Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good Backh rubber for Block to OFF+ Forhand player
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Backh rubber for Block to OFF+ Forhand player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Backh rubber for Block to OFF+ Forhand player
    Posted: 06/13/2007 at 3:57pm
Hey guys.

I need your proffecional advice for backhand rubber.

My strong side is forehand 90% of the table ( spins ) and i can do 100%. the only situation i need my backhand, when somebody begin with fast spin to my backhand side(so I can't go with counterspin) and then I block the ball.

I have spin in my backhand also, and it is not bad, but I better do it from the middle or far distance from the table and there - i don't need speed, but spin and control.

Curently I play with yasaka Mark V(2 mm) on my backhand.
It is not very fast, especially without glue and has not bad control on my Timo Boll blade but.....I think about slower and spinnier option.

i think it could give me better block and good feeling in short game near the table, to give me more confidence, when i do spin backhand and it make me more complex for other players because of the difference in speed between my Borehand and Backhand

What do you think about it? and what rubbers to you think about
(i think of 1.8 mm )

Thank you

Sponsored Links

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 5:33pm

From 1 side I am afraid that it will make my block slower, but in my block I push my hand forward so I can increese the speed of my block very well, especially if I will have more control in it

and my spins are very open, (like Creanga's) so slower rubber will add the spin but will not lengthen the trjectory of the spin

hallur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 5:37pm
You should try a Sriver EL on your bachand, it has great control and good spin, and it is great for blocking activly!
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 9:56pm
Sriver EL is not good without reglueing :(

And it is not very very spinny(from my own expirience)
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 10:28pm
sriver L 
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 10:29pm
sriver-L 
Potato Face
chornyi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chornyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 1:50am
I would put a short pips, clearly. However, it was not far away from the table...
Nittaku Septear
FH: Butterfly Bryce 2.1
BH: Butterfly Bryce FX 1.9
D3xT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3xT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 4:14am
i agree with hallur 
BLADE: Schlager OFF+
FH: Tenergy 64
BH: Tenergy 80
hallur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 10:12am
Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

Sriver EL is not good without reglueing :(

And it is not very very spinny(from my own expirience)

I don�t know about that, I used a Sriver EL without glueing for a long time, and it was good. Then I started glueing, and I liked it better without glue.
   So a Sriver EL is a great alternativ, because I think the Sriver rubbers works well without glue, so it is good when the glue ban settles..

I think I will change myself to a Sriver in the backhand after the glue-ban.
Ignarus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ignarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 10:37am
Another option, if it didn't turn out to be too fast for your liking would be Catapult - it's got a good deal of spin and the inherent speed of the rubber will make it so you don't have to block as aggressively. The glue-effect might help offset some of the glue-ban issues as well. I'm not sure how you'd wind up with control on the short game, though - it migth set you back a step. A stiff-wristed push will often go long, but maybe less on a <2.1mm sponge.

Other, stickier options: Tackifire Special Soft, Tackifire C, some chinese rubber (medium hard sponge + tacky topsheet)
MMaze(Ten05/Outlaw)
Weixing_Yinghao View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weixing_Yinghao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 3:37am
Mark V 30 degrees, very spinny and extrem feel..
Blade: 729 Carbon ALL+.
Rubbers:red:Tibhar Grass Spezial (ox)
Black:DaweiSuperPower 2008 (2,1)
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 2:51pm
thank you

I will think about Sriver EL - I played it on my forehand once and did not like it, but maybe on backhand it can serve me better

But actually I thought about somthing maybe slower than it but spinnier
hallur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 2:55pm
If you want something slower and spinnier, you should try Butterfly Tackifire Special Soft. It is slow and spinny, but it can also do powerfull strokes when you want to, even without glue!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 8:34pm
mendo mp with glue, its fast and its one of the spinniest non-tacky euro/jap rubber, its good in the short game and its a mini-bryce
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
slaplink_pat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaplink_pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 10:21pm
Globe 999 with a medium-hard sponge of your choice.
Blade: Xiom AZX
FH: Xiom Omega VII China Guang
BH: DHS PF4

Blade: Donic Alligator Combi
FH: TIbhar MXP
BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 3:53pm
I tryed 999 (38 - hardness) - it is not good for blocking(by my opinion - too soft blocks).
slaplink_pat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaplink_pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 8:55pm
hmm... you could try a tensor with 1.8mm - maybe Sriver G2? or something from Donic.
Blade: Xiom AZX
FH: Xiom Omega VII China Guang
BH: DHS PF4

Blade: Donic Alligator Combi
FH: TIbhar MXP
BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 9:24pm
Have you considered Hammond or Nodius? They're not particularly fast or spinny without glue, but some people get their best backhands with these rubbers especially if you have that european backhand.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 11:12pm
Stimmt. Ditto.  Nittaku Nodias and BTY Takifire SP Soft have good prospects for you on BH, but they are not your cheap, discount rubbers.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2007 at 6:05pm
Today, just for one fun try - I played with Tibhar vari Spin 1 mm on my backhand 
Smile

That was funny - Evrything was to the net :).
I felt not bad feeling on my spin backhand but - it was too slow(very spinny I could made it)
Anyway - I have decidet for sure - my backhand could not be less than 1.8 mm sponge.
But I begin to think about some more comlicated Rubber on my backhand - Maybe powersponge from Tibhar , Andro or new Stigas

Ah, the additional problem became the weight of the rocket - I felt it is too light for me(because of the light backhand rubber)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic