Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dignics 09c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dignics 09c
    Posted: 01/30/2023 at 1:31pm
Hi All, 

I have observed very strange behavior of 09c

1. On blades like Timo Boll Alc , Stiga carbonado, it behaves very differently and not get the feeling, very typical of 09c .

However suddenly i try on Andrej Grubba ( ALL+), it is totally different beast,

1. V spinny, 
good control and felt so in command 

can anyone share their playing experience, especially on which blade
Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
Sponsored Links

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2023 at 2:29pm
I personally did not like the D09c on my Viscaria. Dwell time feels too short, it was hard to engage the sponge without resulting in too flat of a shot. I liked it much better on the Yasaka Sweden Extra as well as the Hurricane Long 5, which is a very woody feeling composite blade. 
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2023 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

I personally did not like the D09c on my Viscaria. Dwell time feels too short, it was hard to engage the sponge without resulting in too flat of a shot. I liked it much better on the Yasaka Sweden Extra as well as the Hurricane Long 5, which is a very woody feeling composite blade. 

I switched to Hurricane 8-80, much more satisfied with it - that thing is a spin monster Clap
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2023 at 7:36am
Thats exactly I also felt, it does not feel that soft on ALC type blades or harder blades.

What could be candidates for it ? I wanted bit more speed as well but flexible blades?

1. Petr Korbel?
2. Andrej Grubba ( but it is AL+)

any other Stiga wood blades ? with decent speed ?
Amit Agarwal

ander999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ander999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2023 at 12:00pm
Personally I feel like the 09C is all marketing... I have tried it and found it nothing special. For forehand I feel like you have to boost it for it to be playable which I can't be bothered to do.
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2023 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I switched to Hurricane 8-80, much more satisfied with it - that thing is a spin monster Clap

I like the H8-80 on stiffer blades, at least with my 37 degree sheet. It feels way too mushy on flexier blades like the HL5. 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2023 at 4:18pm

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I like the H8-80 on stiffer blades, at least with my 37 degree sheet. It feels way too mushy on flexier blades like the HL5. 

I suspect it does play a bit better with stiffer blades like the Viscaria, it has the new 09c feeling of grabbing the ball for a long, long time which just gives so much control and spin over all shots. Plus the serve/serve receive game performance is just like 09c, so dead and spinny - it's so easy to control this rubber. Plus it's 1/3 the price of 09c and I suspect it's durability to actually exceed 09c lol (my 09c deteriorated hard in performance just after 4 months). 

However I think for my next batch I probably want the 38 deg version (if they indeed have that) - the 37 deg feels a little too mushy under high input power (as I'm using it for FH)
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2023 at 6:16am
on wood blade only its qualities are exploited. try on some wood blade. 

I tried on Grubba(ALL+) , it was very lively and effective

on ALC blades it is not good 
Amit Agarwal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2023 at 6:17am
Hi, i see you use HL5 and 09c,

can you share your experience using it on spin, control, speed?
Amit Agarwal

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2023 at 1:27pm
Spin is very good, both with brushing and power strokes. The D09c's grip when counter looping is particularly impressive. Speed is very good against a fast incoming shot, but it's harder than say the Tenergies to generate your own pace.  The Long 5 accentuates this characteristic, being quite a rocket with a lot of flex on hard shots, particularly against a fast incoming shot, but feels rather dull with medium powered strokes. 

Control for the D09C is also excellent for a non-Chinese rubber. It's not nearly as bouncy as say Tenergies or tensors. Long 5 again accentuates this, being a rather soft blade that's not very bouncy with soft shots.

Together, this setup is great for someone who uses the service/receive/short game to set up thunderous attacks that aim to end the point quickly. It's not great for a controlled rally game. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2023 at 4:21pm

Spin is very good, both with brushing and power strokes. The D09c's grip when counter looping is particularly impressive. Speed is very good against a fast incoming shot, but it's harder than say the Tenergies to generate your own pace.  The Long 5 accentuates this characteristic, being quite a rocket with a lot of flex on hard shots, particularly against a fast incoming shot, but feels rather dull with medium powered strokes. 

Control for the D09C is also excellent for a non-Chinese rubber. It's not nearly as bouncy as say Tenergies or tensors. Long 5 again accentuates this, being a rather soft blade that's not very bouncy with soft shots.

Together, this setup is great for someone who uses the service/receive/short game to set up thunderous attacks that aim to end the point quickly. It's not great for a controlled rally game. 

I will try on wooden blades like Clipper CR or Pter Korbel , as it does not go good on ALC blades.

So how long you are using D09c, 
I am thinking of D05 on BH too.
Amit Agarwal

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2023 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by amitmnagarwal amitmnagarwal wrote:

I will try on wooden blades like Clipper CR or Pter Korbel , as it does not go good on ALC blades.

So how long you are using D09c, 
I am thinking of D05 on BH too.

I've been using D09C about 5 months, clocking in probably 15 hrs a week. I used it on the YSE for 3 months and now Long 5 for 2 months. I'm probably going to switch to the 968 in the next few days as I'm trying to develop a more balanced FH/BH game. I used D05 on the BH for over a month, switched over to D09c a week ago and it's an immediate improvement. D09c allows me to generate my own spin to overcome the opponent's spin much better, so I'm on D09c both sides now. 

It's really a pretty great rubber, the only thing that could probably beat it is a boosted H3, but then you'd have to boost. 
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2023 at 3:48pm
I’m stocking up on butterfly spinart. Similar and cheaper than the 09C.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic