FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

best rubber for mid long distance looping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best rubber for mid long distance looping
    Posted: 05/12/2007 at 3:00pm

i like to play away from the table and was wondering what other people who like to play away from the table like to play and i really dont want to here about bryce i have gathered that if you can play it, it does everything well so no bryce glued unglued arguements please

right now i am playing some cole special palio on saviga sponge and i love it but its power drops off as you move back from the table maybe i will try the some thing with a harder sponge i dont know

if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
Sponsored Links

Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 3:33pm
TSP actor worked great for me
わが青春に悔なし
thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 3:38pm
Glued Almana Sound or Neos Sound, honestly there really is no substitute for looping then with these 2 rubbers. Truly top rubbers
Butterfly Kreanga Carbon ULC:
FH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0
BH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0

7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 3:38pm
LOL i was right about to say bryce xD
mendo mp, sriver, sriver EL, mark V, JO, f1, those are all great ones to add to the list
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
priior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 5:47pm
i might be retarded for saying this but..

wouldnt the speed experience of each person be much more due to what blade they're using?

i'm sure markV on my yasaka gatien extra goes nowhere near as fast as markV on some fancy superfast blade.
priior
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by priior priior wrote:

i might be retarded for saying this but..

wouldnt the speed experience of each person be much more due to what blade they're using?

i'm sure markV on my yasaka gatien extra goes nowhere near as fast as markV on some fancy superfast blade.

The blade does have an effect, but I think he means is assuming the only variable in the equation is the rubber. The question can be re-phrased as, "Assuming the blade is constant, what rubbers will produce faster mid-distance loops?" If everyone's feedback on different rubbers was based on trying different rubbers on the same blade, then the feedback will be valuable in comparing the rubber itself, not the characteristics of the blade because that part is constant.
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 8:07pm
thats what i meant exactly  ppgear
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2007 at 12:23pm
I was gonna say bryce as well ^^

but the Sriver series and Mendo should do the job as well.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2007 at 12:38pm
You know me, I love Couga and the game you describe suits Couga very well even if it's somewhat hard to do extremly spinny shot's with. Almana Sound is another good rubber for this purpose. I myself have been tempted by a review about the Nittaku Hammond X for this kind of game. Sounds like it would be an exellent rubber for mid-distance looping.
The holy grail
mini_minor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2007 at 5:21am
Try Stiga's Magna, great spin and speed-use with speed glue.
Its dinomite!!
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2007 at 10:32am
If you don't want to use speed glue the only comparable alternative to a speed glued rubber is one of the new generation tensors like Tibhar Nimbus or Andro Plasma, Donic Coppa Gold, Joola Energy.
Currently, there is no other alternative if you want good mid distance looping performance i.e. spin and speed.
Classic rubbers need to be speed glued if you want comparable speed and spin.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2007 at 12:05pm
i dont mind speed glue actually using it at the molment and am not to excited about the ban i dont think the current answers to the situation are that good
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2007 at 9:05pm
how does highpoint stack up in there??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic