Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Omega I and Plasma 430

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Omega I and Plasma 430
    Posted: 06/24/2007 at 10:36am
Anyone used these two rubbers?
Sponsored Links

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2007 at 3:26pm
I have used omega I and omega3 they are nice rubbers i think they are manufactured by donic.Nice topsheet kinda thick but durable kinda like bryce.the sponge reminds of the jo waldner sponge well at least on omega 3 the sponge on omega 1 reminds me of F1 as for plasma i have not tried it yet
priior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2007 at 3:43pm
i use plasma 430 now and i really like it. i also have a plasma 470 and i don't like it as much. i switched to the plasma 430 from mark V GPS and the "feel" was _much_ nicer... not to mention the rubber is much faster as well and much spinnier.

i can't compare it to any other rubbers.

note: i didn't speedglue the markV gps.. i cant compare to speedglued rubbers either.
priior
lim_chye301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lim_chye301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 12:08am
Hi Iam from singapore nice to see your request ,iam now useing the Xiom Omega II the feelling is less bow and the control is good ,drive,blocking you need to push a bit .If you like to drive you should try it .  
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 2:23am
Hi, Lim_chye301, welcome to the forum. 
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

lim_chye301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lim_chye301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 3:31am
Thanks ,by the way may i know which country are you from?you have sad that your knee caps pan do take care is a serious matter due to your age.
ryu seungminfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 5:41am
use both before. omega 1 is a great rubber. omega 1 can produce more spin than plasma 430. i feel that 430 is a slightly faster rubber but less controllable. omega 1 is more controllable and the feeling is better. omega does not require speed glue at all while 430 needs speedglue to play at it's best
blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 10:44am
Thank you all for the great comments!
ryu seungminfan, i am a fan of ryu seungmin too, do you think Omega 1 is suitable for japanese pen holder?

priior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 11:26am
Originally posted by ryu seungminfan ryu seungminfan wrote:

omega does not require speed glue at all while 430 needs speedglue to play at it's best

even tho andro strongly discourages using speedglue with the plasma 430? unless ur thinking of the Quad 480?
priior
Madbrazilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 12:27pm
Where can I get the omega rubbers (for that matter any xiom equipment) in the US?
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Killerspin Forza 4z 2.1 both sides
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 8:59pm
you can get xiom equipment at www.ilpp.com.tw their prices are very good.
send them an email for what you want and they will email you back with total cost incl.shipping.ordere about 6 sheets of rubbers cost about 7 dollars to ship to canada took about 8-9 days
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 9:28pm
As I am in Korea, I should say I know better of these rubbers. They brought in huge sensations since released. I am sure most korean tt players have used and liked them. It is being said that Omega 1 is almost like glued bryce while Omega 2 glued sriver, if you know how they play. O2 feels a bit harder than O2. I have once used both on my blade as tt equipment freaks here suggest(O2 on FH, O1 on BH). They both are powerful, spinny, controllable(even for me, a novice). They were designed for the korean tters who love to kill.(You know how RSM plays)
As someone mentioned above, the same european(probably German)  manufacturer of Nimbus, F1 and so many other rubbers, makes them.(I guess it's called "ESN".) I invite you all to try them. They are around USD 43 when bought in Korea.

Contact this guy. David Lee at [email protected]
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 4:09am
to hjyoo99

How about their durablity?
 and maybe, can you say (in degees) about hardness of the sponges on them Omega1  Omega2. (you can compare to other rubbers)/
and which one is harder(you mad a mistake in the message)?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 8:20am
well actually it's speed-glueable for plasma 430.maybe it won't last that long, but plays better(just my opinion) jpenlover i think omega is a perfect rubber for j-pen. it's play great. gives u the power u want, and the control and feeling u want

right hander

nothing without labour
carlosfz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosfz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 8:46am
Where did you buy it
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 8:48am
you can get the omega series at www.ilpp.com.tw for $29us a sheet and other xiom stuff
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 11:53am
ryu seungminfan, thanks a lot for the info. I will give it a try.
songyip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote songyip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 12:20pm
If Omega II compared with Butterfly Bryce, which is better(include spin and speed comparision)?!

Thanks a lot!

regards, 
thenam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 2:31pm
I would disagree with ryu seungmin fan....

Omega 1 has more speed, but less control and spin than Plasma 430...

Omega 1 is faster than plasma 430,

and Omega 2 is faster than Plasma 470.

As I AM Korean, I read a lot of forum articles that are written in Korean by Koreans,

and every body who have used plasma 430 and omega1 says same as I do.

In Korea, seems like more people are using o1 and o2 than plasma 430, 470.

And durability of Omega series are almost same as Plasma series and Nimbus.

Bryce vs Omega 2...

I would say speed glued Bryce is better...

High Tension rubbers are getting closed to speed glue effect...

If Omega 2 was better, why wouldn't pro players use O2, 430, or Nimbus.

Even Ryu Seungmin uses Omega3, which it needs speed glue..

Darker Speed90 10mm (Jpen) Butterfly Kreanga Carbon (ST)
FH - Yasaka V-Stage (max)     FH - Butterfly Bryce Speed (2.1)
BH - Yasaka V-Stage (2.0)      BH - Tibhar Nimbus (max)
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 6:27pm
Maybe it is also a matter of habitualness

They glue all their professional tableTennis life... so they prefer to glue no matter what.

hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 6:35pm
They last for like 2 months if you take good care of them, cleaning after use, protective films, and stuff. Like I wrote above, its one of the tensor bios, so there's not much difference.
And yes, I mistyped when I meant O2(47.5 degrees) feels harder O1(45).
What they are saying is that Omega 1, 2 shows the speedglue effect of 70% of the perfectly glued bryce and sriver. To enjoy the luxury of not having to glue your rubbers everytime you play and uniform level of speedglue effect, you have to sacrifice the rest 30% of it.
Yes thenam must have read same articles in the same korean forum.
The only reason I am using plasma 470 now is that its cheaper than Omegas by usd 13.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 6:43pm
by usd 13??!!!!!!

where do you buy your rubbers?
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 6:46pm
It is 3-4 euro difference. Not more
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 7:04pm

Sorry, I made a mistake. Its USD 8-9. They are selling Plazmas at a promotional price.

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 10:24pm
www.ilpp.com.tw selling the omega series rubbers for $29us a sheet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2007 at 7:58am
plasma are more brittle, plasma tend to chip off more easily. omega is more durable
right hander

nothing without labour
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2007 at 2:20pm
Do Omega I and II have the loud sound as a glued Bryce when you hit the ball?
thenam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2007 at 5:44pm

it does have a loud sound.

but glued bryce has more sound.

i think even Nimbus has loud sound than Omega
Darker Speed90 10mm (Jpen) Butterfly Kreanga Carbon (ST)
FH - Yasaka V-Stage (max)     FH - Butterfly Bryce Speed (2.1)
BH - Yasaka V-Stage (2.0)      BH - Tibhar Nimbus (max)
geek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 2:16pm
this thread is really confusing, from xiom website it looks like
Omega I is for speed and Omega 2 is for control.

But  I did see some comments that say otherwise?. I am planning on getting Omega 2 since it helps dwell time and has better control?. Is Xiom website wrong in rating the rubbers?.

Any suggestions are helpful.
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 4:19pm
What theNam and hjyou99 said seems to accord with the general consensus on the nets. I have played with Omega I, Plasma 430, sriver/bryce and would agree with them as well.

As a sidenote, if you're still a developing player, tensor rubbers might not be the best choice. They tend to reward an aggressive game that requires correct form/consistency.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic