FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best Chinese Sponge ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pimple Lover View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pimple Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Chinese Sponge ?
    Posted: 04/23/2007 at 10:43am

Any idea ? There are a lot of sponge from Chinese brand now. Which one is best of the best ?

Pimple Lover

www.pimplelover.pantown.com
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 11:03am
We've talked about this in private, but I want to answer it publicly. There is no such thing as a "best" anything. Only things that fit certain styles of game. If you define best as most comparable to japanese/euro quality I believe the dawei sponges are hands down the best. I also like some bomb and palio sponges, although they are SAID to be made in japan. I have my doubts.

In chinese style for serve/push/hit, I like the magic red sponge (when it's not too hard) and the dhs #20/22. The latter seems better when you buy the sponges seperately.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 12:35pm
i have only tried dhs friandship and globe, i enjoyed playing with hurricane 3 and 999t, the particular friendship sheet i tried i didnt like, but friendship has an outrageous number of rubber sheets available, at least 50
Blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D

FH: Mendo MP

BH: Sriver EL
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 2:37pm
the saviga sponge is simply amazing !!
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
slaplink_pat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaplink_pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 10:55pm
I have many MRS sponges coz they are great(at least for me) and I also have a DHS #20 for my backhand and if you want a sponge for gluing try the HRS 2.4mm(tried it with 4 layers of glue and got lots of speed with my Globe 999)...
Blade: Xiom AZX
FH: Xiom Omega VII China Guang
BH: DHS PF4

Blade: Donic Alligator Combi
FH: TIbhar MXP
BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 10:56pm

fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Swiffers Swiffers wrote:

what he said
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 11:57pm
LOL  "No comment". 
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 7:51pm
Without a doubt the Dawei Saviga sopnge is heads and shoulders above the other Chinese sponges.  I would guess the Bomb sponges are Japanese made simply when you look at the price tag.  With a couple layers of glue and possibly EEII the Bomb sponges are really peppy.  I played Cream on a soft 43 deg Bomb sponge that was treated with EEII, and it was pretty impressive.  I haven't played Saviga glued or treated with EEII, but I bet it's pretty solid too.  Unglued just pick the hardness that you want and Saviga will suit your needs.
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 10:47pm
I have on my BH Cream on Saviga 45 2.2 . The control is where this rubber shines.Very easy to loop with(low throw),exellent block, very good to smash,medium speed.Rather heavy(52gr) After two layers of EEII became faster, but the spin did not change though.Great combination.Thanks, Cole !
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 11:54pm
My favorite traditional chinese sponge is dhs 20.the only problem is it is not always consistent .
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 7:59am
Cole what's the current batch of Cream MRS like?  Is the sponge not too hard?  Does it still soften up nicely after a few gluings?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 8:54am
I'd say what I have now is around 43. For me, I would have to glue it several times and break it in a bit to play with it competitively.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 2:02pm

cole what would you attach under 802-40 to get a loud cork and great speed?. and recomend me a lite combination for my rpb bh sheet
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 2:53pm
I would use the 388b-1 just because it's exactly the same topsheet but I can sell it for $10. I have it make on a 1.8mm 35deg saviga sponge which is the corkiest sponge I've ever carried.

You could go to something like 802-40 on 2.0 saviga sponge, but you're loosing a lot of touch if you get over 1.8 on short pips.

lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 7:10am
Saviga 1,8mm in 35 dgr, is the best chinese sponge for short pips, if the short pip surface is tricky as Double Fish 820A. If you use two layers of fresh glue then the ball tends to go down.
If you play with 388b-1 or 802-40  then maybe you need Saviga or Canon in 1,8mm in 38-40 dgr. But allways 1,8mm.
e-pingpongshop
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Pimple Lover Pimple Lover wrote:

Any idea ? There are a lot of sponge from Chinese brand now. Which one is best of the best ?

I think the dawei cannon, bomb red demon sponge (used in the SHENFENG rubber), Blue reactor sponge(used under the h3 national version/Reactor Tornado), tulpe sponge, Palio Extrem spin (purple colour). These are some of the nice sponges that i have tried.Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic