FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

About Re-gluing ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GiftzaBerry View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GiftzaBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About Re-gluing ???
    Posted: 05/19/2007 at 9:50am

I peeled off the rubber to reglue it

onto the blade but it's not as smooth

as the 1st time the seller assembled for me. 

Is it because of the aplication of the glue

or the actual process of sticking it

back on??? Anyone have any advice?

Or is there no way to get rid of the wrinkle marks on the rubber.

I use Fair Chack light.I usually re-glue 1 time for a day

Will it harm my rubber and blade ?

How does it effect to them?

Thank You so much Embarrassed
Sponsored Links

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2007 at 6:00pm
Have you sealed your blade? If not, do so. A very thin layed of wood laquere will do the job for you. Prevents the blade from leaving splinters.

About the rubber, it sounds like a case of glue build-up. You could peel it of if it's much or ignore and reglue on top of the build-up.

The process of reglueing will shorten the life span of your rubber's, thats for sure. According to me, it's still worth it since the rubbers performance increase when they are freshly glued.
The holy grail
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2007 at 7:22pm
Yes.  And if you're a beginner you don't need to be re-glueing.  Stay away from rubber cement, also.  Which company assembled your racket?
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GiftzaBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 12:32am
Oh thank you so much

I'm an intermediate player (I guess) but I'm new with re-gluing.

Without speed glue I feel my rubber's lifeless and dull.(BryceFx 2.1)

anyway thanks for your advices :)

Butterfly The New Kim Taek Soo
Red Bryce 2.1
Fair Chack
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GiftzaBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 12:37am
Butterfly's Dealer in my country.

And the #1 player in my country assembled for me ^^"
Butterfly The New Kim Taek Soo
Red Bryce 2.1
Fair Chack
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 12:47am
Bryce FX certainly benefits a lot from gluing.  I actually thought the rubber had more control with glue due to the increased spin.  If you decide not to speed glue, regular rubber cement works just as good as the expensive non-speed tt glues to stick the rubber on the blade.
mozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 11:44am
Originally posted by mdjenders mdjenders wrote:

Bryce FX certainly benefits a lot from gluing.  I actually thought the rubber had more control with glue due to the increased spin.  If you decide not to speed glue, regular rubber cement works just as good as the expensive non-speed tt glues to stick the rubber on the blade.

Would you mind enlightening me on the following please as i use the non-speed tt glues alot, . i experiment alot by swapping around all my rubbers and blades to find nice feel / combinations, i don't like the smell of these glues and they damage the lining of your lungs and make you light headed, so not good for the brain cells, i believe!

What is it called / where do you get it from, how expensive is it? Is it easy to re - glue with cement?, is it messy or cleaner to use?, what about fumes? Does it last longer per tin etc...........
Blade 729 Carbon
FH TG2
BH BFY Super Anti

agni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 3:11pm
yeh , bryce fx 2.1 needs a reglue . I find it really dead when I dont reglue . Ditto for srive fx.
applegreen allplay senso v1

FH yasaka mark v 2.0
BH Sriver FX 2.0

mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 5:29pm
mozzy, the only benefit to regular rubber cement vs. non-speed tt glue is the cost.  The tt glues are just rubber cement thinned out a bit, so the regular stuff works just as well for much cheaper, which is nice if you experiment with different rubbers a lot.  The rubber cement is still messy and smelly, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic