FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Schlager playing in a garage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schlager playing in a garage
    Posted: 12/28/2009 at 6:54pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbjcyS8Mmys

Found this link on a different TT site. Fun to watch, Schlager playing beer-pong.

Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 7:06pm
pretty neat find...
As if he hasn't got enuf t/t already....some more garage t/t w/1 of his beer buddies I guess...
Just luv the way he holds his racket.....
Wait a min..... I hold mine EXACTLY the same way...Embarrassed
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 9:09pm

Oh, look!!  He's using Tenergy!!

Is the under-the-leg serve legal? 

Timo Boll gets the winner. 
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 2:31am
Wow, Werner was having a good ol time giving him all those chump serves. I can't believe that guy is 2200 and missed all those smashes over and over again. He must have been nervous to be faced down by the 2003 World Champion. I would have rubbed the ball in my sweat before serving so I could stand a chance Big%20smile
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 2:35am
Schlager's ball placement is incredible.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 2:58am
What surprises me most in that video is the other guy claims to be 2207 US rating !!!

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 2:59am
The other guy is pushblocker and he is 2207
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 3:05am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

What surprises me most in that video is the other guy claims to be 2207 US rating !!!

+1. I'm sure the guy is nice, etc, so I mean no disrespect. However, a rating of 2207 seems high for someone who uses his backhand 70% of the time, even when the ball goes to his forehand side.

I guess he makes his style work for him, which is cool, but I would never have figured such a tactic could take someone to that high of a skill level rating.
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 3:07am
Wow nice find.

Maybe its just the fact that he is playing a world champ that makes him look not like a 2207 player.

Who knows but it would be a blast for me LOL.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 3:37am
I guess this may sound real presumptuous but I don't even have a USATT rating and I'm sure I can beat that guy. Also, I have no idea how he convinced Schlager to play in his garage, but that is awesome. LOL to when he smacked the ball at Schlager's chest. If he's 2200 then I'm Ma Long.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 3:48am
ouCH!! he is 2207    i checked his name in usatt rating.

i don't believe... either i am crazy or usatt gone nuts. i swear i can beat him if he plays the way he plays in this vid.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 3:55am
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/history/index2.asp

The guy has been at around 2000 rating and above for a decade.

At the 2009 Joola National Team Championships he beat 12 players rated over 2000 including a 2219 and he beat a 2350 last year, so he could probably humiliate most of the people here with his odd style.
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 4:01am
Pushblocker is my friend. He's a solid 2150-2200 player who's beaten many good players to reach that level. Schlager is his close friend and was his classmate in high school back in Austria... Schlager visited Pushblocker's home in Florida right before going to his Killerspin tournament in Chicago.

So far I have seen many of Pushblocker's matches live against 2100-2200 level players and he more than held his own. Looks can be deceiving.   

One really has to earn his/her rating in the USATT system, there's no free lunch.   
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 4:17am
People who have no clue about LP and how they works thinks this style is easy to beat, cause it surely looks that way, but my advice is, try to find a player with this style, with in your own level, and beat him/her first, then try out someone like Pushblocker.

It really isn't fair to judge his level by how he looks when he is playing Schlager, cause he could probably make most of us look like total beginners.
The holy grail
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 4:41am
I dont think this guy have good techniques and stuffs but he still managed to win because his odd style Dead I've played a guy like this, if you aren't familiar with you are so dead LOL I'm scared of the basement ping pong style... I would rather play a very good but orthodox player ^^ 
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 4:46am
To be fair, I did watch his other matches on his Youtube channel and he does play that way. I'm not knocking his LP style, I'm just shocked that he made it that far with his lack of fundamentals. It's like when I saw a video of Dr. Neubauer beat a Chinese ex-champion using his anti-spin. Just standing there and blocking every loop, with little to no forehand, no footwork; what I call "The lazy defender."

However, I will retract my earlier statement, he most likely would beat me because I've only played against one LP user ever, but no one here can tell me that it's because he is more skillful or has better technique than me. It's more likely that my technique isn't developed enough or my lack of experience to overcome playing against LP's. I don't really place much importance on how high someone's rating is (again I don't even have a USATT rating myself). It is true in my experience that the players with the most unorthodox styles usually win.

I guess this has lead me to a few questions. What is a "good" TT player to you? Surely it must be more than simply ratings and matches won?
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 5:17am

i don't believe... either i am crazy or usatt gone nuts. i swear i can beat him if he plays the way he plays in this vid.

haha, whats your rating?
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 5:19am
It is not easy playing a good lp blocker. 
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 5:31am
watching vid is always easier than play...

maybe it will be more easy to play against schlager that playing against pushblocker.
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 6:22am
What is werner schlager doing in somebody elses garage????
Even I didn't yet have Saive at home xD
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:31am
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

Wow, Werner was having a good ol time giving him all those chump serves. I can't believe that guy is 2200 and missed all those smashes over and over again. He must have been nervous to be faced down by the 2003 World Champion. I would have rubbed the ball in my sweat before serving so I could stand a chance Big%20smile

That's me in the video playing with Werner.. I'm ACTUALLY 2207 (actually 2215 after they correct a mistake at the Teams results.. There were 2 more players that I beat that they didn't add to my record)

I had to attack against Werner as he will not make a mistake if I just push the ball back to him. I usually don't attack at all and I'm not good attacking.. I'm the 2nd highest rated non attacking long pips blocker in the country and the 6th highest rated long pips blocker including offensive blockers who use their forehand a lot. I have a very unique style that looks horrible but is pretty effective unless you play Werner Schlager.. The pips don't bother him at all. Werners brother Harald who also played National League in Austria was/is playing with long pips and Werner has no problems..  Check out my other videos against top players to see how I usually play.. My youtube ID is grandsportc3 and I have plenty of TT videos out there including a match against U21 Womens champion Natalie Sun and a game against mid 2500 rated Jennifer (Yue) Wu who got to beat He Ziwen last year at the teams..
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:34am

i just want to back the guy in this vid... fair play that he is ranked 2207 or whatever it is... when you play a player who is so much better then you.. its very difficult to play your own game... shclager is putting different spins every time and changing ball placement... he knows how to screw the guy over... however when this guy plays in america im sure he can damage a lot of good attackers due to weird spins from his block and his backhand kill..

i just want to say thanks for the fantastic upload from the guy... you can really see how these world classs players hit the ball different to us..

thanks.
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:34am
I can see you eating heavily coached looping teenagers alive.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

+1. I'm sure the guy is nice, etc, so I mean no disrespect. However, a rating of 2207 seems high for someone who uses his backhand 70% of the time, even when the ball goes to his forehand side.

I guess he makes his style work for him, which is cool, but I would never have figured such a tactic could take someone to that high of a skill level rating.

I know, people think that I'm a 1700 player when they see me and then they make 2 points per game. The average sub 2000 player can not exploit my weaknesses like Werner can. I haven't lost to anyone below 1960 rating (in a tournament) since about 20+ tournaments..
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

I know, people think that I'm a 1700 player when they see me and then they make 2 points per game. The average sub 2000 player can not exploit my weaknesses like Werner can. I haven't lost to anyone below 1960 rating (in a tournament) since about 20+ tournaments..

im not surprised dude... i can see you would mess up a lot of players.. especially junioirs a ^^
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:39am
Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

I can see you eating heavily coached looping teenagers alive.

Against powerful loopers, my game is most effective. Look at Ben Bispham who is now over 2200 after the teams. I beat him 11:6 11:6 11:6.. This guy is really good but did not have any strategy against my game. Usually I'm the one controlling the table, making it impossible or very difficult for my opponents to exploit my weaknesses.. Werner knows exactly what my weaknesses are and he does not make mistake. I had to attack to make any points and I'm a HORRIBLE attacker..  Werner just does not make any mistakes, especially if he plays it slow and safe. So, the only way to score is to do something that I'm not good at doing.

I did lose to Gabriel Skolnick but only after John Mark Wetzler from his club came over to coach him.. I had him 2 : 0 at that point.. I also had 2 match points against a 2309 rated girl from Puerto Rico.. Should've won that match..
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:41am
Originally posted by lild100 lild100 wrote:

Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

im not surprised dude... i can see you would mess up a lot of players.. especially junioirs a ^^

Well, I did beat some players that have/had been around for a while, including Napoleon "Rocky" Reyes at the 2001 Teams. This guy is really good and before I played him in 2001, he went 5 games with Cheng Yinghua and Sean O'Neill about a week earlier.. Also beat Santos Shih 3:0 and he has been around 2200 for a very long time..
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:46am
Originally posted by qynthnghm qynthnghm wrote:

I guess this may sound real presumptuous but I don't even have a USATT rating and I'm sure I can beat that guy. Also, I have no idea how he convinced Schlager to play in his garage, but that is awesome. LOL to when he smacked the ball at Schlager's chest. If he's 2200 then I'm Ma Long.

How are you doing, Ma Long!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:49am

That's what they all think, even if they see me at the club for the first time.. I understand that I look like a 1700 player. Check my other videos to see other matches..
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 7:52am

Originally posted by qynthnghm qynthnghm wrote:

If you BOTH get more than 5 points in a single game that will already be a major achievement. LOL
Single Ply Hinoki club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic