Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which handle type is the most popular to PROs ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which handle type is the most popular to PROs ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which handle type is the most popular to PROs ?
    Posted: 04/14/2007 at 5:03pm
Boll uses Straight handle , what about the other top players?
I think the straight handle is the most flexible , you can change grips more easily , from forehand to backhand etc.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Sponsored Links

fs-2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fs-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 5:35pm
they say 50 % of the players use straight ..i personally like straight more,more comfortable.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 6:51pm
i think that if you could really see what everyoe is playing that it would be close to the percentages of what you see people playing at your local club with the more part playing flared handles
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 11:55pm
Yeah, it seems that more and more of the top players are using flared handles vs. the traditional straight one.  All defenders pretty much use straight to twiddle, so this would drive the ratio toward st.
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 12:01am
It looks like they are mainly using straight or flared, i dont recall ever seeing a pro use anatomic. in the 90'2 pros were using conic quite often (saive, waldner, persson). but blades available with conic handles are few and far between nowadays.
Blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D

FH: Mendo MP

BH: Sriver EL
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 1:52am
I'm not exactly sure but I would have to guess flared.  It seems to be the most popular type.  The type I've always used also.
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 1:53am
I know that choppers/defensive players tend to play with straight handle ... why? I dont know... perhaps because its somewhat easier to twiddle... as for attackers im really not sure i guess its their own personal preference
わが青春に悔なし
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Pip Master Pip Master wrote:

It looks like they are mainly using straight or flared, i dont recall ever seeing a pro use anatomic. in the 90'2 pros were using conic quite often (saive, waldner, persson). but blades available with conic handles are few and far between nowadays.
True ! I remember my beloved stiga Erik Lindh conical handle. The best handle I've ever had. I think Petr Korbel us to be made in conic too, but it's discontinued. Tibhar IV L/S too !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 3:51am
Usually Straight and flared yes, I currently prefer flared handles..they're just more comfortable and you've got a lot more grip.
fadli View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 4:32am
euro player like to use straight handle wherelse the chinese like to use flared/anatomic handle. Maybe there is a reason behind this.
Blade : Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D & Stiga Optimum SYNC
FH : Hurricane 3 / Skyline 3
BH : Sriver EL
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 5:25am
The Chinese players like flared handles, but most of the pros use straight. 
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 7:04pm
RPB!!!  lol, jk, it would seem hard to determine between straight or flared, but i think flared inches out over straight just a wee bit among offensive players
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
tavares15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tavares15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 9:23pm
Hello...iam new in this forum and I dont speak english very well...lol.....

Iam from Austria, my name is Michael Pichler.....Iam in Austria team and TSP sponsor me....

I used to train with Chen Weixing....he uses Fl cable......so Joo se Hyuk (I player with him last year)
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 2:37am
 It's nice to have such players in this forum.
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 9:38am
Originally posted by tavares15 tavares15 wrote:

Hello...iam new in this forum and I dont speak english very well...lol.....

Iam from Austria, my name is Michael Pichler.....Iam in Austria team and TSP sponsor me....

I used to train with Chen Weixing....he uses Fl cable......so Joo se Hyuk (I player with him last year)

Nice to have you.  Welcome to the forum.   Smile
paulmac173 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmac173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 12:09pm
Does anyone know if kreanga uses straight or flared
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 12:13pm
Kreanga uses ST.  I saw his blade when he came to Chicago last year.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 2:02pm
Right , Kreanga uses ST. The last months uses Bryce FX and not Bryce as many might  think. 
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 2:29pm
Interesting.  I wonder why the switch to FX?
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 3:04pm
LIEBHERR Brazilian Open

PICHLER Michael   AUT M 369

not bad :)

anyways I use straight as well, I find it easier to adjust my grip with it.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmac173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 4:20pm
anyone know why more of the pros are beginning to use flared or why most chinese use it??
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmac173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 4:27pm
Anyone know if Ma lin Wang Liqin and Samsonov use flared or straight
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 5:01pm
wang uses flared and ma lin is cpen.  i believe samsonov uses st.
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 11:17pm
how you hold the bat decides what gripi think players that use backhand more tend to go with straight grip.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmac173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2007 at 10:14am
thanx
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2007 at 5:27pm
samsonov may use straight but i know that he puts a rubber band or something in the middle of the handle so it could be considered anatomical
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic