Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

review of synergy tech and inspirit quattro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Madbrazilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: review of synergy tech and inspirit quattro
    Posted: 07/08/2007 at 1:35am
Both these rubbers have certainly had a lot of hype surrounding them.
I finally got my hands on a sheet of Almana Sound Synergy Tech in 2.0
I put that on my ishlion.
I also treated a sheet of dawei inspirit quattro 2.2 in 35 degree sponge with three layers of EEII. I wasn't planning to glue it but my other rubber ripped in the middle of a tournament so I had to glue it. Today I got back home and removed all the glue.
I'll be playing this week and I don't plan to glue so I'll give a review of these two rubbers and how they play without glue.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Killerspin Forza 4z 2.1 both sides
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 10:38pm
Day 1:
I played the whole day with this combo and let me start out by saying that I am VERY impressed. Especially with the stiga synergy rubber.
Since this is the one that no one seems to have played with, I'll start out with it.
This is the synergy tech version of almana sound. I had never used the normal version of almana sound or any other stiga rubber for that matter. The rubber is very soft. Softer than the 35 degree version of inspirit quattro and perhaps a little softer than sriver fx. It's right around there. The topsheet is very tacky considering it's a euro rubber but I have a feeling that it's just a matter of time before I "break it in". The hands down best part about this rubber is the sound. The sound is very loud. It's louder than my joola energy with three layers of EEII, louder than the inspirit quattro with three layers of EEII. It's sound is about as loud as a sheet of cermet or mambo glued. Yea that's how loud it is. The sound is not exactly like speed glue but it's the closest thing I've heard in a non-glued rubber. It's a fast, spinny, bouncy rubber that comes fairly close to a good speed glue effect. I think with water based glue, it will feel just as good as, if not better than your normal speed glued rubber. After this week, I am going to remove the glue buildup and treat it with EEII and see what happens.
the inspirit quattro treated with EEII is also a good rubber. It is a little bouncier than the almana rubber. However it doesn't produce much of a sound, only when you get near perfect contact. The rubber feel very much like it glued. In fact, if I wasn't used to the massive effect that keeping your rubber in a press gives, I would think it was glued. It's feel very good, fast and spinny. As long as you're not looking for a loud sound, this is a strong option.
All in all, these two rubbers are great speed glue alternatives. I have a feeling that Almana sound synergy treated with EEII will be the best feeling that I have ever gotten given the performance that I have gotten with the almana rubber. 
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 11:06pm
just played today with my inspirit quattro...Max 2.3 with 2 layers of speed glue...wow it was way too fast for me...couldnt control lots of the shots...i think i may have to settle without speed glue for inspirit quattro....its only my 2nd time playing with it but i hope that its just im not used to it yet.
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

just played today with my inspirit quattro...Max 2.3 with 2 layers of speed glue...wow it was way too fast for me...couldnt control lots of the shots...i think i may have to settle without speed glue for inspirit quattro....its only my 2nd time playing with it but i hope that its just im not used to it yet.

Is that the 35deg sponge version?

Forgive me for asking, but I know that with the older 'tensioned' or 'pre-glued' rubbers (Tango, Catapult, Desto F1, F2, Rapid D.T.e.c.s etc) you weren't supposed to speed glue them at all, I take it that isn't the case with some of these newer rubbers like the Quattro?

And any comparisons to what it felt like compared to any other rubbers?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 11:52pm
I've used Desto F1 and F3 with and without glue....

The manufacturers warn you about glueing, even with the new generation of rubber, but there doesn't seem to be any negative effects that I've seen so far.

The I.Q was 40 degree version. 

It was....faster than bryce glued....but wasn't as soft(i'd prefer if i bought 35 deg sponge instead)....thats expected....pushing was real easy, much easier than with Desto F1.  But the problem was and still is...I can't seem to generate enough spin on my serves and loop drives as before....but coming from H3...I guess thats normal. 
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 12:39am
Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

But the problem was and still is...I can't seem to generate enough spin on my serves and loop drives as before....but coming from H3...I guess thats normal. 

yup that's probably normal
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 12:42am
My sheet of quattro didn't have nearly as much sound the first day or two as it does now, a week later.

Are you saying that stiga rubber was mambo loud without glue?  That truly woudl be something.  How much does it cost?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 11:26am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

My sheet of quattro didn't have nearly as much sound the first day or two as it does now, a week later.

Are you saying that stiga rubber was mambo loud without glue?  That truly woudl be something.  How much does it cost?

That's exactly what I'm saying. That sheet was crazy loud. When I glued it, it felt like it had 10 layers of glue on it, I'm not exaggerating. It was almost a little too much. Because it reacted so well to speed glue, I'm guessing that putting EEII on it will also have favorable effects.

the cost wasn't too bad, I think around 37 dollars.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 11:34am
ping dash pong dot com wants like $60 for a sheet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

ping dash pong dot com wants like $60 for a sheet

Like $60 = Price: US$38.45  CAN$40.37?
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Madbrazilian Madbrazilian wrote:

Day 1:
I played the whole day with this combo and let me start out by saying that I am VERY impressed. Especially with the stiga synergy rubber.
Since this is the one that no one seems to have played with, I'll start out with it.
This is the synergy tech version of almana sound. I had never used the normal version of almana sound or any other stiga rubber for that matter. The rubber is very soft. Softer than the 35 degree version of inspirit quattro and perhaps a little softer than sriver fx. It's right around there. The topsheet is very tacky considering it's a euro rubber but I have a feeling that it's just a matter of time before I "break it in". The hands down best part about this rubber is the sound. The sound is very loud. It's louder than my joola energy with three layers of EEII, louder than the inspirit quattro with three layers of EEII. It's sound is about as loud as a sheet of cermet or mambo glued. Yea that's how loud it is. The sound is not exactly like speed glue but it's the closest thing I've heard in a non-glued rubber. It's a fast, spinny, bouncy rubber that comes fairly close to a good speed glue effect. I think with water based glue, it will feel just as good as, if not better than your normal speed glued rubber. After this week, I am going to remove the glue buildup and treat it with EEII and see what happens.
the inspirit quattro treated with EEII is also a good rubber. It is a little bouncier than the almana rubber. However it doesn't produce much of a sound, only when you get near perfect contact. The rubber feel very much like it glued. In fact, if I wasn't used to the massive effect that keeping your rubber in a press gives, I would think it was glued. It's feel very good, fast and spinny. As long as you're not looking for a loud sound, this is a strong option.
All in all, these two rubbers are great speed glue alternatives. I have a feeling that Almana sound synergy treated with EEII will be the best feeling that I have ever gotten given the performance that I have gotten with the almana rubber. 

Madbrazilian, have you played with Andro Plasma 430 before? It produces loud sound too when I played with it. I am wondering how does Andro Plasma 430 compare to the synergy tech version of almana sound.

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 2:20pm
i have the original almana sound and it is way loud as well you get that really nice corky pop sound.
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 9:46pm
I've briefly hit with plasma 430. My friend is using it right now and I think that the sound that almana sound synergy produces is substantially louder.

after another day of playing with this (stiga) rubber, I've gotten to like it even more. It just feels so dam good! This time I really think I hit the jackpot.

Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2007 at 1:12am
 I use the Plasma 430 and it doesn't really make much of a sound at all, especially compared to speed glued rubbers. I'm treating some with EEII right now so when that's done I can see if it makes much of a noise or not.

@ Madbrazilian; From your brief hit with the Plasma 430, can you provide any comparison between it and the Inspirit Quattro- in terms of speed, spin, control etc, not too worried about the sound Smile
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2007 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Atomica Atomica wrote:

I use the Plasma 430 and it doesn't really make much of a sound at all, especially compared to speed glued rubbers. I'm treating some with EEII right now so when that's done I can see if it makes much of a noise or not.

@ Madbrazilian; From your brief hit with the Plasma 430, can you provide any comparison between it and the Inspirit Quattro- in terms of speed, spin, control etc, not too worried about the sound Smile

Hmm......interesting. I had my Plasma 430 on a Kim Taek Soo blade and I was making the loudest sound at the club where I played!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2007 at 11:37am
jpenlover: I think it's a different story with penhold, especially with these tensor rubbers. I feel like they get much more sound given penhold. It's just a thought. Could be that you get very good contact on your strokes.

Atomica: The two rubbers felt similar actually. I only hit once or twice with the IQ without the eeii and I thought that without EEII, the plasma plays better.
I thought that the plasma had a better overall feel to it and felt a little more like glue. In terms of speed, I think that the IQ wins, but in terms of spin, I would say that the plasma wins. In control department, the two are both satisfactory although I liked the feel of plasma better. What I'm not taking into account here is the "breaking in" time of the IQ. players have said that I need to give a while before it feels prime.
I am also interested to know the effects of EEII on plasma
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2007 at 11:47am
Madbrazilian, I think you are right that pen-hold rackets produce louder sound.
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2007 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by jpenlover jpenlover wrote:

Originally posted by Atomica Atomica wrote:

Hmm......interesting. I had my Plasma 430 on a Kim Taek Soo blade and I was making the loudest sound at the club where I played!

Last night I glued my Plasma 430 and Desto F2 onto a TSP Reflex blade, using normal glue (butterfly clean chack) and it had a much louder sound on that blade. Both rubbers sounded like they had a layer of speed glue on them, so I think the blade and a fresh gluing definitely affects the sound quite a bit.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2007 at 8:09pm
I am Just interested, if This new stiga line of synergy tech has harder sponge options with their technology (like plasma 470, QUAD 480).
Because, as i know, almana, almana sound, and Innova ultra light all were very soft rubbers.(before this new technology).
I like they have some Magna synergy Tech - i would like to try

Cry

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2007 at 8:11pm
maybe somthing about approximately  45 degrees ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2007 at 11:48pm
Yea one thing about the almana sound. It is VERY soft. It's softer than almost anything I've used. Once I've adjusted, it doesn't bother me much but I was looking for a harder sponge synergy tech rubber.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2007 at 8:50am
hm, so u can speed glue the synergy rubbers with speed glues? i thought it should only be used with stiga aqua energy glue. have the speed glue damaged the rubber in any way a few weeks after or something? or is it safe?
if its safe for reg speed glue, id like to give it a shot :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2007 at 5:14pm
Well I only did it once. The effect was almost too much. I don't think that I'm going to do it again.  It probably won't ruin the rubber as I don't think it's exactly a tensor. Here's the thing when I took it off my blade it curled insanely, only the opposite way that the rubber curls when you speedglue. If anybody has used the Dawei Sprungfeder they'll know what I'm talking about.  but so far there hasn't been any damage. I don't put one thin layer of glue on it though.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 6:54am
ok, so just use normal glue =)
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 12:10pm
yea, until there are some legal water based glues.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 3:25pm
Ok, Since i'm taking the week off. i'm going to treat the almana sound synergy with EEII and see what happens. This rubber has such a huge reverse curl, I'd be surprised if three thick layers of EEII even got it flat.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 3:53pm
Try comparing these rubbers with glue sheets. Be brave. See what the sheet offer IN THE RAW!!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 3:23am
But glue sheets risk damaging the blade though...and not to mention the ultra soft sponge of the Almana synergy.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 3:49am
did u prime the almana synergy?
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 12:01pm
Yea, a couple of layers of basic chack.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic