeling from wood, god sweet spot, but not a lot of feedback from the racket. Didn't like the JO Waldner, was too slow. Mendo was ok. When I tried it later in the night, I used the Waldner on BH and my blocks were awesome. Mendo was ok on forehand too, but I would have like to get something softer and faster.

Second try, Stiga Optimum Sync with 1,9mm Sriver on BH, 2,00mm Banda Rossa on FH.  This Stiga blade is not really "fun" to play, but plays very well. Easy to put the ball on the table, enough speed to smash. Sriver is Sriver. I rediscovered the Rossa, What a fantastic rubber. Good control, but with the little thing for explosive smash. Allowed me to put all the spin I wanted in my serves.

Third essay. Dawei GTO + Donic Quattro Formula 2,00 and Stiga Innova 2,00. Oh my god, what a weird sound that blade produces. First I tough it was the Formula rubber, but when I started to hit with the Innova, I realized it was the blade. Faster than the two precedent. Two good rubbers, but nothing exceptionnal.  The Quattro Formula doesn't really feel like a glued rubber.

Fourth racket. Tommy Zai Galaxy K3 with Winnig NP-8 short pips, and DHS Skyline. Really strong odour of Halls (Eucalyptus?), which is ind of nice. Really good racket for the price (35$)!!! The pips is awesome, but you still have to twiddle if you want to make a good serve. Didn' really like the DHS skyline, but didn't dislike it too.

After four totally new rackets, I came back to the one I have played with this year, the only survivor of my  bag that have been implied in a car accident coming back from Buffalo.  (The car accident is the reason for all the new stuff). Stiga Optimum Plus, with Stiga Neos Sound Synergytech max, and Andro Plasma 430 2,00.  After all the "slower" racket, that one felt really fast. Eassy to put heavy spin top-spin with the Andro, and really good control for the short game with the Neos. Hit well too, but miss alittle bit of speed when you want to do a big speedy top-spin. A little bit too soft for this purpose.

Finally I played with a Waldner Diablo Senso with Globe 999t and Friendship Cream on MRS. I was really suprised of how good those rubbers were when I was praticing, but they really don't fit my game. Good rubbers, but not for me. Too tacky, I really prefer Euro-style rubbers. This balde is a good one, with a good feeling.

Stiga Speedgrip shoes. I bougth those shoes because they were number 1 on About.com... and 24,95$. But they are really not comfortable, my feet hurts so much right now. Not enough cushionned. I'll have to buy better socks and try them agains..

Donic Formula Glue: Look like white Lepage glue.. No fun gluein with that, but it do the job well. I won't buy it again, I'll go with cheaper options next time.

Voil�!

P.-S : I put the Tommy Zai racket close to my bed, it smells so good!
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic