FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

chinese equivelant of feint long II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chinese equivelant of feint long II
    Posted: 06/17/2007 at 5:17am

wondered if there was a cheaper alternative to feint Question,does 837 come anywhere nearQuestionthanks in advance for suggestions.

Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2007 at 6:23am
A tricky question as all long pimples are a little different... all have their own strenghts and weaknesses. The sponge makes quite a difference too.

Although I have not used this rubber myself, I believe the Feint Long II has fairly firm pimples and is more of an attacker type rubber. The 837 pimples are probably softer, but it's not a bad rubber and quite easy to use... The C8 that you're using is probably a little similar as well (as does the stiga Destroyer which is almost identical to C8).

The sponge makes a big difference too, will you play with sponge or OX?

If you're interested check out the forum in my signature, it got a LOT of long pimples and other pimples stuff...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2007 at 7:14am

haggis i will be using 1.0 sponge,problem with c8 was ball popping up on chops as there`s not much grip with this rubber, great for blocking serves though,seems no matter how spinny i can give back a fast skidding return that stays low,but i prefer the backhand chop style(a la joo)to wait for pop up to loop drive .

ps had a look at ur website there is some really interesting stuff on there.

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2007 at 8:18am
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

haggis i will be using 1.0 sponge,problem with c8 was ball popping up on chops as there`s not much grip with this rubber, great for blocking serves though,seems no matter how spinny i can give back a fast skidding return that stays low,but i prefer the backhand chop style(a la joo)to wait for pop up to loop drive .

ps had a look at ur website there is some really interesting stuff on there.

The problem is not the rubber, it's you. learn the right "how to chop".
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2007 at 8:53pm
dhs cloud and fog series???
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 4:30am
you have made a good point there,i am used to chopping with tackinessc on bh and perhaps the blade angle required is different for c8?

mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 11:32pm
Oh yes.  Chopping with inverted and lp can be very different in blade angle and stroke, again depending on what pips you are using.  With my pips (vs. inverted tack d) I have to close the blade angle and chop with an aggressive downward stroke vs. the more forward/down stroke I use with the inverted.

What I did was spend several hours practicing all sorts of different chop strokes on the robot to find which work best with the specific lp you are using.  There will be multiple strokes and blade angles that will chop well and allow you to vary the spin with your pips.
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 6:58am
Originally posted by mdjenders mdjenders wrote:

Oh yes.  Chopping with inverted and lp can be very different in blade angle and stroke, again depending on what pips you are using.  With my pips (vs. inverted tack d) I have to close the blade angle and chop with an aggressive downward stroke vs. the more forward/down stroke I use with the inverted.

What I did was spend several hours practicing all sorts of different chop strokes on the robot to find which work best with the specific lp you are using.  There will be multiple strokes and blade angles that will chop well and allow you to vary the spin with your pips.
thanks for reply,so i need to change blade angle and use more downward motioni.e:/ for pips as opposed to _ for inverted(this is more horizontal than actual but was closest example i could give)

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 8:22pm
yes correct.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic