Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Xiom Platinum RSM really good?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Xiom Platinum RSM really good?
    Posted: 06/17/2007 at 9:53pm
I am wondering if anyone here has used Xiom Platinum RSM? I kind of doubt that Japanese would sell their highest grade hinoki wood to Xiom because I heard from a table tennis dealer in Taiwan that Japanese table tennis companies always keep the best  grade of hinoki for themselves, and export only the second class hinoki wood.
Sponsored Links

sthokie View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sthokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2007 at 10:00pm
I got one from Ryno about 2 weeks ago and love it. Used a Cypress-S for 5 years until it cracked in the middle after slipping out of my hand and hitting the floor. Got another Cypress and the feel was completely different, too hard.

Then got the RSM Platinum and loved the feel, great for looping and blocking, very well balanced blade, and the Hinoki grain looked better than an old KTS I have. As for control, even though it's a 10mm, it felt very controllable, better control than the KTS. As I play close to the table, it works well for my game, it loses some of its power if you play really far.

kts user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kts user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 6:48am
I have tried the RSM platinum, the top spin wasn't fast as the KTS. The positive point is the control. It is much better than KTS. For far table, what sthokie said was right. It losses the power when it far out of the table.
manduman88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manduman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 8:47am
what about teh silver version?
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 10:42am
Guys, thanks for the comments
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic