Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why some people prefer heavier blades?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 2:36am
this question goes for those people who use fast/offensive + blades. Do you guys play with something fast just to suit your offensive style? I am also referring to people that buy butterfly equipments. There are some offensive players that would prefer to play with something slow.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 4:07am
I have two blades that I like and use more than others. One is 80g ALL + and the other a 95g OFF blade. I can hit and loop well with either. Both feel well balanced, transfer ball feeling, and let me make my shots with good control. The heavier one DOES feel more powerful, but you'd expect that from an OFF blade.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2007 at 5:47pm
Now I understand why people prefer a havier blades
Today I tryed to play with very light blade. that was really bad.
I did not feel my hand - it was too free to move
Maybe it is good for fast play(not power play) niar the table  - but for spins and contraspins  - too light blade is not a good decision - FOR ME
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2007 at 6:32pm
yea, i still don't understand why people think that fast stroke with light blade will give them power. I only felt myself cutting air but i didn't feel the ball at all when i use lighter blades. You don't get a lot of feel with lighter blades and impact at contact point.

Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2007 at 7:13pm

Less vibration.  Less feedback if you ask me.

tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 4:00pm
first of all heavy blade does not mean that its weight should be near 100gm,but where the balance point is.oc is abt 87gm but not heavy since its balance point is at the middle point of the playing surface which makes it a balance combo for offencing game.
most people likes head heavy(not over all heavy) blades or combos because it imparts more pressure on the ball than the balanced combo which make the player feel the ball better.
and i must say that most of us cannot
1)transfer weight at right time(less power)
2)do not have right action(less control and feel)
3)move according to the ball or choose the right type of shot(whether to go forward or to lift up)for a ball.

using a balanced combo does not counter any of these problems but a head heavy combo can counter first two problem.

a light combo need perfect contact and timing and very fast action and not good for far away from table

so it realy lookes like
1)if ur quick on ur feet u have a choice between both type of combos
2)if ur slow u should go for a balanced combo or stay close to the table with a heavy one to kill when possible
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 5:18pm
good explanation. now that you think about it, doesn't that tell you that heavier blades has more potential power from any distance compared to lighter blades?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic