Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LKT PRO XP Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LKT PRO XP Review
    Posted: 05/23/2007 at 10:10am

i bought an LKT PRO XP red max and was surprised with its quality as a chinese rubber.. I was impressed by the consistency and the quality of the topsheet and sponge.. it came in a crisp red topsheet and the sponge was fine and soft.. the sponeg was yellow soft about 38-40 degrees..

pros:

the rubber is good for control loopers.. despite that its not really tacky, the rubber can produce lots of mechanical spin. the control is good since the speed is not that fast only about 20% faster than geospin.. This rubber is also not sensitive to incoming spin since it is not tacky. This rubber has a medium to high throw angle when looping and can also be good counter looping near and mid distance only. this is good also for spinny pushes and you can even chop with this rubber.

cons:

this rubber is slow and you need to speed glue it to provide more speed and power to this one. I also find the high throw angle a disadvantage because it isn't that fast therefore a good opponent can just smash soem of your high spinny loops.. the sponge sucks up glue much and i noticed that my set up now is much heavier compared to my h2/jo waldner set up

overall i don't think this is the rubber for me and im biased because i always like hard and semi hard rubbers but for those control loopers. i'd recommend this one for beginners and intermediates who would like to add some more speed and spin in their game at the same time maintain control.. i'd rate this rubber as an off- rubber with 7 out of 10 rating..

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2007 at 7:20pm
i think that is a pretty accurate review there yogi it is good i think to let people know that they can get this top sheet seperate and put a different sponge under it to get a different effect out of it.
and that the gambler 4 kings rubber is a upgrade of this rubber that is a touch faster
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 7:59am
yep thanks.. cole canj assemble a topsheet and a sponge of your choice depending on your desired rubber and sponge combo
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 8:59am
4 kings is a WHOLE lot faster. That yellow sponge gets pretty fast when you don't pump so much air into it. You don't get nearly the speed glue click, but you pick up a whole lot of flat speed. Even aces is pretty quick.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 3:35pm

the first time i plyaed xp i hated it but then i gave it another try with speed glue and it performed a whole lot better i am getting to where i really like soft sponges better

if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic