Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

what blade should i buy....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMWM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMWM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what blade should i buy....
    Posted: 07/02/2007 at 10:34pm
well.... i'm penholder player....... i'm looking for a blade like Butterfly Matsush*ta Pro....

the point is... i'm penholder.... and this blade is a shakehand one....... i did post about this and u guys told me that its ok for a penholder to use a shakehand blade.....

now... i also wanna know if there is a penholder blade like matsush*ta pro overthere.......or what blade do u recommend me ?
Sponsored Links

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 11:07pm
i don't know if you guys noticed this, but penhold blades tend to have a bigger head than shakehand blades. 
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
Hercules View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2007 at 11:49pm
What type of player you are? I used to use Darker Tanpan shakehand as a penhold. If you prefer driving, smashing, looping, blocking, and serving, one ply Darker blade will be good for you. I started with Darker blade J speed 50 Jpen (Off-), and then Tanpan shakehand (off) (used as penhold), now using J speed 90 Cpen (off+). J speed 90 has fast block, fast drive, flick ball on the table, loop attack and fast smash.

- Darker J speed 50 Jpen (smash, dirve and push in distance)
- Darker Tanpan shakehand (loop, smash, push and serve in close table or distance table)
- Darker J speed Cpen (drive, fast loop, smash, block and serve in close table or distance table)

I tried more than fifteen blades. I've spent a lot for the blades. Don't depend on many ply or layers. Pure one ply wood is the most consistant (recommand Darker brand one ply).  Darker  brand is the  best in one ply blade.
You don't have to waste your money to try all kind of blades. I already spent from my experience. Don't waste your time and money. One ply is the best for penhold player.
Hercules

reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2007 at 2:34am
matsu pro seems more like a defensive blade, so i'm guessing you play more of a block/control game, unfortunately i don't really know of any defensive rated cpen blades, but for something with a lot of feel and kind of slow speed:  yasaka extra, you could also try some stiga oc series with more of a dampened feel.  but for the money, yasaka extra is a nice blade.
as for the one ply blades being the best for penholders, i never played with one, so i have no saying about that, but i have my doubts with it being the absolute best seeing that no world class cpen players i know of use one ply.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic