Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lightest Rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
unisonus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unisonus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lightest Rubber
    Posted: 05/17/2007 at 9:25am
What is the lightest rubber on the market?
Instinct 5ply
RITC 2000 1.8mm
Sponsored Links

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 9:31am
Probably Stiga Innova UL, Yasaka Mark V 30 or Joola Mambo.
Banda Sigma is very light too, but the topsheet is slightly heavier than Innova.
Potato Face
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 9:46am
lkt xp is right down there
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 11:00am
there's a lot of lightweight rubbers on the market now, so unless someone here is rich enough to have bought all of them and weighed them then no one will be able to tell you which one is the lightest.

other ones not mentioned above that i have personally used would be: joola air, juic 999 elite ultima, nittaku hammond and hammond pro alpha (though they don't advertise them as such) and andro has 2 lightweight rubbers out, as well.

actually, come to think of it, it's seems the one that felt the lightest to me was the joola air, though stiga innova UL is (or used to be) advertised as the lightest.

but one thing i noticed about hammond pro alpha is that, unlike the other lightweight rubbers i've tried, you don't need so much glue to get it to dome.  well, if you have to use a lot of glue, then within a short amount of time, the rubber gets heavy and you lose the advantage of the lighter weight.  that's the main downside i see with these lightweight rubbers.

also, i think joola air is the fastest and spinniest one amongst the lightweight rubbers.  but, as for all rubbers,  nittaku hammond pro alpha is the absolute best.  whenever you want to establish how good a rubber is or not, in my mind, you would have to compare it to hammond pro alpha.

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 11:25am
I have used Air, Mambo and XP, the lightest of those three was the XP.

Another one to consider would be FocusIII too.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 11:27am
xp?? focus III??

who makes them??
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 11:53am
729 lkt pro xp, 729 focus III
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 11:54am
The Friendship LKT XP and XT rubbers are super light, but as said earlier they require a fair bit of glue to work best.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 12:01pm
yeah, you see, what you're saying is confirming what i have felt for quite some time.

whatever it is that they take out to make the rubber light requires that we use more glue to compensate, which, in the end, just makes the rubber just as heavy as the non-lightweight rubbers.
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 12:48pm
In the case of the XT and XP, the sponge is very airy and soft, which makes the rubber quite slow without glue.  Cut to my kreanga carbon, the XT only weighed 28g or so when new, but after a couple weeks of gluing it was in a more normal range of 34g or so.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 1:38pm
anyway, if you are looking for something "lightweight" and faster and spinnier and are willing to spend the extra bucks, you should consider the joola air.  though i dunno how that will work on the kreanga carbon, i play with it on the joola mc 1 and it works just fine. but it's not my main racket--it's the spare.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 1:56pm
Light, pretty quick and cheap, Zap Spin is worth considering too. I know some people don't like it on a few forums, but the sheets I had were pretty nice. The throw angle was a little lower than I like, but the main reason I didn't keep on using it was that it made my bat feel just too light.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 2:37pm
who makes it?? 
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 4:30pm

It has the Yasaka name on it, but I have heard that it is made at the Palio factory. I think it is only supposed to be sold in China but you get a quite a lot popping up on Ebay or there are Chinese sites selling it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic