Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GLOBE999: rEGULAR(CHINESE)/jAPNESE SPONGE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GLOBE999: rEGULAR(CHINESE)/jAPNESE SPONGE
    Posted: 04/25/2007 at 1:51pm
need some more info: for short, what are the difference between the 3.... namely Globe999 the regular chinese sponge, japanese sponge , national version (orange sponge),,, whoever out there who has been a loyal globe999 user who have expierence all three, and which one would you prefer and why?

Thx in advanced
Sponsored Links

minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 3:35pm
bump!
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2007 at 9:47pm
Original sponge is hard, and not very springy.  I wouldn't reccomend it.  Japanese rubber is medium hardness somewhere in the 42-45 deg hardness.  It's a pretty good sponge, but Cole can easily get you a far better sponge for basically the same cost.  The National rubber is supposed to be 38 degrees from what I remember.  The orange sponge on the red top was as advertised from what I remember, and the blue sponge on the black one was advertised at 38 degrees too, but it was rock freaking hard.  The black on blue needs glue.  The red on orange is pretty good.  The Globe 999t on Saviga sponge is really nice.  Globe 999 on Jap sponge is good just needs a few layers of glue before sticking it to blade to soften it up.  EEII probably wouldn't be a waste of time on the jap sponge.  Globe 999 on traditional sponge requires speed glue.  I dont even know if EEII would do it, and even after the speed glue it wont be fast but at least it will be spinny.
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2007 at 6:36am
tried all 3.. globe 999 regular chinese white sponge that i have tried was soft about 40 degrees very sticky compared to the jap version and national version.. the jap versio nthat i have tried was a bit faster and bouncier than the regular one and lighter.. the national version black rubber with blue sponge was quite disappointing on its weight because it was very heavy in fact about 5 grams heavier than dhs hurricane 2/3.. the good thing about it though is that the topsheet has a very consistent and nice quality compared to the first 2 and its not so sticky giving less reactions to spin compare to the jap and regular versions
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2007 at 10:32am
thx a whole lot dudes,
i have just ordered a few national version to try, thats why i was asking, im using japanese sponge right now, feels really good already, i have tried them with jsut glue sheet, and speed glue and now im trying them with ee II, cant wait to get those national version. hope i wont be dissapointed,,,,,

thanks alot again for the info
mozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by minicd minicd wrote:

thx a whole lot dudes,
i have just ordered a few national version to try, thats why i was asking, im using japanese sponge right now, feels really good already, i have tried them with jsut glue sheet, and speed glue and now im trying them with ee II, cant wait to get those national version. hope i wont be dissapointed,,,,,

Any joy?

How did you get on with your trials?

I'd be interested to hear what you found!
Blade 729 Carbon
FH TG2
BH BFY Super Anti

mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 6:37pm
where you ordered the rubbers from?
thanks in advance for replies
Originally posted by minicd minicd wrote:

thx a whole lot dudes,

Pejantan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pejantan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2007 at 7:31am
i've tried nat version with home made speed glue (gas base :D) and it lost its power, is 999 nat version need a spesific  speed glue?
FYI i use that home made speed glue for my sriver and H2...and it is working
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2007 at 11:23am
hmm maybe you put too much glue and the sponge became too soft and mushy? 2 layers of glue for the red and black would do i think
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2007 at 12:01pm
Having tried all 3 main types of Globe 999, I found the Jap sponge version the best. It was the lightest and fastest and it also seemed to have more feeling than the National versions. (glued of course)
Pejantan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pejantan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2007 at 8:40pm
@yogi: hahaha....maybe, i put 5 layer of speed glue, i think with its hard sponge i can make it softer, but unfortunately its gone bad :D .....yesterday i peel off the glue, maybe i'll try to put 2 layer of speed glue next time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic