FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Vega Korea Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Vega Korea Review
    Posted: 06/28/2023 at 11:16pm
Xiom Vega Korea

https://imgur.com/8cIQxEq

https://imgur.com/0DNSjk0

https://imgur.com/LJiQB7z

https://imgur.com/vLqK2rC

https://imgur.com/Wi0fkT8

Weight: 68-70 grams uncut

Speed: Offensive

Spin: Very High
Hardness: Medium Hard (approx. 47 degrees)

I was surprised that Xiom released the Xiom Vega Korea. The last one they have released was Vega X. Do not underestimate this Vega rubber as I think this is the best Vega variant in the market right because of its balanced spin/speed ratio. The topsheet is very grippy and offers better grip than the Vega X or Vega Japan. The rubber colors I have are magenta, blue and black. I had several of these Vega Koreas and a lot of people have used this variant and were really impressed with the Vega Korea’s performance across different levels. I tested this rubber with Xiom Cho Daeseong and Hugo HAL blades.

So what does the Vega Korea offer that makes it different from other Vega rubbers? Remember the Vega Japan? After so many years I think there are still people who use this rubber because it is very spinny and also one of the best handling and control among Vega variants. This is a mid-range rubber that performs better than a mid-range rubber. A mid-range rubber is defined as a rubber that performs the necessary spin and speed shots but falls short of being a high-performance rubber that is needed by higher level players. The price of the Vega Korea is also very affordable. I think it is about USD40 in my area and is worth every penny. Further tests that I have made me conclude that it is a combination of every good thing from several Vega rubbers like, Vega Europe DF, Vega Pro DF and Vega Japan rubbers.

The Vega Korea is a medium-fast rubber. It is not the fastest rubber in the Vega series but the Vega X. The Vega X’s speed can almost be as good as their premium or top of the line rubbers. The Vega Korea is somewhat faster than the Vega Pro and Vega Europe rubbers due to the improved sponge and tuning agent. Mind you, the Vega Pro and Europe rubbers are more than a decade old already and though they still are very good rubbers to use nowadays, they were designed mainly for the 40mm celluloid ball. As of the present, the slowest rubbers in the Vega Series are the Vega Intro, China and Tour are somewhat the slowest rubbers. I would put the Vega Korea as 2nd to Vega X’s speed only if you rank the Vega rubbers from fastest to slowest. The speed is not blindingly fast but fast enough. The speed of the Vega Korea is comparable to premium ESN rubbers that were released about at least 3 or 4 years ago. Honestly, the Vega Korea was not designed to be mainly for speed but with a perfect balance of speed and spin with relation to mid-level performance for players that are on the level of recreational or semi-competitive. My disclaimer on this rubber is that if you are a player that is on a national or international level then this rubber is not for you as there are other high-performance rubbers from Xiom. If you are a player that blocks or considered to be an all-around type of player, the Xiom Vega Korea is a great choice. I have a friend who is a former World Police & Fireman Games Champion that fell in love with the Vega Korea as his backhand rubber. He is using the Omega 7 Asia I gave as a forehand rubber with the Hugo HAL blade. The speed is more than enough for most players and can be still good at medium or far distance from the table. The sponge itself is very responsive when you hit through the sponge and responds really well giving you the power you would need depending on your distance.

The spin is also surprisingly high for this rubber. As what I have stated earlier, this is as spinny as previously released high-performance rubbers a few years back and is definitely spinnier than other non-tacky Vega rubbers. It is not only spinny through its being grippy because of the very grippy topsheet but it is also very easy to produce spin because of the combination of topsheet and sponge enables the rubber to easily grab the ball when doing any types of spin shots. I have extensively used this with the Cho Daeseong blade and with the Hugo HAL which is a personal favorite blade of mine for about a month now and aside from my personal observations, the overwhelming response from people who have used this rubber is that it is very spinny, easy to handle and never lacking speed. Supposedly this will be only released in Korea at first because at the time that this rubber was given to me, Xiom was still not sure if they would release this rubber in other regions at that time. Our local Xiom distributor here ordered the Vega Korea and the sales are still really good upon the time of this writing.

Overall, a fantastic mid-range rubber with above expectations performance and most of all the price is great at around 40USD.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2023 at 12:53pm
How are you measuring your sponge hardness? In your Vega Tour review you claimed it was 45 degrees and in this Vega Korea review you claim it is 47. The official hardness for Vega Tour is 47.5 and Vega Korea is 45 according to Xiom themselves.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2023 at 6:44am
How does it compare to Tibhar Evolution EL-D?  
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2023 at 4:55am
In xiom.eu  VegaTour is marked 45˚ and Vega Korea hasn’t been listed just yet. 

Edited by Tommy16 - 07/03/2023 at 4:57am
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2023 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

In xiom.eu  VegaTour is marked 45˚ and Vega Korea hasn’t been listed just yet. 

On Xiom.global Vega Tour is marked as 47.5

I don't know which one is accurate.

Xiom.store (the main Korean page), lists Vega Korea as 45
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2023 at 12:23pm
LOL I have played with Xiom only about 6 months and I do hope that their qc is better wi5h rubbers than is is with websitesLOL.

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2023 at 12:51pm

LOL I have played with Xiom only about 6 months and I do hope that their qc is better wi5h rubbers than is is with websitesLOL.

Xiom.store also has Vega Tour as 47.5. I think that Yogi and the EU website that you mentioned are wrong.

Their quality control is as good as it gets for a table tennis manufacturer. Their rubbers are also the most durable of every ESN made rubber I have ever used.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2023 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Their quality control is as good as it gets for a table tennis manufacturer. Their rubbers are also the most durable of every ESN made rubber I have ever used.
Based on my limited experience I do agree with both things. I think that Omega 7`s seems to be  more durable than VegaX’s. The thing that I really like about Xiom rubbers is that they don’t rely on booster as strongly as other esn rubbers do. I think this affects to durability quite a bit too.

Backslash View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Backslash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2024 at 8:18am
Hey everybody, need some advise here on the Vega Korea Smile
I consider myself an intermediate player with about 3 years of experience playing with an offensive style. I like to attack quickly before my opponent does. Currently I‘m using a Donic Appelgren Allplay blade with Butterfly Rozena rubbers which I do like but wonder if it makes sense to upgrade to something faster. I‘m quite confident with my forehand drive technique and my topspin loop is more or less consistent, at least close to the table. When I move away a bit, I think I lack some power to get the ball on the table. Been eyeballing the Vega Korea for some time now and wonder if it would match my skill level and Donic blade well? Spintesters seems to have a positive Vega Korea review and also recommends Rakza 7 as an alternative. Can someone help me choose which rubber fits my skill level? Or should I buy a new blade as well? Maybe something with carbon inside? Would be grateful for some advise from someone who has experience with the gear I mentioned. Thanks in advance Embarrassed

Edited by Backslash - 04/21/2024 at 7:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic