Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

help on wood blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help on wood blade
    Posted: 04/01/2007 at 12:50am
Need advice on wood blade. Now using Bty Primo Vitesse( carbon composite), FH Innova max, BH Donic Sonnex JP soft. Want to find all wood blade weighing around 85 g with medium feel. Mostly hit trying to improve on loop. would nikkatu acoustic or violin good, Or Bty P Korbel? Any other choice?
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 3:33am
re: this subject alot 've been well discussed/written about it already. As far as I'm concerned, the carbon composite blades I've played w/ so far provided me w/more speed, more power but relatively less " FEEL" which is a very personal thing or subjective "TERRITORY" if that's the correct way to put it. So far, I still like the "feel" that I get while playing w/ blades like TBS, KLH Sp or to acertain extent MMaze. But after switching to PKorbel for a very short few months, I noticed that the "FEEL" I've experienced w/it is another "new dimension". I think u've to experience urself to know which's the best wooden blades, 5 ply? 7 plys? for u. Sure, PKorbel is less expensive n powerful than the rest of the carbon composite blades but to me it's more than adequate. I'm also toying nowadays w/blades like Avalox BT 555, OhSangEun, a bit each of the Optm. Plus n Sync..I still would rank PKorbel the best for my games, not that I'm a good player n can give u SOUND advice but this is the best "ANSWER" I can gather for u. Again, all these r my good O experience I wish to share w/ u all. Hope my humble BS-ing doesn't ridicule myself or make some of u laugh till u choke... n re: Acoustic or Violin which may b heavenly blades or may b CHRONOS can grace us w/ his input or experience w/it....Cheers n good nite!
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 5:19am
The Violin is a good investment if you're serious about playing, but you won't be able to appreciate it until a few years down the track. The Korbel is a solid blade, very strong at looping and has enough heft to use with those soft tensors that are going to be all the rage after next year.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 6:21am
Agreed, go for Violin. It took me about a month before I began to like it, and so far it is the best for me.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

kmh888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmh888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 4:00pm
Gatien Extra................. very safe, solid choice. quite cheap as well in comparison to the violin or nething like that...
Gatien Extra
FH: Hurricane Provincial
BH: Palio CJ800 Speed

Special thick glue
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by kmh888 kmh888 wrote:

Gatien Extra................. very safe, solid choice. quite cheap as well in comparison to the violin or nething like that...
Can you or tiehwan compare gatien extra and p korbel for me?? Hardness, speed and control?
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

re: this subject alot 've been said/written about it already. As far as I'm concerned, the carbon composite blades I've played w/ so far provided me w/more speed, more power but relatively less " FEEL" which is a very personal thing or subjective "TERRITORY" if that's the correct way to put it. So far, I still like the "feel" that I get while playing w/ blades like TBS, KLH Sp or to acertain extent MMaze. But after switching to PKorbel for a very short few months, I noticed that the "FEEL" I've experienced w/it is another "new dimension". I think u've to experience urself to know which's the best wooden blades, 5 ply? 7 plys? for u. Sure, PKorbel is less expensive n powerful than the rest of the carbon composite blades but to me it's more than adequate. I'm also toying nowadays w/blades like Avalox BT 555, OhSangEun, a bit each of the Optm. Plus n Sync..I still would rank PKorbel the best for my games, not that I'm a good player n can give u SOUND advice but this is the best "ANSWER" I can gather for u. Again, all these r my good O experience I wish to share w/ u all. Hope my humble BS-ing doesn't ridicule myself or make some of u laugh till u choke... n re: Acoustic or Violin which may b heavenly blades or may b CHRONOS can grace us w/ his input or experience w/it....Cheers n good nite!

I am using the vitesse you sold me. Liked it a lot. recently tried DHS Hrricane-WL, seems to have more feel. That's why considering a wood blade. Hurricane-WL too heavy for long play. Have you played Gatien Extra-how do they compare?
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 8:38pm
I got no clue/idea about G.E. May b a guy called MasterPong can tell us a bit...
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 10:35pm
Good for looping and the feel is nice for the price, vibrates when you doing hitting of any kind.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Good for looping and the feel is nice for the price, vibrates when you doing hitting of any kind.
which blade are you referring to?
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2007 at 11:01pm
gatien extra
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic