FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New rubber colors coming 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New rubber colors coming 2021
    Posted: 02/24/2021 at 4:35pm
To all,

Just found out about the new rubber colors that were approved.  Pink, Blue, Violet, and Green! 

I'm looking forward to the new colors, but it will be tough for the manufacturers.  I can see it now, my daughter will want a Pink rubber but they will all be out of stock. Then I'll say how about a nice Violet rubber, and she will stomp her feet and demand a Pink rubber. Haha.  

All kidding aside, I think it will be good for the sport, but I wonder if the different colored rubber sheets will play a little differently?  What do all of you think?
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2021 at 5:51pm
I'm probably not alone in saying that of all the issues that the ITTF has that we expect an organization like that should be solving, we get.. coloured rubbers that no one asked for.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2021 at 8:21pm
I'm with you WingTT.  A distraction from the real problems in table tennis.  
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

In a way I feel like adding colorful rubbers makes table tennis almost like a children's sport. Imagine if basketball was played with a blue or green ball. 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2021 at 4:18pm
Lol I'm looking forward to my blue D09c :)
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2021 at 8:56pm
i doubt companies would produce large quantities of this rubbers due to the pandemic and people's interests. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2021 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by SonabShah SonabShah wrote:

Are there any links to dealers offering these new color rubbers now ?  
Are they already tournament legal ?

I have three colors. I don't know if they're legal or not. I think they've approved the colors but these don't have ittf numbers on them
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 2:17am
a lot of manufacturers are still reluctant on the other colors thinking that Covid and other factors will not make them sell well. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 3:00pm
Harmless change that is good for the sport. Bonus personalization options are good. I will use new colors when available. The only thing I am not looking forward to is the mess involved with how different colors affect playing characteristics, maybe even things like durability, etc. As we know black is often different than red today with many rubbers. The article acknowledges they are aware of this and it was a factor in which colors made it to approval, but still. 
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Shiro Shiro wrote:

Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

In a way I feel like adding colorful rubbers makes table tennis almost like a children's sport. Imagine if basketball was played with a blue or green ball. 

What would actually be different if basketball was played with a blue ball?  I missed that part.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 3:41pm

Last November, ITTF approved the 4 new colours, pink, violet, green, and blue, will go on the market October 1st, 2021.  

The table tennis companies likely to decide or have decided which of their rubbers in their lineup will be made into these colours. I would guess the better selling rubbers to have these new colours made for commercial sale to the public. Someone will have to ask the Sponsored Pros if they'll use any of these new colours in tournaments.   Hint:  "Ask a Pro Anything" 

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 4:01pm
Are they pushing these bright rubbers to complement the dark dungeon-like WTT venues?
Table tennis used to look like a serious Olympics sport - do you think it's now beginning to look more like a pub game?
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 4:01pm
   MAKE YOUR CHOICE, PLEASE.

Black rubber topsheet is known to have less "catapultive power" as compared to the red rubber.. Black rubber is always produced of a raw rubber material to which a great percentage of TECHNICAL CARBON is incorporated. This will cause notably less elasticity on black rubbers.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

MAKE YOUR CHOICE, PLEASE.

Black rubber topsheet is known to have less "catapultive power" as compared to the red rubber.. Black rubber is always produced of a raw rubber material to which a great percentage of TECHNICAL CARBON is incorporated. This will cause notably less elasticity on black rubbers.

Most rubbers I find the opposite

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2021 at 5:55am
yes I agree... when there is a difference between red and black, the black is usually spinnier.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2021 at 10:19am
I welcome the change or reversal back to the olden days before the color rule! I think it will be fun for the sport especially helpful in getting my daughter into the game with pink rubbers as she is all about pink right now! 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
CP/JP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CP/JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2021 at 11:32am
I didn't notice that change yet, but could players combine any of these colours on their rackets?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Nittaku Excellent AAA
Nittaku Hammond Pro Alpha
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by CP/JP CP/JP wrote:

I didn't notice that change yet, but could players combine any of these colours on their rackets?

I presume you just have to have two different colors

BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2021 at 8:15pm
I thought one side had to be black still.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2021 at 12:05am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I thought one side had to be black still.

Yes, one side must be black.
The other side, one of the 4 new colours or red

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2021 at 9:59pm
checked the ittf LARC and most of the rubbers there are still on red/black colors especially the newest ones. 

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2021 at 12:09am

DISSENTIONS A LOT STILL EXIST
still there are some dissentions within Ittf and manufacurers about the so many colours

Mrs. Claudia Herweg:
After studying sports and an education in foreign trade started to work for one of the leading table tennis brands DONIC. Changed to a table tennis shop 1000 & 1 HOLZ for one year. Followed by 20 years in a leading table tennis racket covering producer as a managing director and shareholder. A period of 6 years as a self employed consultant of table tennis companies followed. Since 2018 full time employed as the Head of Equipment inside the International Table Tennis Federation.

Quote After this test we defined the four new colours: pink, violet, green and blue, as well as the permitted colour spaces in which the brands are now allowed to develop new products. We wanted to start cautiously, because we can always add new colour shades at a future date. In the middle of November the Board of Directors approved our definition meaning from 1st October, 2021 the new colours will be on the market.

https://www.ittf.com/2021/02/03/emotional-theory-colours-new-rubber-colours-decided/

https://www.ittf.com/2021/04/01/petra-sorling-nominated-ittf-president-candidacy/

Edited by igorponger - 04/05/2021 at 12:17am
------
𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2021 at 12:28am
meh those colours exist back in the day except for pink, i don't ever recall seeing a pink rubber other than the other kinds :p
*sigh*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic