Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tackiest chinese rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tackiest chinese rubber?
    Posted: 06/18/2007 at 1:12am
wats a good tacky chinese, need to replace my euro rubber, not used to it.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Sponsored Links

mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 1:14am
perhaps cream with jap sponge?

azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 2:13am
729 wang nan sp
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 2:56am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

wats a good tacky chinese, need to replace my euro rubber, not used to it.

Good for what? Looping, blocking, serving, etc? Fast or slow?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 3:02am
looping  and serving. medium quickness
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 9:15am
hurricane 2/3, wang nan sp, globe 999, pf4 (original predecessor), ritc 729, ritc 729 super fx, jianmei 999.. if you clean them and cover them with plastic after playing in a few months they will be very very sticky and spinny
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
vmajor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 11:36am
I just replaced my DHS Hurricane 2 2.2mm with Andro Plasma 430 max and I get more spin.

The Plasma is slightly less tacky (not by much) but without gluing, Plasma produces much more spin than the H2 with my technique. H2 is still a very nice rubber, but with my technique and without glue I did not get as much top spin as I would have liked.
Andro Blax OFF
FH: Andro Plasma 430 max
BH: Andro Plasma 430 2.0
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 11:55am
friendship makes this rubber i think it is the 729 sp or something but it is older super hard sponge but it looks like it has glue on the top sheet it is so tacky
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 1:40pm
SP gets my vote, and on the right sponge you can develop good speed with it too. If you are replacing a Euro rubber and have strokes adapted to Euro rubbers, Inspirit or Zap might be a better bet.
sjasi1982m View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjasi1982m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 2:29pm
Xushaofa 999 is very tacky and spinny, however it is a little slow and heavy, so you wold need to glue, but other than that, it's a very good rubber.
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 3:00pm
729 Cream on MRS?
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 4:22pm
allthough i am the distributor of Dawei and Galaxy for my country, i have to say that SP is the best
from Dawei i will choose Sprungfeder G3 A4
and from Galaxy the Earth (very new)
e-pingpongshop
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 8:20pm
SP is certainly very tacky, but the sponge is a little hard for looping UNLESS you glue it up.

I agree the Sprung is great for looping, but not really tacky which is what he asked for.

Can you tell us a little more about Galaxy Earth?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 8:24pm
haggisv do you still have more 999 nat?
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 12:55am
u see this is my thinking. if it s ahard sponge, then i can put ALL of my strength in that loop without worrying that it will go over the table [ imtalking bout lifting heavy chop here].

i played with hard sponge before, and my god the control is good, compared with say donic f1 which was too expensive to maintain, it was outta control.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 2:16am
Originally posted by O! Ju Qian O! Ju Qian wrote:

haggisv do you still have more 999 nat?

Yes we do.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 2:18am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

u see this is my thinking. if it s ahard sponge, then i can put ALL of my strength in that loop without worrying that it will go over the table [ imtalking bout lifting heavy chop here].

i played with hard sponge before, and my god the control is good, compared with say donic f1 which was too expensive to maintain, it was outta control.

I agree, but you don't want it too hard for looping, or you won't be able to dig the ball in and get as much spin.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 2:31am
the thing with hard sponges (without glue), it's that u dont feel the ball. I personally have to feel the ball sinking into the rubber to execute a good loop.

legender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 10:19am
what is the full name for SP? 
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 4:48pm
SP is the name of the topsheet which originally appeared on the Wang Nan rubber. Now this topsheet is available on a few different sponges but just called SP.
On God favored sponge (Chinese hard sponge) it is extremely spinny but pretty slow without glue.
On Transcend sponge (Chinese medium to hard sponge) it is still very spinny but faster.
On Hero sponge (Chinese medium sponge) very spinny and a little faster.
I am not sure if the Wang Nan version is still available.
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 5:07pm
  A few questions: what are you replacing? Going from most euro rubbers to the 'tackiest' chinese rubber in the land is going to be quite a shock, especially from a looping standpoint.

Are you happy with the looping capabilities of your current euro rubber? Or would you like more speed? spin? faster? slower? Looking for the closest copy cat you can get to your old rubber or something else?

The #1 reason myself, and many of the other posters ask, is, going to a very hard sponged, very sticky rubber (say, the standard 729 SP), especially unglued, is going to create a majory change in what you need to do to stroke a solid loop.

Thanks,

- Jack -

PS: What blade do you use? Same one in your signature? Has a major impact on the rubber selection, imo.
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 5:09pm
 If you're looking for something that can do it all whilst generating more spin, Cream MRS or one of several 729-topsheet variants will do the trick.
 If you're looking for a euro-replacement, you really can't beat Dawei Inspirit for the price, under $20 in the US, and available at colestt.com

Hope this helped,

- Jack -
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
legender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 6:06pm
And what is the MRS?

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

729 Cream on MRS?
Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 6:13pm
Magic Red Sponge

I actually prefer Tackspeed 2000 on MRS - I find it plays flatter than Cream which is better for my style.  Also my forehand seems a bit more accurate with Tackspeed than it was with Cream but others may not agree.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2007 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

SP is certainly very tacky, but the sponge is a little hard for looping UNLESS you glue it up.

I agree the Sprung is great for looping, but not really tacky which is what he asked for.

Can you tell us a little more about Galaxy Earth?

You have right.
I have in mind SP on Canon sponge 42 dgr or SP on Kokutaku.

Earth is a new rubber of Galaxy together with Mars , Jupiter and Saturn.
Mars is an attempt for Galaxy to produce a rubber sheet grippy and not tacky.
On the other hand Earth is closer to chinese standarts, it's tacky, i would say somewhere between Sprung and SP. Allthough Galaxy tries to improve sponges i will have better revew when i will be able to have an Earth top sheet onto a sponge of my choice.
But this rubber it's very interesting from a company which has big reputation for blades but in the field of rubbers don't have some famous product.
e-pingpongshop
slaplink_pat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaplink_pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 12:24am
Jianmei 999 and Juic-Globe 999
Blade: Xiom AZX
FH: Xiom Omega VII China Guang
BH: DHS PF4

Blade: Donic Alligator Combi
FH: TIbhar MXP
BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 7:21am
Originally posted by lilactime031 lilactime031 wrote:

Do you have any info on the Jupiter and Saturn rubbers?
legender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 10:42am
I played 729 for years included Wang Nan something, not sure it is wang nan sp. The Wang Nan rubber is really really good. But never heard of MRS. Anyone here can give a Chinese name of it? I want to have a try of it. Thanks in advance.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Stef Stef wrote:

Originally posted by lilactime031 lilactime031 wrote:

Do you have any info on the Jupiter and Saturn rubbers?

e-pingpongshop
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2007 at 1:02pm
sorry i can't upload the images of rubbers covers

Jupiter is another Galaxy  attempt for less tacky - more grippy rubber.
Maybe a bit faster than Mars.
Saturn is slower and tackier than Earth.

In think in 25 days i will try them.

e-pingpongshop
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic