FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

skyline 2 review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skyline 2 review
    Posted: 04/18/2007 at 10:45pm
well, i am still testing this rubber out and i think the rubber has better control than H3. the rubber is not fast at all, so if you are looking for something speedy then you should definitely stay away from this. Skyline is just like any other chinese rubbers, so you still need a bigger swing when you loop. feel free to share your feelings about this rubber.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
Sponsored Links

reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 11:04pm
what it seems to me so far, is that most of the fast rubbers have soft sponges.  since you said that tg2 is not fast, is it ok to assume that its sponge is relatively hard?  if it is, is it relatively easy to graze loop with?  last question:  where did you get the tg2?
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 11:32pm
not sure about the softness, but the sponge is less harder than H3. yes, it is easier to graze the ball and i think that is true for most chinese rubbers. i got the rubber from Hi-Qua. if you are seeking for more control and consistency in your loops, then you should give this rubber a try.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 11:37pm
to tell you the truth, i don't think the hardness is any different from H3.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 11:41pm
skyline has a pretty good speed glue effect. it's like playing sriver with speed glue.

reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 12:03am
holy... hi-qua's prices on rubbers are so much cheaper than pingpong.com, and it's a lot closer, if they do shipping, the orders will arrive a lot sooner...  man... now i feel so ripped off by ordering from pingpong.com.  back to the rubber... my 729 faster 3 has a medium soft sponge, and it is pretty hard to graze loop with it.  i've been trying with my friend's tg2 and it definitely feel like it suits my style, but my dad who tried tg3 says tg3 has a higher throw, so i'm a little tempted by that as well.
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 12:10am
one more question:  is hi-qua just an online retailer or both a local and online retailer?
voyager95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voyager95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 12:35am
Originally posted by reachie85 reachie85 wrote:

one more question:  is hi-qua just an online retailer or both a local and online retailer?

Hi-Qua is both an online and local retailer, very close to Diamond Bar, LA.
Blade : Stiga OC CR
FH : Hurricane 3
BH : Bryce
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 12:37am
sweet, thanks a lot
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 3:04am
Originally posted by O! Ju Qian O! Ju Qian wrote:

so you still need a bigger swing when you loop.

Well I dont understand what u mean by big swing...its that skyline needs  make big swing to make the loops...Im using the DHS H3 Provicial on Nittaku Rorin.
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
dragoncat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoncat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 6:26am
Originally posted by O! Ju Qian O! Ju Qian wrote:

skyline has a pretty good speed glue effect. it's like playing sriver with speed glue.

Hi. So do you mean for skyline TG2 and TG3, you don't need to speed glue? And does anyone know about the durability for TG2 and TG3?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 8:12am
skyline 2 is softer than hurricane 3.. if hurricane 3 is about 47 degrees hardness skyline 2 is 44-45
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 9:01am
Actually, I've had both at the same time. They both use the exact same sponge which is dhs #20 supposedly 39deg but realistically more like 42. There may be a difference in topsheet hardness, but it looked to me like they just thinned out the h3 a bit and made it a little less tacky. I would guess it to compare closely to g666.

Given the trainwreck of sponge grades that is dhs' product line, I wouldn't be suprised if 5 different people came on and gave us 5 completely different takes on which is harder. Both the sponges I had are the new ones with the computer generated dot-matrix stamp. Not the old rolling stamp.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 12:34pm

This is off topic but does any of you know why is iruiru selling skyline for almost 4k yen. Is theirs any different from commercial skyline?

わが青春に悔なし
spinny spin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinny spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 12:55pm
I also get this rubber it is fantastic!!!!
cheap as well
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 4:35pm
skyline 3 is actually much better it is softer and more playable in my opinion
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by creeder06 creeder06 wrote:

skyline 3 is actually much better it is softer and more playable in my opinion

I feel the same way.  H3 is harder to control.  However if you can master the beast, it gives out much more powerful performance.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 9:50pm
i have never been able to get H3 to get playable and i am a pretty strong player and could never get much out of it i think of h2-h3 i like h2 better.  i kinda want to try the nitakku versions of these rubbers and see if there is a difference
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 10:10pm
i prefer skyline 3 over skyline 2 its much nearer to hurricane 2 in terms of playing characteristics.. i agree with cole, i have tried a few skyline 2's and the hardness have a sort of variation
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 10:37pm
i currently use the skyline 3 with EE2 and although it is my first chinese rubber, i am very pleased with my choice. Ive read alot about the hurricanes and heard about the inconsistencies, therefore i just chose to buy the skyline because the play like the hurricanes. So far ive had the rubber for 2 months and it suits my game perfectly. 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 12:38am
alright, i just came back from the club after trying out skyline 2.  i was not really used to it at first, so i ended hitting the net like almost half the time.  i haven't played for a week so i needed to warm up longer than usual.  this rubber is meant for control, so your shots will hit the table most of the time for any stroke you do. i am impressed that whenever i do a high loop (by accident), the ball will land on the table safely.  i can also do a high loop with 999, but not as consistent.  it played well with three layers of speed glue.  i had no trouble mid distance and i felt comfortable looping away from the table.  it's pretty good for lobbing too cause i managed to outbeat my opponent with my loops a couple of times.  this rubber is great for hitting, blocking, and counter attacking.

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 12:44am
Many have told me the the TG2 is like the H3, but with more control and a little slower, and the TG3 is like the H2, but with more control and a little slower. I used the TG2 last weekend and played well with it. I normally use the G-666 and Cole is right! So far I can't see or feel the difference. I'll do a more careful comparison this Saturday and give my report. My brother-in-law is sending me an H3 Provincial. I'm curious to see how that one plays in comparison.
H2 didn't work for me. Too heavy. Not enough control.
TG3? Don't know.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 1:50am
skyline does not have the same pips structure as h3

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 5:48pm
After 3 hours of play I have determined that I like Skyline TG2 VERY much. I'm on the table more. I have more control than the Hurricanes and even more control than the G666. I haven't tried the TG3, but I don't need to. My serves have become almost un-returnable so I'm not gonna change anytime soon.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 1:23am
yea it's an ok rubber. more consistent than H3. it only took me a day or so to get used to it. my shots don't touch the net anymore.

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 2:02am
I'm liking it a lot, but I worry it's a product line that will be eliminated. It's a hybrid and who knows . . . :-).
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 7:35am
Initially I did not like the TG3, untill I treated it heavilly with EEII.The consitency  improved,it is faster now and the general feeling became much better.Since then I use it on my spare blade as a FH rubber.TG2 is another story-I liked it from the beggining.Very tacky,the spin is enormous(very confusing for the oponent), the speed is not bad for a BH,very durable (heavy though)I played for a long time with G888 and I find theTG2 quite similar
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2007 at 9:34pm
The TG2 is super. My shots seem to stay on the table a lot more than they used to. I've peeled off my g666s and glued on the TG2s.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2007 at 6:39am
if you feel you're good with it then stick with it.. other people's preferences may not be good for you.. equipment usage is always subjective

loopie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 10:16pm
I have used 3 sheets of Skyline3 and find them very hard, I like H2 better...
Yasaka Malin Carbon
FH: H3
BH: Bryce FX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic