Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

From Sriver FX to Refoma?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From Sriver FX to Refoma?
    Posted: 04/25/2007 at 9:43pm
I normally play a punch block/loop style thats close to the table for my backhand and wanted to try a different rubber. Ive heard that the Refoma was a great rubber and wondered if it would be wise to go from sriver FX 1.9 to refoma. 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
Sponsored Links

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 10:43pm
similar hardness (maybe a touch harder), faster.
Potato Face
Laohe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laohe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2007 at 12:19pm

Ma Long currently uses Refoma as his backhand rubber.  If you watch the 2007 Chinese team triail, you will see his backhand improved a lot. 

Laohe
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2007 at 9:40pm
I think Reforma is very impressive.  One of the biggest reasons I think it's one of the best rubbers out there is it's performance at any speed.  Alot of jap/euro rubbers I feel perform great at high speeds, but they lack alot in the punching, pushing, and chopping.  When someone trys to control you in a control game the Reforma is the best at being a very nice high control rubber all the way through at all speeds.  I wish it had a hair bit more tack just for serves but other than that it's a very very versatile rubber.  Does everything well. 
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2007 at 11:10pm
wow didnt know that Ma Long uses it, thx alot for the info guys and skippy for the review but do u guys know where i can get it for cheaper then 40 bucks? it costs that much at paddlepalace....
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2007 at 7:09pm
I got a sheet of used Black 2.2 if you want to test it out. I can trade it for another rubber. I wrote a detailed review for this one on Haggisv's site.

Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic