Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy MX-K (Tibhar) Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy MX-K (Tibhar) Review
    Posted: 02/08/2020 at 5:06am
If you want any comparisons or further opinions just ask
Sponsored Links

passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2020 at 5:05am
Who am I:
Welcome! You are all invited to read my review (ramblings) on my last two months playing with the MX-K 47 degree 2.3mm Sponge.

Before you decide to use my review (I am honored that you would try) you need to know a bit about my level and play style as I will elude later you may experience this rubber in a different way.

Me: I have been playing table tennis for around 6 years. I have been playing in my local leagues for 5 years (although it should have been 4!). I play in a local league which is weak for the local area and comprised of around 30-40 teams. I can proudly announce I am the worst player in the top local division (Div 1 of 3). I would probably estimate my level somewhere in the 1700-1800 catagory but honestly I have little to no clue.

My style: I am a left handed, FH Dominant looper, a decent server but I struggle with varience and am very one dimensional. Often people struggle playing me for one or two games and then can take off once they move the ball around a bit more. 

First Impressions unboxing:
I honestly noticed no difference between this and MX-P on opening, high quality and nice grip as expected form this line of rubbers. Fantastic as always. I will use this as a reference for most of the review as it will be the closest competitor and also happens to be one of my most liked rubbers for FH and BH.

I tried this on two set ups.

Blade 1 set up:
Nittaku Miyabi, MX-K FH and BH

This was a bad idea, the soft rubber with a short top sheet on a thick hinoki blade was good for blocking and brush looping. But it became too mushy for me and I struggled to hit hard loops. It just felt unstable on both sides. It flat it well, blocked well and spun up well but I couldn't produce a good killing loop. This behavior I think would fit my team mate but I cannot have this as that is most of my game plan!
On the plus side spin and placement was easy. I think this would be a good set up if not for also the thickness making push play harder.

Blade 2 Set up:
Butterfly innerforce ALC (98g fron amazon.jp) Fastarc G1 FH, MX-K BH

Now this was my regular set up but I struggled at first with my BH comming from MX-P (which was a surprise). As I mentioned earlier, I used brushing techniques almost since year 2 as my only proper offensive weapon, I moved onto drives more when I got stronger.  Now MX-K while bieng a soft rubber required a specific contact as the top sheet is very thin, I feel there is less dwell. 
Eventually when I started trusting this rubber better I noticed that this is less spin sensitive than MX-P, better touch and slightly slower. While brushing is harder every other shot is better, now I just trust the rubber my backhand is slightly more consistent and hitting high balls is great.

All in all this is a great rubber.  I think it is well suited to players who think they hit amazing balls with MX-P but either flat hit predominantly or are looking for a slightly safer but not inferior choice.

It reminded my of the change from MX-P to G1 on my forehand. The hitting and spin are similar with the soft sponge and short soft topsheet making it better to engage on backhand (I struggled with G1 due to the overall engagement needed)

I would rate this identical to MX-P with better control and flat hitting but worse brushing capabilities.

Would I buy this rubber: Yes, for my backhand. But only if it is available in europe as shipping from TAK9 would raise the price more in line with tenergy sourced locally than MX-P.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic