Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How many of you use MarkV?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many of you use MarkV?
    Posted: 04/23/2007 at 4:45pm
hey.. just wanted to know..

i find my self playing the best forehand loops when using MarkV... return of serves and chopping to be better too..  seems to me that the popular MarkV is still the number one choice for me..

and i wanted to know if others agree..

when it is tourney time.. and when 1-2 points are needed.. i trust turning the corner and ripping an inside out low serve return with MarkV.. and other rubbers i just dont' have that  Confidence to do that...

your thoughts? 

phamster
Sponsored Links

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 7:14pm
It's all in your mind.

Also, I use Mark V too, but not for the same reasons as you.
Potato Face
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 8:15pm
I use markv.. it's a very nice all around rubber.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 8:21pm
some 9 years ago i played with 2x mark v on stiga masters blade... twas good stuff...
わが青春に悔なし
forehandsmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandsmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 9:37pm
I have considered MarkV, but took Sriver instead
Petr Korbel-FL/Sriver/狂飚 III
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 10:10pm
I use Mark V too, the best rubber for me, most balanced...

but I have to say... It lasts just 1 month with me playing 4 days a week..

I'm already looking for another rubber... maybe Nittaku Waldner...
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
phamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

I use Mark V too, the best rubber for me, most balanced...

but I have to say... It lasts just 1 month with me playing 4 days a week..

I'm already looking for another rubber... maybe Nittaku Waldner...

you must glue and when you glue, it makes the rubber just a little weaker...

i am the same.. i have a new sheet on my FH side and just in 3 days..i can see the shiny dimples already shinny thru on the top side..

don't know why but it think it is just not durable rubber.. plus i use speed glue every time i play..

i guess 30 bucks a month isn't such a bad habit... shoot..people who smoke and drink blow that in 2 days.. maybe just one day...if they are a heavy drinker.. LOL..

yea.. i got to find a cheaper solution.. but i always go back to MarkV orginal..

phamster
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 6:03am
I find Mark-V very good only when it is brand new and for one month. The same thing with Sriver-FX.  Later , they become very soft and extremely uncontrollable during tournaments. 
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 7:50am
used mark v for 10 yrs but then got better rubbers.. still the best all around classic rubber for me though
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Kennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 10:35am
i have used mark v for both forehand and backhand for many years, also mark v gps, its a little bit softer and has more feeling. mark v is still the best, the balance between speed, control and spin, is great. now i use yasaka fusion on fh, because its faster but i think i�ll go back to mark v on both sides in one year, when the new glue rules are coming
Blade: YASAKA Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Fh: YASAKA PRYDE
Bh: YASAKA Xtend HS
phamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Kennie Kennie wrote:

i have used mark v for both forehand and backhand for many years, also mark v gps, its a little bit softer and has more feeling. mark v is still the best, the balance between speed, control and spin, is great. now i use yasaka fusion on fh, because its faster but i think i�ll go back to mark v on both sides in one year, when the new glue rules are coming

are you having the durablity problems mention above?  playing about 4 times a week, and doing so for a month will leave the MarkV sheet completely dead...

phamster
Kennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 12:39pm
actually i always change rubber after a month, training 8-10 times per week. but i do so with all rubbers ive used, i think mark v is as durable as other rubbers, for me its better, because with other rubbers i easily get cracks in the rubber, with mark v this never happens and i dont have problem with sheets wearing out, mark v is perfect for me 
Blade: YASAKA Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Fh: YASAKA PRYDE
Bh: YASAKA Xtend HS
priior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 3:20pm
ive used mark V gps forever (i like soft rubbers) never glued tho...

recently i changed to the plasma 430/470... trying it out to see if it's worth the switch.
priior
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 9:10pm
mark v can only last about 4-5 months for me i play 6x a wk but i clean and take care of the rubber well but still the rubber dies fast.. if i don't clean it and always wipe sweat on it it only lasts about a month
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
phamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

mark v can only last about 4-5 months for me i play 6x a wk but i clean and take care of the rubber well but still the rubber dies fast.. if i don't clean it and always wipe sweat on it it only lasts about a month

OMgosh... that is great.. 4-5 months is like an eternity for me.. LOL...

that is just plain awesome... i am lucky to get 1 and 1/2 months out of my rubbers..

i just need a cheaper option... but really 30 bucks isn't going to break the bank..

i ordered the EE2 expander, and wonder if the efects will be nice on the MARKV..

but also i wonder if the i don't speed glue the sheet of MarkV.. and just use the EE2, i would get better life out of it..

i know the speed glue has an effect on how long a rubber lasts.. kills it fast.. but it feels so good...

i will report back in one month..

Phamster

Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 4:10am
MarkV was very good rubbers especially when glued up, but the rubber died after a few weeks. Plus it was never used by decent players after the introduction of the MarkM2. Theres so many other rubber that you can get that plays better than the MarkV.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic