Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

best glue with ecolo expander II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best glue with ecolo expander II
    Posted: 07/04/2007 at 2:07pm
I have a question: what�s the best glue to hold a rubber treated by ecolo expander II?
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2007 at 4:24pm
Any rubber cement that you applied at least 4 coats and put in a press afterwards!
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2007 at 4:47pm
Falco Tempo Unlimited is a new water based speed glue that is much more sticky than rubber cement and it has pretty good speed glue effects that last for many days.    I found that when I used rubber cement or basic chack or speed glue on an EEII treated rubber, the rubber curled too strongly for the glue to hold it flat to the blade.   The Falco Tempo Unlimited will definitely hold it flat.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2007 at 4:47pm

After applying EEII my gluing technique is this:-

1) Allow an extra day for the EEII to dry even when it looks completely dry.
2) Place a tissue on the surface of the sponge and apply a little pressure to ensure any excess EEII is removed from near the surface (even though it looks completely dry).
3) Apply 1 good coat of glue to the blade (I make the outer 1cm of the blade rough with rough sandpaper), 4 good coats to the rubber and leave overnight to fully dry. Personally I use speed glue for this as it seems to dry more fully.
4) Attach the rubber to the blade and apply a good edging tape to the bat.

I have not needed to clamp yet.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2007 at 9:49pm
Theoretically any type of glue should be just fine.  If the rubber is heavily treated by EE2 and it curls up a lot, then just put a few more extra coats of glue to get some buildups.  Use wet glue method only if you have some sort of press, such as Yasaka Clicky Press.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2007 at 10:49pm
The key is step 2 in Juan King Carlo description!

2 layers of rubber cement on the rubber and a thin one on the blade has always done the trick for me...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2007 at 11:41pm
If you've got a hard rubber with strong curl due to EE II then I've had trouble with getting H3 to stick with 2 coats of rubber cement and a coat on the blade.  I've found that the rubber would lift off the blade down by the handle and up by the blade tip at 1 and 11 o'clock.    I had to let the curl caused by the rubber cement die down before putting it on the blade.    This is why I recommended the FALCO.  I haven't tried it with an EEII treated hard sponge, but it is so much stickier than rubber cement that its got to work great.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic