Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubbers rubbers rubbers...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubbers rubbers rubbers...
    Posted: 06/14/2007 at 6:46pm
I'm hesitating between 2 combinations:

FH: butterfly sriver
BH: butterfly sriver EL
or
FH: yasaka mark V XS
BH: yasaka mark V GPS

I usually chop more with my BH, but I also do with my FH. I spin/kill more with my FH, but I also do with my BH. That's why I'm thinkink 2 all-around rubbers, with more spin on the BH and more speed on the FH.

I also thought about a tackiness Chop or tackfire C for the BH, and Bryce or catapult for the FH. But they seem too specific, and maybe not adapted to my game ? I read terrible reviews about the sriver G2, but it looks good on paper.

So what do you guys think about all that ?

PS: I won't use speed glue
Sponsored Links

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2007 at 8:29pm
i have read alot of great reviews on sriver g2 aswell but i still dont think it would be a good fit the sriver sriver el combo souds good or even sriver tackiness chop may work too
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 1:03am
Thanks for the reply creeder...

I've heard contradicting stuff, is the sriver faster than the sriver EL ? What's the advantage of the siver over the EL ? Or am I just better off with 2 ELs ?
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 2:30am
No speed glue? In that case you might want some tensors.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 2:56am
hmmm, more details please ?
Weixing_Yinghao View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weixing_Yinghao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 3:39am

Quote TT_Freak Replybullet Posted: Today at 2:30am
No speed glue? In that case you might want some tensors.

Agree..

Blade: 729 Carbon ALL+.
Rubbers:red:Tibhar Grass Spezial (ox)
Black:DaweiSuperPower 2008 (2,1)
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 3:54am
I'm glad you guys agree !! Could you please be more specific ?
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 4:31am
Originally posted by zBoule zBoule wrote:

Thanks for the reply creeder...

I've heard contradicting stuff, is the sriver faster than the sriver EL ? What's the advantage of the siver over the EL ? Or am I just better off with 2 ELs ?

Sriver has a harder sponge than Sriver EL, therefore it is faster.

Not sure about the other two question as I've never used the Sriver, only the EL

As for speed glue, you would want to glue those BTY rubbers as most ppl say they are slow and harder to control without glue.  If you don't speed glue, then look at some tension rubbers like Donic Desto F3 for BH.  And something like Bryce or Catapult for FH.

I don't know about Mark V XS as I haven't used it but I find the original Mark V pretty slow for 40mm ball.
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 5:10am
Thanks for the details !!
So how often should i speed glue ? like once a week ? Will fair chalk from BFY do the trick ?
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 4:14am
Anyone can comment on tackfire C and catapult ?
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 4:25am
Here's info and how to on speed glue...

http://tabletennis.about.com/od/speedglue/a/speedglueovervw.htm
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 4:47am
aha, thanks (I actually googled it earlier today :p)
I read that Sriver rubbers will work fine without speed glue. Of course they'll perform better with, but they'd still be great without...

What about cermet rubber ? It looks nice for FH !
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 7:58pm
Any reviews for:
catapult
cermet
tackfire c

Anyone ?
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 6:41am
Tackifire C : very good rubber. Exellent for top and block. I have used for a longtime but I changed because was heavy. Now they make the same, soft version. I did not yet tried but I suppose it is lighter than previous one.
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 1:56am
Thanks for the answer !

I still can't decide if I should go with 2 all around rubbers (sriver / sriver EL), or 1 super spin and 1 super spedd (catapult / tackfire C).

I guess it also depends on the blade (OFF / OFF+)...

Could someone please explain and compare the 2 approaches ? Maybe I should open a new thread for this...

The way I play:
I usually chop more with my BH, but I also do with my FH. I spin/kill more with my FH, but I also do with my BH. That's why I'm thinkink 2 all-around rubbers, with more spin on the BH and more speed on the FH.
Kennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 3:43am
MARK V XS UNGLUED FOR FH WOULD BE GREAT, ITS SPINNY AND HAS A PERFECT GRIP FOR TOPSPIN, CHOPPING, ETC. FOR BH I THINK GPS UNGLUED IS ALSO GOOD ESPECIALLY FOR CONTROL, IF YOU WANT FASTER TRY THE YASAKA TENSOR RUBBERS XTEND.
Blade: YASAKA Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Fh: YASAKA PRYDE
Bh: YASAKA Xtend HS
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 4:22pm
Yeah I tried them... I think I prefer the sriver over the mark V...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic