Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rubber to replace H3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rubber to replace H3
    Posted: 06/11/2007 at 7:45am
Hey guys just wondering what you'd recommend to someone trying to give up on H3?
I'm finally sick and tried of opening a new sheet of 40* sponged H3 (provincial version) and STILL playing different from the previous sheet.

I have been thinking of Magna, but not too sure. Any suggestions would be great.

I just need it to have a spinny topsheet, relatively hard and throw I'd just adjust to (just nothing spastically high or low).

Many thanks,
Gark
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Sponsored Links

elpmip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elpmip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2007 at 9:32am
Have a try on BTY Tackfire-C. The sponge is hard with spinny rubber sheet. Used by Chang Yi Ning - the top lady in table tennis. 
It is a bit slow but not as slow as H3.  Should be more consistent from BTY.
Magna has medium/hard sponge. I have it on my new BTY Lendido Jap ph. It is fast and definitely different from the above two, or more like the Almana with a bit harder sponge.

May be the pro version of H3/H2 from Nittaku. May be more consistent. Never tried.

http://www.presports.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_6&sort=20a&filter_id=11&alpha_filter_id=0

----------

kmh888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmh888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2007 at 2:25pm

Magna sux....its very slow and not a lot of spin.

I reccomend Hurricane III Pro - much more spinnier, much faster than HUrricane III but if you really are sick of Hurricane series altogether, get a butterfly rubber, perhaps bryce ?

Gatien Extra
FH: Hurricane Provincial
BH: Palio CJ800 Speed

Special thick glue
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2007 at 2:25pm
tackifire c is like playing with expensive national globe 999
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
kei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2007 at 7:23pm
joola drum
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2007 at 10:36pm
skyline 2 or 3
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 12:37am
I'm not sick of H3...rather I'm sick of DHS I suppose....their quality control is just plain terrible. So I'd prob stay away from Skyline series as well,
I've tried the Tackifire C and it's just too softand heavier somehow!

Might give the Joola drum a try now that kei's mentioned it.
(\__/)

ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 1:15am
true but for the price of H3 Pro....you can buy 3 sheets of normal H3 and 2 sheets of provincial H3....

despite the horrible sponge differences...i usually just speed glue to soften them up to my liking(albeit it doesn't work that well).

new rubbers for me are either gonna be

H3 Black FH/Sriver EL BH or H3 Black FH/Dawei Inspirit Quattro 2.2 or Donic J.O. Waldner 2.0 BH...glued to liking ofcourse...
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 1:50am
729 has some similar rubbers. Cream and Higher are not too different. With either one you have a choice of sponges.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 1:51am
definately....729 Cream on MRS sponge is great I hear....you can also interchange 729 sponges or dawei sponges, etc.
forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 5:51am
ive never had a problem with DHS' quality before. am i lucky or less fussy than other players
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
vivleien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivleien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 6:13am
I've noticed there are different sponges: some are striated, other have more holes, etc.
But the feeling changed mainly because of the difference between very tacky and slow new sheet and old sheet. But i've always glued my H3, so it may change things.

Now I play with Skyline 3, first glued, and now unglued. Sponges have always looked the same (3 sheets so far), and was never troubled by sponge hardness.
lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 8:07pm
go for the 729 SP on trancend, or globe 999 on Canon (dawei)
cole has them all
e-pingpongshop

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 8:33pm
Hurricane 3....some hate it...some love it....I for one....love it!

Probably the best rubber other than Sriver that I've ever used.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 11:06pm
I'm using Provincial and LOVE IT!!! I did not like the regular H3.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 11:07pm
I have a new Skyline 3 for sale if interested. PM me.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 8:23am
I've tried Skyline....really didn't like it. Too sticky for my tastes.

Btw, I gave my problematic sheet of H3 a REALLY BIG gluejob (we're talking 14 layers here) and now it plays like it should. ^_^

But, I have a sheet of Cream MRS coming...might slop that on my TBS and just muck around with it.
(\__/)

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 11:03am
I'm going to try the opposite of mass gluing . . . no glue. The H3 is too heavy for my taste. I'll let you know how the H3-P does with a glue sheet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic