Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seeking opinion on Galaxy blades W1, W6, K series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Seeking opinion on Galaxy blades W1, W6, K series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking opinion on Galaxy blades W1, W6, K series
    Posted: 04/24/2007 at 10:14am
I decided to get an alternative/backup blade and looking for opinions on some Galaxy Yinhe offerings.

I'm mostly interested in W1, K5 and W6 which Cole carries. Are there any real users out there?

On one hand I'd like to try something in the OFF- to OFF range with good topspin looping capabilities, flexy, which brings w6 to my mind. It may also improve my game. But now that I have Acoustic, I feel worried that I may find W6 too slow. Acoustic is really something unique, with amazing speed close to table but when mid distance from table, feels it's not suitable for that kind of play.

On the other hand, good quality composite blades with higher speed W1, K5 really gets my attention and wakes up the dark side :). They are generally more enjoyable to play when couple of meters away from the table, which I quite like.

Anyway as you see, my opinion have not completely matured yet on what I expect from a blade, but after trying different setups it starts to make sense bit by bit.

Thanks in Advance
Emre

Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Sponsored Links

loopdaddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 10:49am
W1 is my main blade. It seems to be fairly high quality (workmanship) and feel (touch), and is about the same speed as the TBS, but slightly heavier. Nice sound and not very flexible. I love the (flared) handle and the look. very little vibration and plenty of power. A very solid blade.
I've found myself a good ways back from the table with this blade and never worried about the power needed to smash from farther back.
I've never used the K5 or W6 so I can't comment on them, but maybe Cole could give you some details in them.
You can't go wrong with the W1.
More spin less talk.
*Galaxy W1       
*H2
*Sriver EL

Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 3:37am
Although I haven't used the W1, I have tried other yin-he blades.
Such as: S2, U4, T4, T2, T1.

These blades had very good or even better quality, and looked very similar to that of other table tennis companies.
Such as that to the yin-he U4, looks and plays like the offensive CR

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 9:05am
Although I haven't tried the K5 or K6; I do own a K4, which is a high quality blade.

On a thread from March last year, rx2000je wrote :

I just played with my K4 that is similar to the TBS which I also have. and I have to say it is an excellent blade very very similar to my TBS. I put the same setup on both blades and could not really tell a difference. the only thing was the K4 was a tad bit heavier than the TBS. overall i recommend it as a backup for the expensive TBS or as a cheaper version. you can get it for around $43 compared to TBS around $95

My K4 is fitted with 2mm Innova Premium and it's a bat that i rate highly and is well suited to my game.

It's a blade I would recommend to an attacking player.

The K5 is said to be like the Viscaria and the K6 like the Michael Maze. I've no doubt the K5 and K6 are blades worth trying as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic