Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

"Stretching out" H3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Argo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Stretching out" H3
    Posted: 06/13/2007 at 2:33pm
I hear that after you stretch out a h3 by layering it with glue the first time will improve its performance, but the only glue I have right now is regular rubber cement. Would applying multiple layers of that help out the performance of the blade?
Sponsored Links

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 3:13pm
no
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 3:17pm
it'd work if you make it into a custom speed glue by adding other solvents, otherwise just buy some speedglue

ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by mece mece wrote:

it'd work if you make it into a custom speed glue by adding other solvents, otherwise just buy some speedglue

For the first layer of glue on a brand new rubber?  I've always used normal glue and let it dry to prime the rubber before speed glueing....

If I use speed glue to prime(3 layers), does that soften the sponge more than 1 or 2 layers of normal glue then speed glue(2 layers) after? What about the rubber falling off?

Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Argo Argo wrote:

I hear that after you stretch out a h3 by layering it with glue the first time will improve its performance, but the only glue I have right now is regular rubber cement. Would applying multiple layers of that help out the performance of the blade?

It will help a little, since even normal glue will stretch the rubber... but it won't be as good...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 1:02am

yeah that works, but he was asking about putting multiple layers of regular glue. It'd build up since it's rather thick
Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

Originally posted by mece mece wrote:

For the first layer of glue on a brand new rubber?  I've always used normal glue and let it dry to prime the rubber before speed glueing....

If I use speed glue to prime(3 layers), does that soften the sponge more than 1 or 2 layers of normal glue then speed glue(2 layers) after? What about the rubber falling off?

forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 6:40am
you can try, but dont overdo the layering part. It can prove disastrous, and turn out worse than before
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic