FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Petr korbel blade Made in Japan?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by forehandchop forehandchop wrote:

it has been a standard practice of Butterfly that lower quality products are sold to less table-tennis advanced countries, higher quality butterfly products are sold to table-tennis advanced countries...  and the best quality butterfly products are sold only in Japan.

You will notice butterfly products are cheaper in some countries. They are not sold cheap for no reasons,  they are cheaper because they are of lower quality.

So BEWARE... dont just buy because it is cheaper.

Lower quality products can effect your play... they can be erratic and they can interfere with your learning process.

This is just an advice, not to offend anyone... its up to you whether you believe or not. I have no personal gains, it is just information to share with all of you.

So far you have NOT provided any real proof about your claim (here or on other threads where you accused pingpongonline and other stores in Philippine selling substandard Butterfly goods).

You are NOT really giving any advice, but spreading rumors.
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 5:23pm
[/QUOTE]
So far you have NOT provided any real proof about your claim (here or on other threads where you accused pingpongonline and other stores in Philippine selling substandard Butterfly goods).

You are NOT really giving any advice, but spreading rumors.
[/QUOTE]
I'm NOT surprised that these forehands got this kinda response at all!
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 5:28pm
Yes, and Sunflex is right.
Many products Iruiru sells are even cheaper there than in any European store, but that certainly doens't make these items of Iruiru of worse quality. That's just nonsense...

forehandchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Kupus Kupus wrote:

I think that its 70% in our minds and 30% eqipement isue, because i dont belive that same eqipement can be so much different one from another!
Yes there can be a weight diferences, finish quality and over all look, but that affects only our mind cos you can adopt to anithyng!and in this case its minorr adaption.
Iv tried a lot of blades, different brands and i can say that you have to find what blade rubber type suits you best. But im not counting out that if you are unlucky you can get your hands on some realy crapy blade or rubbers and thats what we should avoid if can. But some times manufacturers are not making it easy for us; so much different stuff and to ad they are made here or there, for this country or that country and that is something that great brand shouldnt do! But hey thats us, dammaged people from planet earth:)

Kupus, lower quality does not mean only appearance which is minor, it could mean faulty inner ply that you cannot see... certain parts of the inner ply may not be of good quality and if you happens to hit that spot during a crucial point during a tournament... even though you have perfect timing and angle, thats it... you are screwed by that faulty spot.

A piece of wood is not perfect, there are many defective spots. What do you think Butterfly will do with those blades containing those defective spots ? throw them away ? They are not stupid, they will still sell it... but to whom ? ...

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 9:28pm
I have several aspects:
In my country, quality of Japanese car is a bit inferior to Singapore (for example), so my conclusion is that Japan is selling first quality products to developed country and sell the not so perfect goods to under developed countries.
Butterfly blades are cheaper, whilst they should be more expensive, beccause we have to add transport and import tax.
I heard that Japan is implementing "dumping policy", that is selling at normal or higher price domestically and sell cheaper for export.
However since we don't know the actual situation, we can only guess.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

forehandchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by sunflex sunflex wrote:

lol you can get sriver the cheapest on iruiru so that means iruiru sriver is the lowest quality. My retailer sells sriver almost twice the price of iruiru so that means almost double better quality?

WTF SERIOUS YOU'RE CRAZY

Your retailer is making a lot of profit from you.

Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2007 at 1:32am
Originally posted by forehandchop forehandchop wrote:

Originally posted by Kupus Kupus wrote:

But im not counting out that if you are unlucky you can get your hands on some realy crapy blade or rubbers and thats what we should avoid if can.

Kupus, lower quality does not mean only appearance which is minor, it could mean faulty inner ply that you cannot see... certain parts of the inner ply may not be of good quality and if you happens to hit that spot during a crucial point during a tournament... even though you have perfect timing and angle, thats it... you are screwed by that faulty spot.

A piece of wood is not perfect, there are many defective spots. What do you think Butterfly will do with those blades containing those defective spots ? throw them away ? They are not stupid, they will still sell it... but to whom ? ...

I covered all that in upper statement, and i agree with you, and i know to whom are they selling this crap to countries like mine , small with no competition on the market! But i must say that iv tried some china made blades from butterfly and they where not that bad at all, (my friend has korbel made in nowhere and its realy ok) but maybe that was luck, on the other hand iv tried some realy crapy blades with cracks on the edge of the blades that go all the way to the other edge, with sweet spots size of a pubic haire and so on, so on.
But thats a roullet man if you are blindeordering for example korbel that im ordering, who garantees that im gona get a good made in japan korbel?! I didnt test it myselfe!!!! Im gonna get it and hope that it would be nicely balanced with decent sweet spot blade! 
O what the hack im going on some tournament right now and there would be guys from croatian senior national team playing ( Zubcic ) and i hope i get to hit with him. My clipper is craveing " give me some blooood" and  i realy like the clipper blade its realy something!wish me luckBig%20smile 

TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
FH Skyline TG3 2.15 + CTE
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2007 at 6:19am
Kupus I wish you good luck during your tournament.
As for the issue regarding the origin of the products and Korbel blade in particular.
I had a Chinese Korbel from Dandoy and a Japanese (with serial number) from iruiru. Both played the same and the quality was almost the same. The japanese had the metal butterfly logo and the serial number on the blade surface.
The question is , why somebody not to buy the original (Japan made) while the price is the same or even cheaper .
As for iruiru and some claims for its butterfly products I'd like to say.
I buy butterfly staff only from Iruiru because only there I'm sure that they are made in Japan. Iruiru doesn't have non-japanese butterfly products. Don't you find strange that iruiru(Japan Company) doesn't sell some famous butterfly(Japan company) blades? Balsa Carbo X5 and Gergely aren't there although they are extremely famous. Some weeks ago I had an interesting discussion with some guys who visit all he time official European tournaments.  They told me some things regarding the Table Tennis companies and their products. We were talking for hours ,I don't want to fatigue you. Balsa Carbo X5 and Gergely are not made in Japan although on Gergely the "made in Japan" is printed on the surface. Gergely is made mainly in Russia. Gergely 21 is made in Japan and the quality is almost the same with the russian gergely.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2007 at 11:40am
ClapClapClapBig%20smilewell i must give myselfe some credit here, me and my team won silver medal in tornament!!! We lost in a final to you gess who Gacina, Zubcic and the crew. They are members of Croatian national team and i have lost to Gacina 4:11, 6:11,8:11 Claphe wosnt playing totaly seriousWink but he gave ma a thumbs up for my game and we talked about incomming WC and other stuff, realy nice guy!For me, im yust happy i could exchange few balls with realy good player!LOL
It was a university championsip tornament!
Im sorry but i had to say this hereBig%20smile!!!

TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
FH Skyline TG3 2.15 + CTE
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
mf_fish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mf_fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2007 at 12:01am
if i were to buy this:

http://butterflyonline.com/online_store_productcloseup.asp?page=shakehand_blade1.asp&type=1&ID=23&pg=8&SortBy=&displayNum=5

which version would i get?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2007 at 12:48am
The picture shows blade made in Japan. But to make sure, ask for a picture of the blade that they are going to send, but I doubt that Butterfly will do it, as they are not very communicative. My suggestion is to buy from iruiru, there you can ask them to send you the picture of the blade you are going to buy and they will reply to your questions.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

loop+loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loop+loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2007 at 5:58am
I've ever bought a Petr Kobel made in Japan with metal logo and serial number but found out it was warped. So be careful to check before you use it.

Of course I had mine replaced.
spin_attack View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spin_attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 1:19am
Looking beautiful as ever...congrats on the blades.
I got mine a few days back and haven't played wih it yet, but I was really disappointed with the handle size [:^(] [:N:] handle is so small and thin I was in shock. This will really take getting used to.

Anyways, my handle says it's made in Japan, does that mean it's made there ? I ordered from mega spin.

Happy playing guys.
BTY PK, T05fx, T80fx
sonykurniawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 2:05am
Originally posted by spin_attack spin_attack wrote:

I got mine a few days back and haven't played wih it yet, but I was really disappointed with the handle size handle is so small and thin I was in shock. This will really take getting used to.

Anyways, my handle says it's made in Japan, does that mean it's made there ? I ordered from mega spin.

Happy playing guys.

You are replying to an 8 yrs old thread
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spin_attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 2:37am
replying to an 8 yr old post, in a discussion which has not been closed yet.
I dont see the problem. The balde still sells and the discussion is still open, and i have an opinion !
cheers!!!
BTY PK, T05fx, T80fx
antipatrul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antipatrul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 2:41am

I got mine a few days back and haven't played wih it yet, but I was really disappointed with the handle size handle is so small and thin I was in shock. This will really take getting used to.

Happy playing guys.
Can you add a picture of the handle? I think that the handle have to be big enough
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 2:48am
Korbel FL handle is small and thin. Just search for "Korbel handle" and you'll see your Korbel is genuine.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 3:56am
Elder handles of Korbel made in Japan were big, but today's production ...I will miss comments.
Even ST handles are not enough comfy, no matter the wood as playing skills is not so bad.
But for this price BTY definitely must offer more...
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 5:21am
Spin Attack

The size of the flared Handle on the Petr Korbel is thinner and smaller, than most people would expect of a Butterfly blade; named after a European pro player and whose initial main market was Europe.

My advice to you is put some grip on the handle, as that will make it easier to hold.

With regard to where the Petr Korbel blades are made; they are made in factories in Japan and Europe.

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spin_attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 8:58am
Thanks guys....happy playing :)
BTY PK, T05fx, T80fx
sonykurniawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 11:29pm

replying to an 8 yr old post, in a discussion which has not been closed yet.
I dont see the problem. The balde still sells and the discussion is still open, and i have an opinion !
cheers!!!

That makes sense!!
Cheers
I am a big fan of Korbel blade too and I have 2 with ST handle weighing 94 grams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic