Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Suitable rubbers for Joola Rossi Emotion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suitable rubbers for Joola Rossi Emotion
    Posted: 04/07/2016 at 11:27am
I've ordered a Joola Rossi Emotion Cpen and I'm wondering which rubbers should I put on it. I'm presently playing with Nittaku septear with donic acuda s1 turbo of both sides. I play with the penhold grip (offensive looping) and use traditional Chinese backhand for blocking and RPB for attacking. I play best at close and mid distance from the table. Following rubbers I have in mind but I'm having difficulty choosing the right ones.

Donic acuda s1 turbo, my current rubber (too heavy and not so spinny, IMO)
Donic acuda s2
Donic bluefire m2/m3
Donic baracuda
Tibhar aurus
Tibhar evolution mx-p
Yasaka Rakza 7

Besides these any other rubber, other than tenergies and andro rubbers, you may also suggest
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Sponsored Links

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2016 at 3:27pm
If you use S1 Turbo both sides you can go well with MXP both sides, Bluefire M1 both sides or Rakza 7 both sides.. I would go with Rakza because it's lighter and also has no big drop in performance over the time like Evo e Bluefire, unless you can boost them over the time.

Edited by AMonteiro - 04/07/2016 at 3:52pm
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2016 at 5:51pm
Why not using joola rhyzm ? Aruna does and what is OK for him should be OK for you. When I use to play this blade, I loved rhyzm on it. It matches perfectly.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 2:36am
I heard rhyzm is not so durable. True?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 4:52am
I'm having difficulty selecting soft or hard sponge rubbers. Some say that it's carbon blade so soft rubbers are better while others argue that since top ply is hinoki so medium hard to hard rubbers will be more appropriate.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 5:14am
It's always a trade-off.  With the JRE, the carbon is buried quite deep in the blade so it isn't as prominent as it is in some blades.  Also, the hinoki outer is quite thin (and the medial is koto) so you don't get the pillow-soft feel of something like a Zetro Quad.  So I would stick with whatever you're most used to using and not worry about it too much.

BTW, Rhyzm is a durable rubber, certainly up there with the majority of ESN rubbers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2016 at 10:06am
Sadly, Rakza and Rhyzm are not in stock at my dealer's store. Here's the rubber combinations I came up with:

1. Evo mx-p of both sides - This is just exciting. But, I'm a little worried about the weight and whether I'll be able to control it easily as I'm getting a composite blade for the first time.

2. Baracuda on both sides - People say that baracuda is like baby tenergy 05 a with the high throw and lotta spin but more control as its not that fast. But again, some people are saying that it needs a hard blade to work well and rossi emotion has hinoki top play so, not very hard.

3. FH baracuda and Coppa x1 turbo platin on BH - Coppa x1 turbo becoz my RPB lacks power, spin is not an issue there. But again, some says it doesn't go well with blades with hinoki top ply.

4. Acuda s2 both sides

5. Acuda s1 both sides

6. Bluefire M2 both sides

7. Acuda s1 turbo both sides - my current combination. Don't like the weight though
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2020 at 6:56am
Can you recommend  which rubber does suit well with joola rossi emotion.
I would like to try joola rhyzm -tech (Joola pistej plays with it).
What are your experiences? I preffer softer rubber, but i affraid that combinaton rossi emotion and soft rubber will be not good.
I play brush loop both wing and counter, blocsk very close to table.
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2020 at 10:50am
Soft rubbers shouls be just fine. I once played JRE wirh Maxxx-P and the feeling was great.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2020 at 5:44pm
and acuda s2 or another medium soft rubber? 
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2020 at 4:06am
Tried Rhyzm on Emotion and it worked well, spin and feel were there. Also tried MX-P, and it seemed a little too dense for this softish blade, I struggled to engage the blade to perform speedy loops with maximum power, also medium power loops tend to go longer than needed to land reliably. Beware.
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2020 at 6:47am
I have been using Joola Rossi Emotion as my main blade nearly 4 years now. Tenergy 05 on both sides is simply amazing for me. This is particularly true if I am on the offensive. Banana flicks, drives, counters, active blocks, spinny loops and side spins. My only trouble with this rubber is receiving spinny serves as T05 is most sensitive to incoming spin. If you read it wrong, then you're burned.

I solved this with Dignics 05 on my backhand. Much firmer than 05, and less reactive to incoming spin. Blocks are awesome, my flicks and backhand are just as spinny. In fact I am tempted to use Dignics both sides. Hope this helps.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2020 at 9:23am
Thank you. I am afraid of the hardness of dingnics for bh. I play very spiny slow topspin to backspin of my opponent and than drives, blocks very close to table. 
What thickness do you use?
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2020 at 11:36am
I can tell you Dignics will work just fine. It does not feel hard at all, especially on a blade like JRE. Remember, there is a hard koto right below a relatively soft but still thin hinoki ply. 

I can also confirm again that softer rubbers work great with this one, too. Hinoki-koto combination of first two plies seem to really work for these. 
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2020 at 4:37pm
Dont you have problem to open strong backspin with dignics on bh?  I prefer softer rubber for openining strong backspin(joola rhyzm tech). Because i am taller , i am affraid that i dont have enough speed of wrist and enough bending of knees for play opening loops to backspin .  ?

darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2020 at 5:40pm
No offence, but you seem to so 'afraid' of various things that it begins to sound rather strange. Besides, there are no rubbers to adapt to you, there's you who needs to adapt to how they play. Being tall, for example, is hardly and excuse for not staying low enough to hit the ball with a proper technique. 

Apart from that, Dignics grabs the ball extremely well, which makes it rather easy to flip that backspin over the net.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic