Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Any opinion about QUAD 480?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

Nice - 20 days - my rubber is done.
It is torn in the middle in 3 places (in the middle)
I liked the rubber - but 20 days - maybe 15-20 hours of playing .....

Ouch I know exactly what you mean. Depends on how hard and often you play. The Quads are not that durable, Plasma is slightly durable but still breaks up easily too. They (Quads and Plasmas) are nice rubbers and my only gripe with them is that they don't last very long.

Sponsored Links

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2007 at 1:05pm
I've bought another one - let's see how long it will keep
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 4:51pm
it is done also.
I like the rubber - but I am not so reach. 10-15 hours of playing and it is done.
I must try Plasma 470 - if it is the same durability - I change to somthing else
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 12:16am
Please do tell me if you've found something similar and cheap. LOL
I'm not rich too. Confused
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 10:16am
that is unbelievable fast dying
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 10:17am
by the way - what do you think about NIMBUS of Tibhar - I know that it is not cheap -  but maybe it lasts longer?
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 12:15pm
Ok. Today was maybe the 10-th hour I played with this rubber.
That was very active training but come on - I've started training today with one little lplit and after 1.5 hour it was completely torn.
There are many children in the place I play now - and in the begininig when I was excited about the capabilities of this rubber - I adviced them to buy this rubber.
But no way, You know - The rubber is not CONDOM - that is not for one day of pleasure.
I have two options:
1 - the rubber is garbage (we will not use here rough words)
2 - the men just sold me something really out of date or took it from defected batch.

But anyway I just gonna get part or all of my money back - or I will make REALLY GOOD PROMOTION TO THE quality of the products this supplyer sells

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 3:49pm
If you are looking for good durability, awesome speed and good spin (on loops and hard shot's, moderate on chops and serve) I suggest you look inte the JUIC equipment. I use Couga which is simply great, even without speed glue but I prefer it glued. If Couga is to fast then perhaps the Nano cannon could suit you? It's supposed to be similar, but a a tad of speed has been exchanged for spin.
The holy grail
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2007 at 6:09pm

I invited Plasma 470 - hope it will be at least the same characteristics but more durable.

temporary I play with Mark V max on my forehand  - It is not such a bad rubber but after playing some month with Quad 480.... I just feel that i want more from the rubber.

LuckyNet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2007 at 10:04am
Wink  Hi!
Iakovka  Just a ittle question....  What kind of glue are you using with the Q480?  are you reglueing? could you post a picture of the broken rubber? You said 20 days ony.... then it broke in the middle??????
Becouse I just already ordered a Q480 and one P430 and I will get those next week.

Thanks in advance,

LuckyNed

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2007 at 11:29am
For LuckyNet

Yes, in the middle, and not in one place( but less than 20 days). But I can't post the picture bacause I already returned these 2 rubbers to the supplyer. He said maybe it was somthing with this special line(it was from defected batch or somth). So He said he is gonna send it to ANDRO to ask about it and we both hope it is the case.
Ihope that in this case he will bring me the normal sheet.
Also I liked the rubber (not hte durability) -  if it is just happened with these two sheets(for some reason that they will explain) I will return to play with Quad.
LuckyNet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2007 at 4:26pm
Thanks iakovka. Confused
But what kind of glue were you used?  Do you reglued those rubbers??and if it possible from what store you ordered those rubber?? 
I will appreciatte you answer those questions....

Tnks in advance...

LuckyNet.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 9:14am
Forgott, but we had a discussion about it here:
http://www.affordablett.com.au/forum/index.php
The holy grail
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 6:07pm

To Ppeedplay:

I've entered your foum....
I think(with the current "level" of the forum) it will be better to send them here
:)

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 6:10pm

I will sign in there when it will become a litle more serious

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 3:34am
Well, for the forum to become more serious and more knowledge based, we do need new members with both new information and new questions. When it comes done to the Andro products, I think we have got some serious knowledge at the place. The decision is yours to make but you are welcome to join when ever you want.
The holy grail
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 6:12pm

I played Plasma 470 Max, from Andro today for the first time.

Maybe I forgot the feeling of fast rubber(I played Mark V for 2 last months), but I did not succeed to control it well. Very very loud (sound like 3 layers on it) but not so spinny as i expected, especially on short loops on chops. I ve got the feelning that it is very good for smashes, but not for spins. somehow many of my loops on other spins went to the net, and I did not understand the reason.

I will try it again, but if I compare it to my first experience with Quad 480 max...............it loses in evry parameter.
I hope the durability will surprise me
Smile 
I dont know why people say it is spinier. I did not feel it at all
But i will try again
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 6:35pm

(somebody said me you should wait some half a week after you glue the Plasma.

Let's wait - next time I play only the day after tomorrow - it should be enough
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2007 at 7:39pm
Hm

I am starting to feel the rubber.
Here is my review: on plasma 470 max
Very fast - like bryce or more(especially on strokes)
Not good control  - (so capability to play good flip going down)
Spin is very strong but .... the throwing angle is low comparing even to
bryce, and much lower than in QUAD 480.
From this follow:
Very good with spin on ragular shot(not on chop)
This rubber is very good with spin on spin, especially from the middle or far from the table.
It is not so good performance of looping from the table(and i use it a lot) ,because of very long and low spin angle.

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2007 at 7:42pm
but if you prefer to wait untill your partner begin to attack you - you feel very comfortable to kill his attack with your own.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2007 at 5:43am

Finally

I can say that I become used to it - I can controll it now. And I like the rubber. I like it still less than Quad 480, but it's durability is much longer, so I think that i will proceed with this one for a while
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic