FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
Advertising on MyTableTennis.NET

2019 Asian Championship 15-22 Sept.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2019 at 11:56am

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2019 at 9:33pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2019 at 10:39pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 2:00am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pim-co1vMF0

live from hola Canada working fine. 1st women doubles 1/2 about to start.

Edited by stiltt - 09/22/2019 at 2:04am
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 4:37am
with xx's improved bh and lgy's stable quick fh, we can expect a great final. the 2 have dominated their 1/2 real strong!
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 4:49am
What happens to FZD? He has been playing awkwardly for a long time. So many unforced errors, so many unbalance and out of position shots.... 

I think LGL needs to seriously consider another candidate for 2020 Olympics... 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 5:32am
Haters rejoice. Most depressing Harimoto ever.

Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 5:51am
I agree about FZD it makes me sad the whole thing about him was his power and consistency that dominated the need for anything else.

2017 FZD was an inspiration it was like a new level of player was coming. He reminded me of zjk where both FH and BH are top class but even better power on both sides and a much better BH flick. And the lack of strategy was amazing for the viewers as it let other players load their shots. 
He brough the best out of an opponent and then still savagely beat them down (except ml)

Now he is still a powerhouse but I think you will agree that the consistency had changed from the time when the commentators used to to say that the longer the rally goes one the more you fancy FZD (In a final against a dominant ML. Where only ML and FZD were in the same class as king and seemingly heir apparent)

If only that FZD was back we would see some even more amazing games against players like LYJ and TH
pongping2323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongping2323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 6:17am
Originally posted by passifid passifid wrote:

I agree about FZD it makes me sad the whole thing about him was his power and consistency that dominated the need for anything else.

2017 FZD was an inspiration it was like a new level of player was coming. He reminded me of zjk where both FH and BH are top class but even better power on both sides and a much better BH flick. And the lack of strategy was amazing for the viewers as it let other players load their shots. 
He brough the best out of an opponent and then still savagely beat them down (except ml)

Now he is still a powerhouse but I think you will agree that the consistency had changed from the time when the commentators used to to say that the longer the rally goes one the more you fancy FZD (In a final against a dominant ML. Where only ML and FZD were in the same class as king and seemingly heir apparent)

If only that FZD was back we would see some even more amazing games against players like LYJ and TH
I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but i'm happy FZD is the way he is right now, Because at least foreigners have a higher chance of defeating him and it's always great when a foreigner beats a chinese player.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 6:22am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

What happens to FZD? He has been playing awkwardly for a long time. So many unforced errors, so many unbalance and out of position shots.... 

I think LGL needs to seriously consider another candidate for 2020 Olympics... 

Olympic singles is gonna be Ma Long and Xu Xin. Fan Zhendong is already out...
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3-50
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 8:01am
Not surprised at FZD’s recent performance since Wang Hao became his coach. Ruining FZD would be another legacy for WH.
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 9:34am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Olympic singles is gonna be Ma Long and Xu Xin. Fan Zhendong is already out...
===================
Agree with that.
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 9:55am
The camera angles were very good at hiding it, but there were depressingly few people in the stands (yet again) for such a major event. This has been true everywhere in the world.
wappak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 10:35am
i have watch the interview with harimoto after the loss, i never thought he could speak mandarin fluently, im impress with this boyCool
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 10:48am
No audience. What can be done?
I think the Pro Tour should separate the Men's and Women's tour. Not the major events -like Asian TT or European Championships just the Pro Tour ones.

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 11:15am
"i have watch the interview with harimoto after the loss, i never thought he could speak mandarin fluently, im impress with this boyCool"

You do realize he is from China,no? Thus, not really impressive that he is fluent in Mandarin.

FdT
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 11:58am
FYI , he was born in Japan, parents are Chinese
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 12:09pm
Great win for Xu Xin. 

So long as he keeps this form up for a few more months he should be certain to play singles in Tokyo, which adds a lot of excitement to the singles event. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

FYI , he was born in Japan, parents are Chinese

You really think his parents stopped speaking mandarin to him once they moved to Japan?!? In your mind the harimotos do not speak mandarin in their home?!? Lol....

FdT
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 2:02pm
Xx’s Bh is now so confident he might become dominant and peaking at the right time in 2020. Even if people have time to adjust he shows a boss attitude as in “so what?”. I didn’t see the final yet so I’m not sure what went wrong in lgy’s game. If his close to the table quick fh loop is not on, he can’t win, is that where xx pounded him? 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Xx’s Bh is now so confident he might become dominant and peaking at the right time in 2020. Even if people have time to adjust he shows a boss attitude as in “so what?”. I didn’t see the final yet so I’m not sure what went wrong in lgy’s game. If his close to the table quick fh loop is not on, he can’t win, is that where xx pounded him? 

Xu Xin had superior shot quality from both wings, and had significant serve and short game advantages. It wasn't even close...
-------

Stiga Clipper CR

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Great win for Xu Xin. 

So long as he keeps this form up for a few more months he should be certain to play singles in Tokyo, which adds a lot of excitement to the singles event. 

Xu Xin definitely deserves the second spot behind Ma Long. It'll be a joke if Fan Zhendong with this form goes, and Fan Zhendong is not a World Champion yet...
-------

Stiga Clipper CR

avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 7:53pm
if Xu Xin is picked for the Olympics, he might repeat the fate of Ma Lin. Word Cup, Olympics, but no World Championship gold in singles.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by avova avova wrote:

if Xu Xin is picked for the Olympics, he might repeat the fate of Ma Lin. Word Cup, Olympics, but no World Championship gold in singles.

Or Xu Xin might just be a late bloomer just like Ma Long and take the 2021 world championships haha. Xu Xin does have the best spin in the whole world (his FH powerloop was measured to be around 7000+rpm) and if his BH weakness is finally gone this time there's no stopping him (well except for Ma Long)
-------

Stiga Clipper CR

wappak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 9:04pm
You do realize he is from China,no? Thus, not really impressive that he is fluent in Mandarin.

FdT

yah i know harimotos parents are from china but born and raise in japan, i have seen many parents migrate to other countries and their child cant speak fluently their parents native language, good for harimoto hes good in mandarin and japanese dialect.
wappak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 9:11pm
xx penhold style is unique, his style of play is one of a kind, i think thats why many shakehand players are getting hard time dealing with his style
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 10:34pm

"yah i know harimotos parents are from china but born and raise in japan, i have seen many parents migrate to other countries and their child cant speak fluently their parents native language, good for harimoto hes good in mandarin and japanese dialect."

I guess I'm not as easily impressed by somebody being bilingual since I'm bilingual, and MOST immigrant kids I know ARE bilingual, and so many people are bilingual, for example, pretty much 95% of club members at all the tt clubs I go to are bilingual, etc etc. I just don't consider it being as extraordinary as you think it is.

If he was fluent in, say, 5 languages then yes that would be impressive.

FdT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

Not surprised at FZD’s recent performance since Wang Hao became his coach. Ruining FZD would be another legacy for WH.

I saw a comment that said he was addicted to mobile games and didn't take practice seriously....LOL
-------

Stiga Clipper CR

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2019 at 2:13am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2019 at 3:54am
To be honest most of Xu xin's serves were hidden by his shoulder with 45 degrees ball toss. It was simply an unfair advantage and Harimoto had problem keeping the return of serve short and low over the net.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic