Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Shoes for Table Tennis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 1:11am
Did you mean https://www.racquetballwarehouse.com/ That previous link is a misspelling that lead to some scammy holding page.
Sponsored Links

Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by WingTT WingTT wrote:

Did you mean https://www.racquetballwarehouse.com/ That previous link is a misspelling that lead to some scammy holding page.

yes
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 11:11pm
[
[/QUOTE]

I thought volleyball shoes are for jumping more than for rapid side to side.
[/QUOTE]

Much of the movement in volleyball is side to side.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2020 at 9:48am
Due to my plantar fasciitis I have bought quite some pairs of quality shoes. Mostly for badminton, but the best I found so far is this.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2020 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Due to my plantar fasciitis I have bought quite some pairs of quality shoes. Mostly for badminton, but the best I found so far is this.

Looks like these shoes also have a ventilated bottom like my favorite, the Butterfly Energy Force 3. It really helps to keep your feet cool and thus very comfortable.
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2020 at 1:03pm
Yes, there is a ventilated bottom although I don't find them most breathable pair from my collection. What is important for me is the outstanding cushioning and stability , best grip so far and the  light weight.
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2020 at 4:43pm
Something I personally don't cheap out on is shoes.
I've switched over to Asics completely and even went to their outlets to buy 2 pairs of nice shoes for only $120 it was BOGO free and I also use the Asics dominate ff from tt11 best decision ever. I have both the blue and white/red ones. Compared to Mizuno there much more lighter and breathable. Wave drives were way too heavy and I sold them
Wave neo z was good but didn't last long the bottoms ripped off
Wave medal z was not bad lasted the longest but again the durability is still not that good on them. 
Wave drive neos were funky 
I personally do not endorse using non tt related shoes because you won't know till later if it really helps or damages your body more so than you think. 
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2020 at 11:47am
For me the best shoes are Mizuno Wave Medal 5 and Wave Drive 5, 6 and 7
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2020 at 1:16pm
I got my plantar fasciitis because of mine (two pairs)Mizuno wave medal 5. They are NOT made for playing on a hard floor and their grip is quickly gone. I realized this when it was too late.Anyway good looking shoes, but thats all
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2020 at 2:13pm
I think it all depends on if you are looking for support or mobility, I guess it will depend on your body type and footwork requirement.  I prefer Yonex over Asics where I am but neither of them sell TT shoes here.  I have been recently using Mizuno Wave Drive 8 which for me is more appropriate for TT
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2020 at 8:37am
How do you find badminton shoes for TT?

I don't know if its because they are dirty or the flooring as i am briefly playing in a new location, but my reasonably new [ < 20 - 30 hrs of play] Wave Medal 6's are now moving very slowly. 

I moved quicker in my significantly heavier tennis shoes even.

I tried my badminton victor [A-920 shoes] and they are unbelievable. As quick as the WM6's were when they were cleaner / on the ideal floor.

The badminton shoes are in the middle of their life and haven't been cleaned either [will give both of them a big scrub when i get home]..unfortunately i think when walking small distances to catch public transport etc, i sometimes walked with the TT shoes which didn't help

I don't see why one couldn't use badminton shoes. They are 374 g per shoe [size 10.5 US / 28.5 cm]
so only 70g more than the very light WM6.

They are both very quick sports with a lot of lateral movement, although of course badminton is largely 45 degree movement.

Maybe TT shoes are more temperamental with regards to different flooring, in any case, [these] badminton shoes seem to excel on a wider range of either floors, or state of dustiness/[un]cleanliness.

Edited by Basquests - 02/09/2020 at 8:38am
momus View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2020 at 10:09am
I'm between these table-tennis shoes by ASICS

ATTACK DOMINATE FF (with the new Flyte-Foam tech, very light at 225gr, sell exclusively in Japan)

and 
ATTACK BLADELYTE 4 (seems to be a little more cushioned, but also heavier at 325gr)

any opinions/feedback would be much appreciated!

Edited by momus - 02/09/2020 at 10:18am
KiwiPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2020 at 2:10pm
I heard Asics tend to run a bit narrower. My friend owns both models and he says the Attack Dominate FF (the lighter weight ones) are more comfortable. Definitely go up a size if you are in between size! 

Originally posted by momus momus wrote:

ATTACK DOMINATE FF (with the new Flyte-Foam tech, very light at 225gr, sell exclusively in Japan)

and 
ATTACK BLADELYTE 4 (seems to be a little more cushioned, but also heavier at 325gr)

any opinions/feedback would be much appreciated!

momus View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2020 at 3:23pm
thanks for your input KiwiPong, very helpful!
I already own Asics shoes (Blade 5 & Rocket) so the sizing is no problem
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2020 at 8:02pm
I just bought an Adidas Cloudfoam with gum rubber and it works quite well in terms of feet comfort (i accidentally hurt my foot in badminton and am recovering), but I feel I have way more control and power from the ground when I'm playing in Vibram Fivefingers (but that is a lot more demanding on the feet which is not so great when you're recovering).
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sabiz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2020 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by momus momus wrote:

I used play far away from table lobbing both sides so I always looked for the lightest shoe & actually weighed my shoes.
That is freaking awesome at 7.934 ounces weight.  But in general, the problem with mail order shoes is same as mail order brides(or grooms) . Ha Ha just kidding . If you buy the wrong size , what do you do ? Send them back at at shipping more than cost of shoes ? 

I have found that most tennis / basketball / cross-training / volleyball shoes are very heavy. 

Tried wrestling shoes - These are great with ankle protection but heels too flat & somewhat heavy

Tried sprinting shoes with rubber spikes are great except that they are designed for forward movement not lateral. I once sprained my ankle REAL REAL bad.
Of course I don't screw in the spikes on............yet.......unless there is a future outdoor table tennis event.     BTW the most metal spike outdoor sprint shoes are awesome light-weight but since the screw-in pins on the shoe side render them unusable indoor .

Many racing flats are decent but tend to get heavy. There are many many Nike / Adidas / Reebok flats but you have to find the right ones.

I have even bought some beach shoes ($5) at Walmart . They were great but no longer available. Most new ones are very heavy on the sole side (that breaks my soul) 

I like some of the five finger shoes though they are a pain to put on.  Lot of good stuff from China at good prices but again the size & availability are the problems.

But if you are not very mobile and play close to the table , you are better off using heavier tennis or basketball shoes for most protection of ankles & feet

taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2020 at 3:00pm
asics gel rocket 9 (volleyball) best shoes under 65$, long last comfort, stability, amazon etc
momus View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 8:09am
well, I tend to move a lot and at all directions, so lightweight, stability and comfort are all crucial!
I've already placed an order for Asics Dominate FF at ttjapan
I'll report back when i recieve them

Edited by momus - 02/11/2020 at 8:10am
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 4:46pm
Good choice I've ordered 3 more as backups. Bought one 6 months ago and still good as new. 
SamanthaBlakepc4 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamanthaBlakepc4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2020 at 9:14pm
Perhaps a hate war will fall on me now, but the girl, like us, loves stylish and comfortable shoes and believe me, your soul mate will definitely be very happy if you give her some very cool and stylish model of sneakers for sports. I was very lucky because my girlfriend is fond of tennis and I decided to give her cool tennis shoes for March 8th. I found reviews for different models at https://tennisshoesdeals.com/best-supportive-tennis-shoes. The variety is really very large and everyone will find something perfect for themselves or their significant other.

Edited by SamanthaBlakepc4 - 12/17/2020 at 4:15am
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2020 at 10:33pm
these

*sigh*
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2020 at 8:10am
Two best TT shoes i've tried are ASICS Gel Blade 7 and Butterfly Rifones
Samhood View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2021 at 8:04am
For getting tennis shoes if you step into the market or visit online portals, which is full of options. one will get lots of options which will satisfy the needs of each level player and even one can use these on different tennis court. 
Well coming back to the question, if i have to throw my suggestion in this discussion i would go with Wilson Tennis Shoes. Have a look at its awesome features which makes it different and special from others. 

Wilson brings innovative technologies in tennis shoes that creates a lethal combination of explosiveness and stability that support aggressive movements towards the net. Wilson Tennis shoes use a lightweight, engineered mesh that improves breathability and comfort.

The 4th generation of Rush Pro Tennis shoes are good for attacking players looking for a stable, explosive shoe mold enhancing comfort without compromising the stability that drives explosive speed. Wilson Tennis shoes come with game-changing designs with contemporary colour schemes - an appealing combination for any tennis player.

Edited by Samhood - 03/23/2021 at 8:07am
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2021 at 10:38am
I have worn volleyball shoes for TT, but they have usually taller cushion and harder outsole. After I tried mizuno and bty shoes, I think I prefer to  wear tt shoes, not volleyball or even badminton shoes. They are made for different purposes.
tillwill View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2021 at 9:57pm
I'm a total ASICS fan for TT shoes. They are 100% great, I feel them as if they were designed especially for my feet. I liked them so much that even when it got a little worn out, my wife repaired it (luckily at the moment she was into shoe crafts and had one of those weird machines). Anyway, throughout my whole life, I had several ASICS pairs and never regretted buying them.
ybok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ybok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2021 at 5:25pm
I used various Asics Gel Rocket models for a long time and really liked the weight and cushioning.  Then I tried ADIDAS X TANGO 18+ IN INDOOR SOCCER shoes which are significantly lighter and very comfortable.  They are slip-ons and a bit hard to put on but very secure when wearing them.  I wish I knew what the next generation of these shoes are, Adidas models are confusing.
GrayGhost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2021 at 7:21pm
I started with some Nike indoor soccer shoes.  They were fine but I wanted to see if actual TT shoes made a difference.  I purchased some Li Ning's, the same model Ma Long had worn the last few years.  I must say they are amazing and make a huge difference.  Better grip, better side to side stability, and more comfortable!  YMMV
Sahil Dhawan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sahil Dhawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2021 at 2:56am
I have tried the shoe which the professionals use to play with. But after using same piece like them I realized that there is a huge difference between me and those players, they are professionals and I am naive, after this I purchased a cool pair of mens sports shoes from online site and found that the activeness in me increased because of the shoes. You can not become expert at once, you have to follow the steps to achieve your goals. Let me share the shoe which I have bought from https://www.muftijeans.in/mufti-footwear.html">mens sports shoes. Hope you guys also like my choice as a beginner in this game.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Sahil Dhawan Sahil Dhawan wrote:

I have tried the shoe which the professionals use to play with. But after using same piece like them I realized that there is a huge difference between me and those players, they are professionals and I am naive, after this I purchased a cool pair of mens sports shoes from online site and found that the activeness in me increased because of the shoes. You can not become expert at once, you have to follow the steps to achieve your goals. Let me share the shoe which I have bought from https://www.muftijeans.in/mufti-footwear.html">mens sports shoes. Hope you guys also like my choice as a beginner in this game.
they look very VERY light and at under $20 a pair, it’s worth a try, thanks for sharing.
mikoloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikoloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2022 at 6:40pm
That company hasn't made quality shoes for a long time. They are focused on amateur sports, so mass production has become less quality than the Tennis Shoez LLC company. I used to play tennis and run. Finding good shoes is quite difficult, especially when you get injured and can't always continue to wear sneakers or sneakers from top manufacturers. You have to either buy custom-made shoes or look for exclusives, which affects the budget and comfort (if improperly chosen). So few companies can offer not just comfortable but quality footwear for seasoned athletes.

Edited by mikoloi - 06/10/2022 at 7:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic