Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which DHS Rubber is the best? Why?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [17.65%]
17 [50.00%]
1 [2.94%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.94%]
1 [2.94%]
2 [5.88%]
5 [14.71%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.94%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Rubbers
    Posted: 03/26/2007 at 6:43pm
Which one do you like best and why?
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 6:48pm
I am choosing the G666 because it has good control, good speed, excellent spin, great feel, and not as sticky as the H series. It also weighs less than the H series. I had trouble controlling the H2, and the H3 seemed too heavy. The Dipper has great control and blocked well, but I haven't decided if it's fast enough for attack loops. I haven't tried the TG Series.
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 7:15pm
I chose the TG3 which i am currently using and its very good for my style of play (3rd ball attack) and loops drives are good, short game is easy, and serves are effective. Control is great overall, but im thinking of putting more EE2 on it next time to see how much more speed and spin i can get. 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 12:20am
define "best" and maybe u'll get a decent answer =)
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 12:52am
Originally posted by shij421 shij421 wrote:

define "best" and maybe u'll get a decent answer =)

You beat me to it!

Yes, especially having both pimples and inverted in there, makes me wonder what the purpose is of such a poll... Still, I voted if it helpsBig%20smile
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 2:03am
I have been using H3 on both sides for over a year.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by wfwfitz wfwfitz wrote:

I have been using H3 on both sides for over a year.

Do you have any control issues with the H3?
Do you find weight a problem, especially with 2 on the bat?

I switched to G666 because of those 2 issues . . . still hopeful to find something even better. I want to try the Skyline TG3.
Miguel_ View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miguel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 1:31pm
i like h3 so my vote goes to h3..but i also like c7....but not a much lol
blade:Donic Person Power Carbon
FH:Donic Vario Soft
BH:Sriver fx
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 1:52pm
i had a lot of unhappy moments with the H3, but i think i would prefer H2 over it.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 4:30pm
I didn't have much control with H2 or H3, but I am not a typical looper. I do a lot of blocking, pushing, and smashing. I found myself going long or into the net too often and had trouble with location in general. It was fun using the H series when I backed off the table and simply rallied. But, I needed and continue to need a rubber with more control. Ironically, after a week or so I got used to the C7. I still have very little control, but my opponents have less control. I am going with a G666 on my primary side and either Dr. Evil or a LP on the other. Still, I'm hopeful that one of these other DHS rubbers will step up. Otherwise, it's Dawei.

cheesyfromage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesyfromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 11:42pm
I've only used H3 , Optimum MP, and G666 for my forehand ever.....ez winner here..
blade = LKT
rubbers = tango + optimum
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 11:50pm
Cheesy,
Which rubber do you prefer . . . H3 or G666 and why?
TZ
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2007 at 11:57pm
Yogi,
I noticed you use an H2, but said, "both skylines have better control than the 2 hurricanes and the speed isnt that marginally large either." I'm curious why you don't switch to the Skylines?? I was using H2, but didn't have enough control, switched to G666 and like it, but wonder if the Skylines are even better. Any thoughts???
Tommyzai
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 12:21am
the thing about the skylines are that they arent as tacky as the hurricanes or so i heard (ive never used the hurricanes). But using the TG3 on the balsacarbo x5 with EE2 i find that i can take big strokes at the ball and still keep it on the table, and the control is precise, its just where i want it go. Basically the TG3 benefits the style of quick attack/ third ball attack and loop drive/smash. Just remember that when u r the given the chance to loop kill really LOOP TO KILL. 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
peter View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 12:57am
TG3 has very good control,easy to block and loop h3 has less control but more power.
Tenor
masterbuten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterbuten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 1:02am
funny, the reviews are totally contradictory to what i've experienced with h3 and tg3 on a tbs (fh).

i found the tg3 to have a higher throw and softer topsheet than the h3
the h3 also had more control and was also easier to block and counter drive with

does anyone agree with this?
Stiga OC CR
FH DHS TG2
BH DHS TG3
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 1:34am
well for me i found the tg3 to have a low throw angle for sum reason, most of my loops, loop drives are close to the net. 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 1:35am
Can we agree that the TGs are lighter?
That's one consideration for me and others.

The TG2 claims to be control+spin
The TG3 claims to be control+speed

The concept of the TGs was to be like the Hurricane's, but with more control and feel. Did they succeed?

The write ups of the TGs and specs seem so similiar to the G666, which I am using. I wonder how different the TG/H/G really are????
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 2:24am
tommy, i used the skyline 3 b4 as my forehand rubber but then it kinda lacked power compared to my dhs h2.. i dont have any problems controlling h2 even in my tube aluminum.. the only thing that i like with skyline 3 is that its lighter and very bouncy cmpared to h2 but i found out i play better with h2 compared to skyline 3.. just a matter of preference perhaps
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 2:40am
Thanks Yogi!!!!! I tried to send you a private message, but it said you were filled up!!

I just won a bid for 2 Skylines. I have to decide which to get . . .
two TG1 or two TG2 or 1 of each. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

What should I do? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 3:03am

well if you're backhand isnt that great in terms of control choose sky 2 for the bh and sky 3 for your fh.. toher wise choose both sky 3 both sides

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 3:04am
my inbox is cleared now

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 8:53am
The highest quality rubber I've seen from dhs was actually the dipper. I had trouble selling it though. It was non tacky, pretty, and quite quick.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
bordtennisfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bordtennisfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 12:16pm
I'm using H3 blue sponge, but have just order H2 blue sponge... Anyone can tell me somthing about the rubber?
BTY: M.MAZE
     G2 FX
     Sriver FX
No
GLUE
!!!
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 12:47pm
i was wondering, between h2 and h3, which one is more tacky?
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 1:52pm
It's interesting Cole mentioned the Dipper! That was actually my favorite too, but I'm embarrassed to admit I abandoned it based on the fact that virtually nobody else uses it. I guess I thought there must be a reason why it hasn't become popular so why should I get heavily into it. I will say this . . . the Dipper has great control and feel, soft sponge, grippy, but not sticky topsheet. Hey Cole, do you have any Dippers left in Red? :-).
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 2:24pm
I have a fairly new H2 and H3 on my desk. I think the H3 is stickier. I drop a TT ball on it and it's a stronger flypaper, but i've heard DHS rubbers are not the most consistent . . . varying a bit between sheets. 
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 2:31pm
haha, thanks tommy, flypaper huh?  quite the nice comparison
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 2:36pm
Well, it's almost the same as catching flies . . . right? It's funny, some players want it as sticky as possible and other see that as bad. i guess it depends on style and what you're trying to do with the ball. There's a player at my club that has wicked serves with an H3 . . . so much so that even advanced players can get aced a few times per game. If something even more like flypaper comes out he will jump all over it . . . or maybe he'll stick withe the H3. :-).
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 2:50pm
yeap, my dad would jump all over a flypaper, i probably would too, lol.  trying the mechanical looping style now, but sometimes i miss my old graze loop style with a flypaperCry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic