Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Long pimple ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
checkmilu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmilu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2007 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by cmugica cmugica wrote:

Originally posted by checkmilu checkmilu wrote:

lp does give free points! unless the ball changed from 40mm to 400mm to make the spin visible instead of guessing

The spin is there, if you can't see it you must improve.

Don't bullsh*t, we sometime can see the spin with spinning logo but it's just sometime, that's why world top players still return the ball into the net or pop-up. Timo, Wang, MA all still have to guess the spin base on their experience and feel.
milu
Sponsored Links

checkmilu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmilu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2007 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Originally posted by checkmilu checkmilu wrote:

the nature of tt is the speed n spin you create on the ball, there's no other sport that fast or with the ball that spinny. lp can't create speed AND also can't create spin that's why lp should not belong to tt. Natually, pip-in rubbers named like Hurrican, Tornado, Mark V, Tackyfire (all about spin & speed) whilst lp named Dr.Evil...

ROFL! Yes, ban them because of their names! Especially the Dr Evil, which is a short pip rubber. Or, from what I have heard, a version of the 729 that some player simple turned and used with the pips out. 

This guy is a d*ckhead! Read the last part but forget the first part. The names is just example that demonstrate the nature of pimple rubber that can't create spin/speed. If there is only lp and no inverted rubber, imagine how slow and ugly the game would be.
milu
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2007 at 9:38pm
I think one important issue should be pointed out here;

The ITTF is proposing a ban on some frictionless rubber ONLY because they are treated, meaning that part of the pimples have different friction levels than others (eg the tips frictionless, the sides grippy).

Because it's too hard to test whether they are treated or not, and since all treated rubbers seems to have very low friction levels, they decided to set a minimum friction level for rubbers, and ban all those below it. However this means that some rubbers that are not treated may well be banned too just because they have a low friction level. This I strongly oppose.

Really the ITTF ban has nothing to with whether frictionless rubbers should or should not be legal (whether they are fair or unfair), it is a side effect, which is what I'm strongly oppose to...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 11:24am
Checkmilu,
Love they way you express yourself, my niece (age 12) would probably use the same language as you. If you are going to post examples, then at least make sure that they are correct. Dr Evil is a short pip, not a long pip.

You say that the nature of TT is the spped n spin, that's funny cause TT was originaly played with cigar boxes and a piece of cork. Doubt that the spin and speed would be awesome with that kind of equipment. Then a real blade was introduced, still without rubber. Then some bright guy introduced a rubber to use on the blade, guess what? It was a pips out rubber! So, not knowing the entire history of TT, I still belive that the sponge is quite new in the game. As you, me and everybody else knows, speed and spin was introduced with this piece of equipment. It was supposed to be superior to the old gear, so howcome you guys who use this superior equipment still complains about people who use the more old fashioned style of pimples?

Also, the ban is aimed at frictionless pimples and surely you must agree that the spin from them holds no surprises what so ever!?! You get your own spin back, if you load it with top then you get loads of backspin back. Also, try to watch the balls flypath instead of looking at the logo, this should really help you to read the spin.

@Takaaki: 35?!? Again?!? Even if I do belive that YATTP has greater knowledge then me when it comes to TT, I'm pretty sure that I'm the one who knows my age best and it's still 32. Since most coaches advices their youngsters to avoid pimples, it's more commonly used by older players who plays their own game without any interference from coaches. We do have some younger players who uses pips, Fabian �kerstr�m is one of them. So while it might be that the "older" people are in majority, they are not alone to use it.
The holy grail
GrumpyJoe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 4:37pm
Somebody told me a long time ago that LP does nothing but hide your weakness. Told me I should get some fast rubber and speed glue and practice with a coach to learn the right way to play. I will agree with the coach thing. Our club coach has helped me out. (5 years ago) I can loop and block, smash and chop. But, I have a bad shoulder (too much baseball/softball) So more than 2 loops in a row... not going to happen. Should I give up on TT just because of this? No. I will enjoy playing the style of game I have adapted to.

Now let me ask you all this. If LP will hide my weakness, what does speed glue do? It helps you put more spin on the ball because you can't move your hand fast enough. It gives you more control. And it makes the ball faster because you can't swing fast enough. If you went to a coach and trained more you might be able to overcome these weaknesses without the use of speedglue.

One more thing. When was the last times you heard of someone passing out at a tourney because they were glueing up LP?
Dr. Neubauer:
Blade: Special 4th generation
F/H: Juic 999 Def 1.0
B/H: Super Block OX
Current USATT rating 1932
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic