Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Should I Buy????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mikey10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikey10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Should I Buy????
    Posted: 05/21/2007 at 5:46pm
Hello guys, I am new at this forum, and would like to say hi to all before I state my problem. I have been playing for 2 years now, but still haven't had the guts to buy my first pro paddle (blade/rubber set-up). I was just wondering if you guys could help me out a little. Here are some playing facts about me:

When playing, I like to use my forehand to smash, and also to chop at the ball in some occasions. I also serve with the forehand side of my paddle (the black side). I am left handed and like to use my backhand (red) to put many different spins on the ball, and also like to put a heavy topspin on the ball to make it arch a lot, making it had to return without me being able to forehand smash it back. I am looking at spending about $100 CAD. So if you guys could take a little time to share any info you have that would help me out, I would appreciate it. Thank You
~ MIKE ~
Sponsored Links

NTTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NTTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 6:03pm
Contact PPGear
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 8:57pm
First of all.    www.paddlepalace.com   They may even have a help section.  So I'm guessing your more of an offensive? 

You may want to try a blade to suit an all around game.    Each blade is labled Def.  Off.  or All.  You should try an all.

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 9:12pm
bty kreanga carbon and bryce is what i would suggest simply because it would be the most expensive
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 9:17pm
I would recommend a beginner paddle from colestt.com, about 20 dollars.
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2007 at 10:00pm
go to colestt.com or just pm him here and he can set you up with something nice for a reasonable price.I just tried the new genote series they are nice blades.I am guessing the genote A might work for you as it must be something like a bfly primorac
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic