Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

"Softer chinese rubber" exists?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Softer chinese rubber" exists?
    Posted: 06/30/2007 at 4:23pm
Hi to all...

Iļæ½m looking in forum, but I didnļæ½t found this answer to my question...  ;-)

In my beginning, use a lot of Srivers FX, and with trainning and trainning, I start to test rubbers with more spin in fore. I tested H2, but strange the harder sponge...Try Hammond (and adore the speed), after try BryceFX...And now, reading in other foruns, resove to test TG3...

I like the speed and feel from TG3, but my question is the name of topic...Is the TG3 the chinese topsheet with more spin with sponge more soft??

Thks!!!
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
Sponsored Links

WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2007 at 4:28pm
ive never personally used this rubber but maybe the geospin tacky?
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2007 at 4:33pm
I also like nice tacky chinese topsheets but prefer softer sponges. Among all the ones I've tried, Globe999 on Saviga sponge (hardness of your choice) was the best. One of the spinniest rubbers with enough speed and very lively play even unglued. Cole can help you if you decide to try it.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2007 at 4:34pm
yeah, a H2 or H3 topsheet on a saviga sponge, or you could also do 999 on a saviga. Cole sells them

Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2007 at 4:39pm
hummm.....thanks 4 all...
is difficult to find topsheet of H2 ?
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2007 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I also like nice tacky chinese topsheets but prefer softer sponges. Among all the ones I've tried, Globe999 on Saviga sponge (hardness of your choice) was the best. One of the spinniest rubbers with enough speed and very lively play even unglued. Cole can help you if you decide to try it.

And from the rubbers "originals"?...
Which of them is softest?
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2007 at 4:52pm
you can choose the thickness and hardness of the sponge any where from 35-45 degrees and thickness from 1.8 to 2.3. If you are interested contact Cole,
at, http://www.colestt.com/topsheets-sponges.php

MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2007 at 8:09am
You can try Nittaku Hurricane with japanese sponge if you are looking for a topsheet like TG but with softer sponge. Another soft sponge all-chinese rubber is DHS Dipper.
lucioping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucioping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2007 at 9:05am
DHS G555 has 36ļæ½ sponge
ping pong website www.eachengit.com
BL: Dr.neubauer Barricade
FH: DHS G666 2,2mm
Bh: RITC 802 1,0mm
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2007 at 10:29am
Originally posted by lucioping lucioping wrote:

DHS G555 has 36ļæ½ sponge

hummm.... Interesting...
I found in other site about "friendship 729FX SuperSoft"...Anyone tryed?
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2007 at 6:19pm
If you're looking for reviews on that one, it's often called fxel.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2007 at 8:59pm
globe liqin 38 degrees, geospin tacky, lkt xt pro, globe 999
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2007 at 9:14pm
maybe focus III ?? Or the nittaku Hurricanes ??
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Mutley-BR Mutley-BR wrote:

Hi to all...

Iļæ½m looking in forum, but I didnļæ½t found this answer to my question...  ;-)

In my beginning, use a lot of Srivers FX, and with trainning and trainning, I start to test rubbers with more spin in fore. I tested H2, but strange the harder sponge...Try Hammond (and adore the speed), after try BryceFX...And now, reading in other foruns, resove to test TG3...

I like the speed and feel from TG3, but my question is the name of topic...Is the TG3 the chinese topsheet with more spin with sponge more soft??

Thks!!!

Sword King sponsored to HK TEAM very soft but also has good speed as well. Hardness is about 36-39. German technology.
Pongz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 3:35am
You could try CJ8000 middle table loop/attack model 36-38degree. It is quite soft and tacky.
Butterfly Sardius
FH Donic Barracuda
BH Tibhar MX-P
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 7:21am
729 Super Soft FX, i have one in 2.0 and it is very soft and very light
it has written on the back 33*, it feels as soft as my Coppa tagora, only slower

so if u want the softest chinese rubber i think u want the super soft FX

but if u ask me coppa tagora and mark V 30* are waaaay better
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 8:38am

729 Focus 3 is nice and soft

lucioping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucioping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

729 Focus 3 is nice and soft

do you think you can use Focus 3 without fresh glue? I think not so fast
ping pong website www.eachengit.com
BL: Dr.neubauer Barricade
FH: DHS G666 2,2mm
Bh: RITC 802 1,0mm
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 4:36pm
no it's way too slow for that you must glue it!

if you want something chinese and soft without have to using speed glue give spintech Jade SV a try!
pwrlooper18 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwrlooper18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 4:39pm
Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood(84g)
Forehand Rubber: Hurricane 3- provincial verson
Backhand Rubber: Hurricane 3

It is better to play your opponent's weaknesses than to play your strengths...
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 4:49pm
LKT Torrent is the best Chinese speed glue effect rubber I've seen so far.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 5:22pm
Is that really a build in speed glue effect rubber? I don't think so!
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 5:27pm
It is.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by YATTP YATTP wrote:

It is.

have you really tried it yourself? How does this play? Can you compare it to Mark V?
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 5:55pm
Yes, I've played with it. It's totally different than Mark V. It seems to have a more recent tensor sponge (white, quite soft). The topsheet is very thin, soft and elastic. It has an interesting pip geometry. The pips are conical. Huge on top and becoming smaller towards the sponge.
The topsheet is only very slightly tacky and very spinny. This rubber has a nice catapult effect, good spin and good speed. It's nice for looping. This rubber is good for slow loops which has been a problem with some of the other new speed glue effect rubbers. No problem with Torrent. Torrent is also very good for straight shots e.g. bh counter because of the large pips.
The rubber is more fragile than the other Chinese rubbers I have tried.
Considering it's price this rubber is very good.
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 10:21pm

Thks to all by answers...Give me several possibilities, and about "glueing", Iļæ½ll glue with speed glue...

Iļæ½ll wait 2008 and the other news from trademarks of TT for choose rubbers to play in new rules...

[]ļæ½s

Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 12:12am
Hi to All!...
Iļæ½m testing the recommended rubbers...

Tryed Focus III: Really soft and very good feeling.
Now testing LKT Silver Dragon: Good surprise, very good feeling and topsheet more tacky than FIII.

My only problem is that in this time, I like very much the spin of TG3...And all other rubbers appear to me with much less spin than TG3 (and really have).

With same degree of LKT and FIII, exists some chinese with spin of a TG3 ??

Thanks 4 all!
(Iļæ½m the crazy man in my club who testing other materials other than Bty)

Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
Netherlands '91 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netherlands '91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 3:21am
Hm I'll still suggest the Globe 999 Topsheet on a 42 or <42 degrees Saviga sponge.

Because:
- Globe 999 = Very much spin; one of rubbers which generates most spin.
- Saviga = Softer feel than the originaal chinese hard sponges. So I'd say take a 42 degrees sponge ļæ½r less. Not the 45!

- Saviga is much springier (like glued euro rubbers) when glued and almost compares to the sound of mambo when glued!
Ma Lin Carbon
Globe999/Saviga
Inspirit

Donic Opticon
FH: Bryce
FH: Mambo H
BH: Almana Sound
BH: Sriver

BTY VSG Twist III
Stiga Classic All+
Waldner Senso Carbon
2x Sriver G2
korearulz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korearulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 4:51am
wat about G666 it's quite soft
Official XIOM Distributor of New Zealand & Australia
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 7:15am
Hey Mutley! I'm here too folk! I have a sheet of the new Juic 999 Elite Nano, have you heard about it? It's very spinny (same topsheet of 999) and very soft (Couga sponge).
Phenom st/BW3/Ī©3Euro ā— Photino st/Ī©4Pro/R7S ā— Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic