8 [4.47%]
11 [6.15%]
3 [1.68%]
6 [3.35%]
16 [8.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
kreanga_8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kreanga_8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Professional Backhand Poll
    Posted: 01/12/2005 at 11:31pm
Vote for who you think has the best backhand stroke
Butterfly Primorac-SBC
Sriver 1.9
Sriver 1.9

Play and Train with Rocket_Luc
kreanga_8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kreanga_8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2005 at 11:32pm

I think that Kreanga has the best backhand in the world

Crazy style !!!!!!!

Butterfly Primorac-SBC
Sriver 1.9
Sriver 1.9

Double Helix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Helix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2005 at 11:54pm
yep, kreanga's is crazy good
Primorac-FL
Sriver-EL
Bryce

Might change to chinese rubber on forehand
blackvampiremax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvampiremax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2005 at 11:57pm
by hao do u mean wang hao? anyway his back hand is awesome too.
blade: DHS Hurricane-WH (Penholder)
FH: DHS G666
BH: DHS H3
Double Helix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Helix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 12:05am
Originally posted by blackvampiremax blackvampiremax wrote:

by hao do u mean wang hao? anyway his back hand is awesome too.

he missed alot against liqin and ryu in olympics though
Primorac-FL
Sriver-EL
Bryce

Might change to chinese rubber on forehand

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvampiremax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 12:13am
not really, he hit more. it's just he used too many backhand loops... however he does need to improve his forehand tho.
dshaggy1717 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dshaggy1717 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 1:42am
I am new to this forum, actually this is my first post. I have watched alot of videos and Kreanga's backhand is the best.
ttnooblar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttnooblar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 2:01am
if only wang hao had ma lin's forehand. he'd be almost unbeatable then
fadli View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 2:53am
Kreanga ! He could event smash/counter-spin whatever that comes to his backhand
Blade : Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D & Stiga Optimum SYNC
FH : Hurricane 3 / Skyline 3
BH : Sriver EL
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 8:12am
yeah, ill have to say kreanga.....altho, schlagers backhand is not bad....its certinally not as HUGE as kreanga tho.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
Figueiredo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figueiredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 8:37am

Kreanga's backhand is really scaring... It's a real nightmare!

I download every Kreanga videos just to see him play the backhand... Amazing!

Left-Handed (Spin play from both wings, close/mid distance from table)
Favourite stroke: Backhand counter spin

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit ST
Rubbers: Sriver L 2.1
kreanga_8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kreanga_8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 9:07am
its scary how he can pull of such an amazing loop on that backhand side !!!!!!
Butterfly Primorac-SBC
Sriver 1.9
Sriver 1.9

Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 9:10am
In my opinion, Kreanga's, Wang Liqin and Wang Hao have great backhands against topspin, while Wang Liqin, Chuan and Schlager have great backhands against backspin for initiating attack.
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kreanga_8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 9:17am

Schlagers backhand is getting better but i still dont think hes in the same class as Wang Hao Kreanga or Ma lin

Im not taking anything away from Schlager though, He is really good

Butterfly Primorac-SBC
Sriver 1.9
Sriver 1.9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvampiremax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 1:12pm
ma lin's back hand is mainly variations on blocking(he's pretty good at that). but his back loop is no where near as good as wang hao's
DamienEloi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamienEloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 3:07pm
Kreanga's backhand is the most spectacular, but certainly not the best for the modern game.

Kreanga has problems with backhand/forehand integration. I think it is mainly because of his huge backhand stroke.

Kreanga's backhand close to the table is only average. He plays his style based on pure athleticism. But his huge stroke hinders his backhand close to the table.

Kreanga uses his backhand to cover the forehand side. So he increases the significance of his backhand at the expense of his style.

If you are looking for the most effective backhand, it would have to be Boll or Wang Hao. In the past it has been Primorac, and he is still up there, but these two are faster. Boll and Wang Hao can block, counterloop, punch, flip, anything, at any distance. You can't say that about Kreanga. When was the last time you saw Kreanga do an effective block with his backhand? Can Kreanga hold the table?

There is a video of Smirnov on this site from the Qatar Open 2003. He plays Kreanga in the quarterfinals. If you believe Kreanga's backhand is the best, you should see it matched up against Smirnov's backhand. There is no comparison. Smirnov topspins Kreanga off the table with his backhand. Time and time again, Kreanga cannot hold his ground close to the table against Smirnov, and he ends up getting destroyed.

Smirnov makes some backhands so incredible in this match, your jaw will drop.
kreanga_8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kreanga_8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 5:14pm

Modern game or not, Kreanga dominates on the backhand side

Butterfly Primorac-SBC
Sriver 1.9
Sriver 1.9

rocket_luc15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocket_luc15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 5:32pm
Chuan Chih Yuan has a good backhand, and also Liqin has a good bhand.

rocket_luc15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocket_luc15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 6:29pm
Timo Boll's backhand is also really good

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvampiremax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by DamienEloi DamienEloi wrote:

When was the last time you saw Kreanga do an effective block with his backhand? Can Kreanga hold the table?

i agree, kreanga's backhand power is second to none, but that doesn't mean his backhand is best. he power loops EVERYTHING that came to his back hand, and making many stupid mistakes. (one of the reason he lost the world cup to ma lin in 2004)
DamienEloi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamienEloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2005 at 7:02pm
Kreanga should have won that match. But I agree that his desire to counterattack everything on the backhand costs him. He is more willing to block with the forehand :)
jtl_koreanpride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtl_koreanpride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2005 at 8:53pm
I think Rosskopfs got a good backhand but his a bit too old now..... so his skillz went down... so did Perssons
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2005 at 9:18pm

Originally posted by DamienEloi DamienEloi wrote:

Kreanga has problems with backhand/forehand integration. I think it is mainly because of his huge backhand stroke.

this happens because he has to switch grips, i do the same when i backhand loop, i switch into a completely different grip to backhand loop. Then i have problems getting the right grip when i go for forehands, i think this happens to kreanga too.

clipper
magna
hammond
whp90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whp90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2005 at 11:07pm
Chuan is the best....
whp90
Gergely 21 ST
FH & BH Sriver G2 - Max
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2005 at 4:55am
What happened to Chiang Peng Lung? His backhand to backhand exchanges with Wang Hao were great. Truly a contrast of different sides of he same coin.
peterbald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2005 at 3:43am
Alex Smirnov is really good backhand looper and stroker
Andro Super Core Kinetic Explorer Off+
Andro Hexer 2.1mm
Tibhar D T-X
khaleel12686 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khaleel12686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2005 at 9:39am
kreanga has an entertaining backhand loop, but that doesn't mean his backhand is the best. he really doesn't block or flat hit the ball effectively with his backhand. it is a big flashy stroke that he needs time to set up. it is a nice shot to watch, but when pressured, his backhand falls apart. chuan has a great backhand because he can block, loop, and hit with his backhand. wang liqin has one of the steadiest backhands, like a wall. it is hard to hit through it. i don't think timo's backhand is that good because he can't really force the ball with his backhand. he is steady, but it is kind of slow. schlager has a very effective backhand. he can block well, rip the ball, and it has a lot of spin. he can use it close to the table or from off the table. this is why it is so effective. he has much more variation and stability from the backhand side when compared to kreanga.
Khaleel
vici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2005 at 8:03pm
I think we can all agree that Kreanga has the most spectacular and powerful backhand, but that doesn't mean it's the best. To be effective, the backhand must be able to not only smash/loop really strong, but also block/control location to keep your opponents on their toes. Kreanga's stroke is huge, but that mean it's good. Wang Hao, Ma Lin, Chiang Peng-Lung, Samsonov all have very effective backhands that can do more than break balls. Kreanga's backhand is entertaining to watch, but it's not exactly the best.
"Courage is ability to let go of the familiar"
ariel winter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariel winter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2005 at 8:27pm
petr korbel.
cold and freezing
kalinikos View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalinikos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2005 at 9:43pm
i would say by far kreanga who i have modeled my backhand after.  Mine is almost as good as his.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic