FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

fat handle solution?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fat handle solution?
    Posted: 06/08/2007 at 10:10pm
i cannot get any fat handles because ther r either too fast [primorac carbon, SC] or they do not sell it in australia [oneofakindtrading or its too expensive].

so i decided to used a sh*t load of tennis grip and wrap it around my blade.

would it be stable and is this the right solutin? who has done this and tell me about the comfort factor.

cheers.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Sponsored Links

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2007 at 10:48pm
butterfly Oh Sang Eun = skinniest handle i've ever used
butterfly viscaria, tbs, avalox p700 = medium girth lol
stiga energy wood fl master = pretty fat imo
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2007 at 10:54pm
Check out the Cryzer i posted
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2007 at 11:12pm
if it bothers you enough
i think i have an idea
you could get wood cement( i think thats what its called)
and you can apply that multipule itmes to the blade
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
slaplink_pat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaplink_pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2007 at 11:19pm

As I have seen your video before, you are of Asian origin and isn't that tall. Why would you want a fatter handle?

Blade: Xiom AZX
FH: Xiom Omega VII China Guang
BH: DHS PF4

Blade: Donic Alligator Combi
FH: TIbhar MXP
BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2007 at 11:22pm

Why don't you try to wrap the handle with 3M Scotch 23 for wrapping electric cable? I found it so grippy, better than normal tennis grip. I wrap it several times though, until I found it suitable for my hand. Small grip lik Violin really hurt your wrist, because you must strech your palm.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2007 at 11:43pm
how about badminton grip?
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2007 at 2:33am
as far as I know, there isnt any table tennis grip, and all these grips are more suited for tennis or badminton. it will require you to wind it up diagonally around it, which will turn out to be unavoidably ugly on a relatively small blade handle. And the texture will also be vastly different from what we are used to. Layering it with those kind of transparent/translucent gluey thing you see in art shops should do, increasing the diameter
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
GeoZim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoZim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2007 at 4:19am
Good Morning

I purchased a blade off of ebay that was hand made, it came with a large diameter handle. I like it very much. But if you like the blade you have go to your local hardware or hobby store and buy some balsa wood. Take a sharp chisel and from the blade side slide the chisel along the blade and cut the handle off. It should come off easily. The tang of the blade should be the only thing left, it should be a part of the blade itself.Then just glue the balsa onto the remaining tang of the handle and shape with sandpaper and a wood file to fit your hand.
GeoZim
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2007 at 4:23am
Dawei Matrix/lkt Torrent have a fat handle and if you want something from australia buy some andro blades from Rob
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2007 at 6:08am
theman, the tennis wrapping grip makes your blade heavy, i think there's still a tennis wrap that is made of one piece that you can cut and place on your blade.. it stretches horizontall to adjust to your blade so it doesn't need a lot of materials to cover the entire handle.. btw, you don't wrap it around like the normal tennis wrap rather you insert the handle of blade to it so its very light
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
slaplink_pat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaplink_pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2007 at 7:50am
BTY used to have a handle grip tape. I bought one but that was around 2002 and I don't know if it is still in production now.
Blade: Xiom AZX
FH: Xiom Omega VII China Guang
BH: DHS PF4

Blade: Donic Alligator Combi
FH: TIbhar MXP
BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2007 at 9:17am
Originally posted by slaplink_pat slaplink_pat wrote:

BTY used to have a handle grip tape. I bought one but that was around 2002 and I don't know if it is still in production now.
yes they still sell them as well
my bestfriend refuses to play with anyblade with out one
it will definatly make your handle bigger and more grip
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2007 at 12:38pm
Trust me, Use Scotch 23 Rubber Splicing Tape made by 3M.
You can get it at electric shop or tool shop. The good think about this tape is when your hand is sweating it wouldn't become slippery but become tacky.
I've tried tennis or badminton grip, it feel slippery when sweating.
Since my hand is big, I wrap the handle 4 times. If anyone want to see how it looks on my blade, I've posted it on "my pics of my blade".
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2007 at 9:30pm
bty primorac off- has a comfy handle (but then again ive used mine for over 5 years so its like a seconf hand)
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2007 at 9:46pm
my dad uses tennis grip tape, he loves it, and personally i can't stand it, it's frickin' huge, and so grippy (i need a lil slippery-ness to roll the blade between fh and bh push, penholder), i don't get how he still can control so well with that big of a handle and the grippiness.  also there are rubber grips for paddles, my friend has it on his sardius.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2007 at 10:09am
It's fairly easy to get a bigger handle. You take a hair dryer and warm up your handle to make the glue dissolve. Then take a sharp knife and take off the 2 parts of the handle. Then you either make your own or you simply add a little piece of wood underneath each side and glue it together again.
I have done this before several times and I'm anything but good at these things, in fact I'm terribly bad at repairing things etc. It's not difficult and it's a very good solution, much better than tape because you have much better feeling.

I also know a few players who made their own solid oak wood grip halves because they didn't like the balance of their blade. The heavy oak wood helped them to balance their blades better.
Other people use balsa grips to make the blade more head heavy.
Have fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic