Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Table tennis clothes...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table tennis clothes...
    Posted: 05/23/2007 at 9:03pm
I've always wondered why tt clothes are so expensive...I mean...$20-30 for a pair of black shorts is kind of ridiculous..

and for the shirts...they are nothing more than 100% cotton polo shirts, I don't see how that helps you perform better because cotton retains sweat and makes you feel all itchy instead of wicking away sweat like UnderArmor clothing.

Just pondering a reason why companies don't switch to newer materials to offset the consumer cost...I mean all other sports have moisture wicking base layers....skiing, snowboarding, ice hockey, soccer, football...the list goes on..
Sponsored Links

7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2007 at 9:34pm
actually... most tt shirts ARE dryfit.

i do agree on the price though, and the fashion. i much rather spend the money on adidas or nike jerseys
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
HaoFZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaoFZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2007 at 10:08pm
adidas and nike jerseys are as overpriced as the TT brands, their quality/price ratio is around the same...

and personally, i barely know anyone who actually sweat significantly while playing TT to have the clothing make any difference
seanknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2007 at 11:00pm
actually the dryfit does make a significant difference if you play hard and sweat a lot. the material airs out easier and wont stick to you like a lot of t-shirts will. i need about 4 shirts to make it through 1 tournament, and maybe 2 on a regular club night. 
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2007 at 11:24pm
i've found alot of adidas and nike soccer jerseys (not soccer team jerseys mind you) to be alot cheaper then say, bty shirts, espeically in hong kong shops. even if the price was the same, their styles are much more 'in' then tt shirts.
and you wont believe how much some ppl here sweat lol
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2007 at 11:45pm
Yeah I sweat a ton when playing tt, moreso than playing tennis.  I wear poly/drifit shirts (some soccer jerseys/some tt clothes/some cheap ass stuff from Target) and these are usually saturated after 2 hours or so.  If I try to wear cotton, the shirt gets weighted down and gross and starts to stick to the arms, which is annoying.

I bought one of the li-ning China jerseys from someone on this forum, and I was very impressed with the quality.  I have no problem paying 30usd for something that nice compared to the cheap stuff that butterfly marks up here in the US for example.
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 12:06am
Even just doing drills and rallying I start to sweat and wearing cotton is gross.  I start to sweat twice as fast as anyone I know lol.  Cotton's a nono for me, too heavy and its uncomfortable.

I was also looking at some of the Nike/Adidas dri-fit clothes.  As for jerseys being overpriced, that seems to only be for their TT clothing line.  I saw at the local sports store some dri-fit polo's for $20USD and they work much better than the cotton Donic shirt that I have.

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 12:23am
If I struggle with one match, then I'll sweat a lot. Theres some nike drifits I saw for around 23.33 , I have to find them again. 
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 3:42pm

Well.  If you golf or play tennis.  They have golfing clothes, tennis clothes and soccer clothes. 

I think they all would be irrelevant to game play.  Same way with table tennis clothes.  Basically advertiment. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic