Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Softer chinese rubber" exists?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Netherlands '91 Netherlands '91 wrote:

Hm I'll still suggest the Globe 999 Topsheet on a 42 or <42 degrees Saviga sponge.
Thanks, I�ll note this setup and try someday.
My fear is glue the topsheet and sponge...For this I look to a rubber complete...

oh, a note...The LKT that I tryed was red, I believe black is more spinnier...

Thanks again!

[]�s
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 9:38am
I do the glueing of the top and sponge. I have quattro sponges coming in today, and it seems like dawei has tweaked the quattro sponges in nicely in the batch of quattro rubber I got last week. So I can make a 999 over quattro sponge for you now. Unglued, I think that will be better than saviga.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I have quattro sponges coming in today, and it seems like dawei has tweaked the quattro sponges in nicely in the batch of quattro rubber I got last week.

Price? When can I buy it?
Please update your website.
Netherlands '91 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netherlands '91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Mutley-BR Mutley-BR wrote:

Hm I'll still suggest the Globe 999 Topsheet on a 42 or <42 degrees Saviga sponge.

My fear is glue the topsheet and sponge...For this�I look to a rubber complete...

Thanks again!

[]�s

Hm the Topsheet and Sponge are already stuck together when u receive it at home; you don't have to do it yourself
Second one is 999 Elite Nano that was the name of the Globe999 Topsheet/Couga Sponge?

Well these 2 are exactly what you're looking for, BUT I really suggest em in black as it's spinnier due to the dye, yes.

Good Luck!
Ma Lin Carbon
Globe999/Saviga
Inspirit

Donic Opticon
FH: Bryce
FH: Mambo H
BH: Almana Sound
BH: Sriver

BTY VSG Twist III
Stiga Classic All+
Waldner Senso Carbon
2x Sriver G2
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netherlands '91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 6:36pm
P.S. @ BogeyHunter:

http://ColesTT.Com
Is his official online shop!

Good luck.
Trustable dealer as well!

Edit: Sorry you said UPDATE the site; I thought u asked NOTE the site(A)

And second one: WHEN can I buy it; I read WHERE can I buy it...

Sorry, it's kinda late for me as I'm very tired.
So I go to bed now and gonna sleep.

Good night all
Ma Lin Carbon
Globe999/Saviga
Inspirit

Donic Opticon

BTY VSG Twist III
Stiga Classic All+
Waldner Senso Carbon
2x Sriver G2
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2007 at 3:38am
even under 802-40?
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2007 at 5:49am
@ YATTP

I've enjoyed reading your comments in the past for LKT Torrent and Faster ESN both of which I have purchased.  I've also read your positive reviews for the 729-2 Sensor but it wasn't for me.  I was just curious if you've ever tried Cream MRS and compared it to the other three I have mentioned.  For me, it has some of the best catapult effect.
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2007 at 10:13am

My fear is glue the topsheet and sponge...For this I look to a rubber complete...
Thanks again!
[]�s

Hm the Topsheet and Sponge are already stuck together when u receive it at home; you don't have to do it yourself
Second one is 999 Elite Nano that was the name of the Globe999 Topsheet/Couga Sponge?
Well these 2 are exactly what you're looking for, BUT I really suggest em in black as it's spinnier due to the dye, yes.
Good Luck!
Thanks again!...
I�m really very curious about this Elite Nano...
I�m looking how can I buy... And the Nakata says to me that EN exists only in black version...SmileSmile

[]�s
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2007 at 10:37am
It will price the same as saviga sponge. Also, I got this batch of sprungfeder topsheets put onto firmer saviga sponges. It seemed a better match for that older, harder formulation of quattro to have it under a tackier topsheet.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
patlu08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patlu08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2007 at 1:13am
999t on quattro plays so nicely...
Stiga OC CR - no wrb
FH: Globe 999t/Quattro 2.0
BH: Sriver L 1.9
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2007 at 6:01pm
Cole, have you tried Cream on quattro sponge?

A good soft chinese rubber is Sword King, use it on a stiff carbon blade.
Another soft rubber is globe 999t on japanese sponge, but I don't like it to much because it is high throw and the sponge it's not to resistant, when I peeled the glue from it small bits of sponge were removed also.
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2007 at 9:07pm
i dont get why you would want a soft sponge chinese rubber
dosnt the hard sponge add to the spin becouse it has to graze more and pulls more than sinks?
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2007 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by wawaicetea123 wawaicetea123 wrote:

dosnt the hard sponge add to the spin becouse it has to graze more and pulls more than sinks?
Basically, I want a soft sponge with topsheet Chinese because I using rubber Japanese since my start in the sport, and when I tried an normal H2, strange too the touch, not allowing me to the half-distance game...
In a rubber sponge with more softly, I�ll have the feeling more like the Japanese who have played.

[]�s
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2007 at 11:48pm
oi mutley sou br?
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2007 at 12:03am

Basically, I want a soft sponge with topsheet Chinese because I using rubber Japanese since my start in the sport, and when I tried an normal H2, strange too the touch, not allowing me to the half-distance game...
In a rubber sponge with more softly, I�ll have the feeling more like the Japanese who have played.

[]�s

a soft sponge is not always faster from mid distance it depends on the sponge,I believe the majority of Chinese soft sponges are fairly slow
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2007 at 8:18am
Originally posted by alfie alfie wrote:

[]�s
a soft sponge is not always faster from mid distance it depends on the sponge,I believe the majority of Chinese soft sponges are fairly slow
U are right, but other detail is the spin of the chinese rubbers...
Because this, I started the search for a softer chinese, looking to combine the better of these 2 types of rubber: euro/jap and chinese.
Never forget that I always play with speed glue.

About speed... My blade is a 5ply kiri+carbon, so speed its does the work.

Until my Elite Nano comes, I tested the LKT Pro XT black, and it is almost what to looking like ideal, good spin, good feeling, and in a mid-distance was very good. I hope that EN is more spinnier
and my quest will come to the end... SmileSmile

[]�s
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2007 at 8:29am
Originally posted by PingPangQiu PingPangQiu wrote:

oi mutley sou br?
I sended a MP to U...

[]�s
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netherlands '91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2007 at 11:45am
Hm what about the new sponges though?
Is the 999 Elite Nano built-in glue effect? Heard Juic Couga is soft, so nice for glueing, but when glue is banned, I don't like spending hours to let my layers glue dry and so on.
Prefer Built-In Glue effect

How about the new Globe999/Quattro sponge then? That one is nice as well I heard! Someone can describe it please?
Ma Lin Carbon
Globe999/Saviga
Inspirit

Donic Opticon

BTY VSG Twist III
Stiga Classic All+
Waldner Senso Carbon
2x Sriver G2
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2007 at 6:41pm
The Elite nano sponge is a softer version of the Couga sponge. The Couga is about 40deg, the Nano about 34deg. The nano is mildly tacky but quite fast for a tacky rubber with a sponge that soft...but nothing like the speed of the Couga.... This is unglued... obviously glued there is quite a boost and the sponge reacts very well to glue...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2007 at 11:16pm
Cole. I saw this sponge info at yr website.
What thinkness/hardness do you have?
I want 1.8 mm - 35' for inverted and 1.2 or 1.4 - 30' for long pips.

ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2007 at 3:20am
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

Cole. I saw this sponge info at yr website.
What thinkness/hardness do you have?
I want 1.8 mm - 35' for inverted and 1.2 or 1.4 - 30' for long pips.

he told me a few days ago that it's only available in 40deg 2.2mm
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2008 at 12:35pm

...I hope that EN is more spinnier
and my quest will come to the end... SmileSmile
[]�s
Hello again!...
The 999EN comes...And my tests begin...
My search continues...CryCry... THe EN is a great rubber, fast, and in moments has both euro feel and chinese feel, but my hope was the EN with more spin...The 999 topsheet in EN is mid-tacky when compare to TG3.

I�ll continue tests, the next to test are:

-729 Higher III (JS);
-Nittaku H3 (JS);
-Palio CJ8000 36-38 (JS);

Anyone has a rubber with topsheet TG3 and sponge Nano?...LOLLOLLOL

[]�s
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic