Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hurricane 3 or Magna?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mini_minor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane 3 or Magna?
    Posted: 05/15/2007 at 4:22am
Hi everyone,
 Could anybody give me some advise on which rubber is better for allround play with good control.
Thanx

Sponsored Links

Balint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2007 at 5:56am
For allround play Hurricane 3 on forhand :)
Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit
FH: DHS SKYLINE 3 2.2mm
BH: DHS SKYLINE 3 2.2mm
Glue SZIKO PREMIUM SPEED ;-)
justintga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justintga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 1:55am
HURRICANE 3 ftw 100%
STIGA Offensive CR
DHS Hurricane 3 2.2 FH
BUTTERFLY Tackifire Special Soft 2.1 BH
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 1:57am
if you like chinese rubber hurricane. But I personally prefer Magna
HaoFZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaoFZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 2:01am
think about it that way, both excellent rubbers but one is half the cost ^^
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 11:48am
I used both. Found Hurricane 3 being very sticky and spinny, its better if you spin everything including your counters then its good. The rubber is not good for smashes which are more flat hits.  Personally I found it to be good initially for few days then it was uneven bounce after that. Some spots on the rubber seemed to have dead bounce and others were more springy. It's stickiness became inconsistent after few uses as rubber caught dust particles and absorbed them. Due to its stickiness I could not get consistent punch on the ball.

I got frustrated to the point that once I put new Hurricane 3 and took it off after one day of play. I had bought a bunch of them and still have three new ones with me but I would not use it as I don't like its inconsistent behaviour. We put glue to soften and hear sound and make judgement as to how hard we are hitting but when the rubber itself showed inconsistency, it was very frustrating.

Could be I am not using the way others do, like maybe not enough coating of glue, etc. But I doubt that.

I had used Magna before Hurricane 3 and went back to using Magna again. I find Magna good with spin and speed and quite consistent in its bounce. Also I can hit flat shots or jab where I don't need to spin the ball.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 9:53am
have you tired cleaning your H3 sunny?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 4:01pm
Ive been using H3 on my forehand for about 3months now, and I never experienced that inconsistency you mention, and I doubt H3 would be as popular as it is if it really were that inconsistent.....
justintga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justintga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2007 at 5:54am
yep. i clean mine after playing everyday. works like a charm, even without glue. Im in love with the H3. No more bryce for me. EVER.
STIGA Offensive CR
DHS Hurricane 3 2.2 FH
BUTTERFLY Tackifire Special Soft 2.1 BH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic