Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seamoon + Kai Lin = bad interaction?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lambomets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lambomets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seamoon + Kai Lin = bad interaction?
    Posted: 02/11/2020 at 3:55am
Hello,
I used a 40 deg provincial h3 neo 2.15mm with 1 layer seamoon, 1 layer kailin, and 2 layers of rev 3 wbg on acoustic blade. All of these layers were normal size, not too thick. 

The result was complete mush. Could it be that these two boosters interact badly with each other and damaged the sponge?
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
Adidas p7
Xiom Omega IV Elite
Sponsored Links

ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 4:29am
Originally posted by Lambomets Lambomets wrote:

Hello,
I used a 40 deg provincial h3 neo 2.15mm with 1 layer seamoon, 1 layer kailin, and 2 layers of rev 3 wbg on acoustic blade. All of these layers were normal size, not too thick. 

The result was complete mush. Could it be that these two boosters interact badly with each other and damaged the sponge?
Never had a bad experience. A lot of people I know mix Seamoon and Kailin in their magic proportions to get the feeling they want.
Lambomets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lambomets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2020 at 1:21pm
Could it be that my bottle of kai lin is spoiled? It is a few years old.
Adidas p7
Xiom Omega IV Elite
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2020 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Lambomets Lambomets wrote:

Hello,

Both Kailin and Seamoon have no problem
the H3 is.
Don't trust the number of degree
and never trust "provincial" or "national"
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2020 at 9:25am
did you add glue before or after oil?
Lambomets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lambomets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2020 at 5:36pm
did not add glue before .
I dont like to add glue before, makes the rubber feel less crisp
Adidas p7
Xiom Omega IV Elite
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2020 at 9:30am
Probably not booster oil interaction. You might want to wait till the reverse dome turns flatter before gluing and trying. If this is the first time application, the dome should be very obvious. If no dome, then the rubber is overly boosted already. I would say 2 layers at most to avoid over boosting and bubble buildup between top sheet and sponge.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
Lambomets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lambomets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 12:45am
Should I remove the protective film from the topsheet of the H3 neo before boosting?

By the way, I found the results are very bad if I boost with seamoon without removing the factory primer glue layer.
Adidas p7
Xiom Omega IV Elite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic