FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Sriver vs. Sriver G2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sidofmillenium View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sriver vs. Sriver G2
    Posted: 04/30/2007 at 10:43am
Which has more control? 

-Thx for the replies!
Sponsored Links

phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 10:50am
in my humble opinion, the g2fx has more control and just as much speed as G2, but the G2's harder sponge is better for fast loop drives and hits.  It's pretty decent with loops but not as spinny as the G2FX.  The topsheet is the same on both G2 and G2FX, the sponge is just slightly softer on the G2FX.

The only drawback to the G2 I felt was the lack of spin, it is easier to generate more spin with the G2FX. Should mention, G2 is pretty darn fast with speed glue, while G2FX seems just as fast, it has just a bit more control.
Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 3:34pm
I never tried sriver but I use G2 and I love it because I love the hard feeling. Without glue it's really hard, with glue it's a tad bit softer.
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 3:42pm
Sriver -> Sriver G2 fx  -> Sriver G2
わが青春に悔なし
pong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 4:02pm
normal sriver has a lot more control in blocking but less speed than G2. 
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 5:21pm

I agree with the fella above.  I felt a lack of spin.  A lack of tackiness in the Sriver G2.

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 11:18am
i own both and no for a fact that sriver l has alot mroe control isnt it kinda obvious less speed less spin would make it easier to stay on the table
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 6:48am
I used Sriver G2 for a long time and it is very great for backhand smashing, looping and everything. Sriver by the is slower and not as much control

DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 9:28am

ther is no way that g2 has more control are you searious?

Kreanga Aeros ST
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by IceDefence IceDefence wrote:

I used Sriver G2 for a long time and it is very great for backhand smashing, looping and everything. Sriver by the is slower and not as much control

you pretty much contradicted yourself when you said sriver is slower and not as much control
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 4:04pm
yea how can a faster rubber have better control?
Kreanga Aeros ST
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 6:36pm
I've tried both Sriver G2 and Sriver D13 L in BH and when I used the Sriver D13 L, all the ball didn't go over the f**king net.
But when I used the G2, the balls did always go over the net
DHS PG2-L

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 6:51pm
regular sriver has more control than G2.G2 is a little harder and still stays hard when glued.Sriver l comes too life a lot more when glued.If you want control go for sriver fx or sriver g2 fx but i find both these too soft for my taste.Personally in the sriver series i like sriver el the best.It is the middle ground for all the srivers.unglued it has good control and if you put enough glue on it i would say it is up there with bryce in terms of speed and spin.
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by IceDefence IceDefence wrote:

I've tried both Sriver G2 and Sriver D13 L in BH and when I used the Sriver D13 L, all the ball didn't go over the f**king net.
But when I used the G2, the balls did always go over the net

but answer this wich rubber where you curently used to
the only other way that this could hapen is that you have bad form so you are dipendent ont he glued up effect for your lack of form (ps we are all gentlemen here no nead for curseing)
Kreanga Aeros ST
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2007 at 4:54am
Maybe you are right but I have quit using G2 now and you can see my equipment if you can see my signature. Now I am going to use Almana Sound. It is going to replace Tackifire Drive because the Tackifire Drive is a little bit to heavy for me but I am going to keep for later on. I also have Tornado from Reactor that's a ok rubber but I am want much more speed in FH and the Almana Sound that I've tried is the best FH rubber that I've tried. Compared to the G2( because I've tried it both in BH and FH) Almana Sound is the best.
DHS PG2-L

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic