Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should Inspirit Quattro Have Film?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should Inspirit Quattro Have Film?
    Posted: 04/25/2007 at 8:48am
I just noticed that they've made a major change in focus3 that to me marks in milestone in the evolution of Chinese rubbers. They've done away with the plastic film and left the outer ply dry and covered it with only a piece of tracing paper. That's the standard for japanese rubbers like sriver, etc. For some reason it leaves the surface prettier and seemingly less prone to being marred. However, I did notice they left some sort of dust on it like a baker might leave dry flour on dough. But when you wipe that off the effect was very much like a grippy sriver.

So I was talking to the dawei guy last night and I suggested that we consider that for the new inspirit quattro. I was hoping to get some feedback on the idea. Would that be a mistake?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Sponsored Links

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 9:03am
I like it better without the film ,but you know some people will forget to wipe off the powder and complain or with some glues or expanders if you get them on the top sheet they ruin it and then they will complain.As for me i see no reason to have the film on inspirits top sheet
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 1:34pm
i hate peeling that film off the inspirit. my friend got some new focus 3's and the surface was definitely very-sriver like. it may be something to try
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 3:31pm
If the quattro is a tensor, though, shouldn't it come with a film?  All the tensors I have used have come with a protective foil and have said in the packaging that not using the foil would damage the rubber.  Or was that bullsh*t?
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 4:05pm
i am not sure if it makes a difference but hey try it and see maybe it will
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 4:14pm
Desto doesn't use a film does it? I know highpoint doesnt. Its been a long time but I don't think catapult did. I have a new sheet of red mambo sitting around here and it doesnt. To be honest the actual "tension" of those rubbers is next to nil. For one thing, they aren't curling out of the package.

When 729 first started making fxel it was going to be a tensor rubber. The real kind with the topsheet stretched. They found that any stretch at all and the tops became very fragile. The figured the softer euro/jap topsheets should be even moreso. So they went and bought like 30 different tensor rubbers on the open market.

They removed each topsheet from the sponge. The idea was to see how much the topsheet shrunk. In theory if it's tensioned they should get an idea how much by looking at how much smaller the topsheet is than the sponge. I guess they didn't find any difference in any of the rubbers.

I think the good glue effect rubbers simply have very high quality sponges with a lot of whatever synthetic that is that creates the cork sound and very thin, soft topsheets that allow the ball to sink in a long way.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 4:28pm
Tango didn't come with any film.  Just a piece of paper tissue like thingie.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 4:47pm
go with the paper cole i think it is worth a shot
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 9:22pm
All my Tangos came with films, and a couple of the other Formula Donic tensors did also (I never bought Desto).  Probably just bullsh*t, I guess.
forehandsmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandsmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2007 at 2:54am
Must we put the film or Rubber protection sheet for SRIVER ?
Petr Korbel-FL/Sriver/狂飚 III
forehandchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2007 at 3:51am

forehandsmash, I can see you have change your blade to Peter Korbel with sriver and hurricane3... I want to say that you have an excellent combination :) Who help you to come out with this set up ?

You dont need to put any film on the rubbers. Just keep your blade in a case and keep the surface clean.

Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2007 at 10:11pm
I dont know that it will make any difference in any way.  I think their biggest concern should be to stop teasing everyone with this product and get it out on the market for everyone to enjoy.  Maybe when they get these made they can decide then how to package.
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2007 at 5:41am
I prefer the plastic sheets on. I might stop it from drying out or any other exposure to thetopsheet. It's also a lot safer when gluing the rubber to the blade, as if you get any glue onto the topsheet, it's easily wiped with with a plastic film on there...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic