FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Plastic formula improved from Feb. 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plastic formula improved from Feb. 2015
    Posted: 11/03/2015 at 2:48pm
Mr. Liong, DHS representative, has recently announced   
    -- A new " plastic material with improved formula" is now using for making plastic balls, to enhance the ball lifetime and bounce. Since February 2015 all the seamed balls have employed the new plastic material to better meet with player's requirement...

MY URGENT QUERY:
   Where can I get the newer DHS / Double Fish plastic balls marked with 2015 production date ?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 4:58pm
And you believe this....... because?????   Why?

But I hope it's true because they certainly needed to do something.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 5:08pm
Perfect definition for:

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Mr. Liong, DHS representative, has recently announced   
    -- A new " plastic material with improved formula" is now using for making plastic balls, to enhance the ball lifetime and bounce. Since February 2015 all the seamed balls have employed the new plastic material to better meet with player's requirement...

MY URGENT QUERY:
   Where can I get the newer DHS / Double Fish plastic balls marked with 2015 production date ?

Thanks.

Igor, as an engineer, the key question you need to ask is if this "new formula" really works, no?  Wink

Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2015 at 6:50am
New 2015 balls with improved formula!
New 2016 balls with improved formula!
New 2017 balls with even better improved formula!

Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
Donic Bluefire JP02 (2.0 - Forehand)
Donic Bluefire JP02 (2.0 - Backhand)
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2015 at 8:30am
EVASIVE ANSWER IS NO ANSWER
(quotation just taken from My Own Brain Profundity).

Friends,
Ladies and Gentlmen,

I have now put down a distinct and stright question to you, and I'd like it answered in same vein.
So far, I only here some evasive and irrelevant equocke from you, no clear answer. Sorry.

The hollow and misty answer indicates hollow and dump mind, you know.
I love military man so much, he will always give me a clear answer in most brief words.   Yes Sir, No Sir,

Again,
    -- He who knows no good answer should keep his mouth shut and thus will he be deemed a wise man.

The famous maxim by USA alltime        most renowned President Abraham
Lincoln. 1809--1865.

Yours sincerely
Igor Novick,
graduated civil building engineer. 8 year scholarship most diligent.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 10:32am

The most recent batch of DHS non-cell balls.   People love it, superb quality ball, distinctly better than the 2014 product.

On the dark side, they ask too much --$1.5 per one on discount sale. Have some more patience !
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 10:56am
Igor, that stamp you highlight shows one thing and one thing only -- the date the balls were made!!!!!  Nobody doubts that they have continued to produce balls.

The date stamp doesn't say that the balls have some "improved plastic formulation" or that they play better than their earlier versions (and if so, in what ways).  It does not say that they meet specifications outlined in ITTF Technical Bulletin T3 either.

Hopefully they have finally figured out how to make a usable ball.  It can't be worse than their earlier ones, that's for sure.  But the date stamp by itself means nothing.

Since you have some, and are a graduated engineer most diligent and all that, it would be nice to know
1.  Where you got them
2.  If they bounce higher and less randomly.
3.  If they are rounder.
4.  If they last longer. 

That would be useful, rather than the incoherent stuff you wrote prior to that.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 12:04pm
IF, a little resin was added to the formula, it could change the playing characteristics of the ball.

Did that happen ?

Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 9:43am
One more thing, do the balls change characteristics as they age?  Does the bounce become more irregular the longer they have been used?

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Igor, that stamp you highlight shows one thing and one thing only -- the date the balls were made!!!!!  Nobody doubts that they have continued to produce balls.

The date stamp doesn't say that the balls have some "improved plastic formulation" or that they play better than their earlier versions (and if so, in what ways).  It does not say that they meet specifications outlined in ITTF Technical Bulletin T3 either.

Hopefully they have finally figured out how to make a usable ball.  It can't be worse than their earlier ones, that's for sure.  But the date stamp by itself means nothing.

Since you have some, it would be nice to know
1.  Where you got them
2.  If they bounce higher and less randomly.
3.  If they are rounder.
4.  If they last longer. 

That would be useful, rather than the incoherent stuff you wrote prior to that.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 10:22am
Also, do they now weigh less than 2.80 grams?  Are they harder or softer than before?

I very much hope they are improved.  It is possible but I remain skeptical.  The other companies (XSF/Palio, Butterfly/Weener, Nittaku Japan) seem to have succeeded in making decent plastic balls by using processes very much different from those used to make the celluloid balls.

DHS seems to have resisted doing that, and have tried to adopt old celluloid processes to work with new materials. Maybe it will work out for them in the end, if they just find the right plastic formula.

Certainly the date stamp by itself means nothing. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 12:42pm
I suspect DHS and DFish are forced to do so after Zhang Huilun marooned them as he was the owner of the seamless patent.  DHS/DFish simply don't have the talent and time to develop another process.  I am confident cellulose acetate was not even plan B.  There was just no contingency plan.  They didn't see it coming at all.

Edited by zeio - 11/12/2015 at 12:45pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 12:49pm
a player at our club recently pulled out a DFish poly ball to play our match and after 2 hits I said ok, we need to switch. The bounce was much less than the XSF ball, kind of like the old BTY poly balls.
I just bought some of the new BTY G40+ poly balls and when I compared their bounce to the XSF poly balls they actually bounced slightly more than the XSF balls. Unfortunately my opponent couldn't keep from laughing every time he heard that god awful sound they make!
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

I suspect DHS and DFish are forced to do so after Zhang Huilun marooned them as he was the owner of the seamless patent.  DHS/DFish simply don't have the talent and time to develop another process.  I am confident cellulose acetate was not even plan B.  There was just no contingency plan.  They didn't see it coming at all.

Zeio, my thoughts exactly.  And yet, they still retained credibility with ITTF and many of us were forced to use their execrable balls even though alternatives were available.  I hope ITTF removes their approval on January 2. 

Dave, the sound really is truly terrible, and yet, once you sort of convince your brain that the sound does not signify bad bounces, you more or less stop noticing or caring.  I think it takes about a half hour or so.  After that, you are just playing table tennis.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic