3 [1.68%]
6 [3.35%]
16 [8.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
PingPongPang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2005 at 2:58am
loop: Schlager (powerful and quick), Kreanga (big stroke and powerful)

add power blocking or hitting: Ai Fukuhara, Chen Jing, Waldner and me??? joking

Traditional penholder: Kim Taek Soo, Ryu Seung Min

New generation penholder: Wang Hao (more spin), Ma Lin (quick, very quick..)

Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
Dragev View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2005 at 8:48am

Fedor Kuzmin has an incredible backhand as well..

paulinhooo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulinhooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2005 at 10:40am

For japanese penholder style I would vote for chiang pen lung.

Chinese penholder would probably be Malin. Lots of variation when blocking. Wang Hao is much like Shakehand backhand, that doesnt mean this the best one. Since he usually loses rallies when changing backhand to backhand balls against consistent players.

I would say the most efective backhands are those ones with fast reaction. They donīt let the ball reach the highest point. This is the case of Wang Nam, Chen qi and Ayaso Umemura. These are for sure very efective backhands. Chaun Chi Yuan can also make lots of pressure with his backhand strokes.

OMG!
DaniloDividina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniloDividina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2005 at 3:44pm
Have you seen Aleksandar Karakasevic's Backhand?I think it is more powerful and accurate than Keanga's backhand.

Blade: Ma Lin Extra Offensive
FH: Hurricane III
BH: Stiga Carbo Sound
faux123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faux123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2005 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by PingPongPang PingPongPang wrote:

Ryu has a terrible BH.  His backhand is not even close to his coach Kim Tae Sook.  He can only block and occassionally use the BH sweeping attack on weak balls (and he missed more often than hit with that backhand sweeping attack of his).  Ryu is OVERRATED!!!  Just because he won the Olympic gold does NOT automatically make his strokes and techniques the best.  He's NOT consistent and he's been slipping in ranking eversince.  It is much easier to win a major championship then to be consistently good at the top of the world.  Look at MaLin and WangLiQin, they are both consistent and stayed no 2 and no 1 in the world for months.

Good penhold backhand players:

Ma Lin, Kim Tae Sook, Chiang Peng Long, Gao Jun (her backhand defense is amazing against other women players), Wang Hao (RPB), Liu GuoLiang, Jiang JiaLiang

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2005 at 9:30am
Actually is pretty much agreed upon by most of the Chinese coaches that Ryu Seung Min has a better backhand than Kim Taek Soo. His slower footwork basically forced him to work on a backhand. His push-block in more consistant and his serves are better, but compared to Kim Taek Soo his lobbing is pathetic.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2005 at 11:08am

Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Actually is pretty much agreed upon by most of the Chinese coaches that Ryu Seung Min has a better backhand than Kim Taek Soo. His slower footwork basically forced him to work on a backhand. His push-block in more consistant and his serves are better, but compared to Kim Taek Soo his lobbing is pathetic.

ryu better bh that kim taek soo, you're kidding right, ryu's bh is so terrible. Just because ryu works more on his bh dosent mean its more consistent.

alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2005 at 12:43pm
I think deng japing and chinag peng lung have the best bh and when wang hao just started out, I think he had the best bh since his bh was so new to the world
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2005 at 8:17pm
rosssssssssskopffffffffffffffffffffffff
clipper
magna
hammond
PingPongPang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2005 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by faux123 faux123 wrote:

Originally posted by PingPongPang PingPongPang wrote:

Ryu has a terrible BH. His backhand is not even close to his coach Kim Tae Sook. He can only block and occassionally use the BH sweeping attack on weak balls (and he missed more often than hit with that backhand sweeping attack of his). Ryu is OVERRATED!!! Just because he won the Olympic gold does NOT automatically make his strokes and techniques the best. He's NOT consistent and he's been slipping in ranking eversince. It is much easier to win a major championship then to be consistently good at the top of the world. Look at MaLin and WangLiQin, they are both consistent and stayed no 2 and no 1 in the world for months.

Good penhold backhand players:

Ma Lin, Kim Tae Sook, Chiang Peng Long, Gao Jun (her backhand defense is amazing against other women players), Wang Hao (RPB), Liu GuoLiang, Jiang JiaLiang

Considering jpenholder backhand block & added power block Ryu Seung Min is pretty good. Some say his added power block is even better than his coach (kim taek soo). You could be the judge who say yes or no. I'm not saying he's the best in his class. I don't really know since I've no played him. But just by watching his games, his backhand is quite efficient.

Lee Jung Woo, Chiang Peng Lung and Kim Taek Soo are good too. Korean style penhold backhand smash is definitely the best in the world.

Also, getting an Olympic Gold medal is not about overrated/underrated. It's his real deal. Ryu Seung Min's serve was his killer weapon in the Olympics. Remember how Waldner suffered in the semi-final? He's still one of the most dangerous threats for China. So I've no idea why you say that he's overrated. His stroke is somewhat close to Kim Taek Soo.

Consistency is another good point. Is hitting more consistent than looping?? You're comparing players that have different equipments. Is a F1 Ferrari faster than a WRC WRX?? for smooth surface/pavement F1 is of course thousand times faster. For rough surface and slippery surface, WRC cars with proper tires would grip and go. Same concept I can apply to PingPong. Ryu Seung Min don't power loop with his backhand if I remember rightonly control loop if you see it in a match. Ma Lin and Wang LiQin that you talked about both use backhand loop. They can both have a better control on the ball. If you argue about the consistency with players with different equipment I've nothing to say. Like I said, I listed Ryu in my Jpenholder catagory.

Sometimes I was amazed by Ryu Seung Min's backhand add power block. It's as fast/strong as shakehander's block. His stroke is just traditional (Korean). Personally I like Ryu Seung Min's stroke better than Kim Taek Soo's.

I was just listing who is on the top of its class in my opinion. If you argue about strokes and stuff, go ahead and say who you think is the best. And please don't push anything back to me. I'm just saying what I 've got in mind.
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
Sandokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2005 at 2:35pm
surely kreanga...
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2005 at 6:05pm

Originally posted by Sandokan Sandokan wrote:

surely kreanga...

kreanga hardly gets his big bh in a game. I think its the best but he rarely uses it.

zenmaster742 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenmaster742 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2005 at 9:00pm
Has anyone voted for Kong yet? His backhand has so much variation, consistancy, and accuracy. He rarely loses a backhand exchange because he just never misses. Also, he can kill loose balls down the line so easily. Even without the power of kreanga or some other players, kong can out hit pretty much everyone on the backhand side.
Mighty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2005 at 3:21pm
well i would say its kreanga, cuz his backhand looks just crazy.... even though i think boll has shown some nice backhands, too...
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2005 at 3:56pm

Originally posted by zenmaster742 zenmaster742 wrote:

Has anyone voted for Kong yet? His backhand has so much variation, consistancy, and accuracy. He rarely loses a backhand exchange because he just never misses. Also, he can kill loose balls down the line so easily. Even without the power of kreanga or some other players, kong can out hit pretty much everyone on the backhand side.

kong never misses until someone else goes to his fh in a rally. Its consistent but not always what is needed to win a point or what is needed to be considered the BEST backhand. His bh cant be garanteed to win every point he uses it in

sithlord101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sithlord101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2005 at 4:10am

Dear table tennis Avid fans... there are many reasons why kreanga have a crazy backhand over others. i have been trying to develop the backhand of kreanga myself and has not been near to it. first of all kreanga had a very physical training during his early years ( Gymnastics ) his arms, legs, and body is so flexible that he can do weird backhands with power and spins while others cannot. although no player can match the power of his backhands, This does not mean that his backhand is most effective. A lot of players in the top 10 have more effective backhands but has less power compared to kreanga. Also in this forum somebody said that "karakasevic's" backhand is more powerful than kreanga.....well i have seen karakasevic play and its true.....but he is not that consistent as kreanga and his backhand has less spin...just speed.....( this means to much power is really not that good ) karakasevic flaw is the selection of shots although he has quite a good imagination in creating his shots, it does not win him points at times. overall kreanga wins over karakasevic.

note: (for all fans that do not know who is karakasevic, he is the regular player of killerspin) 

felgre
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2005 at 5:07am
I'm glad someone's mentioned a) Oh Sang Eun and b) Kong.
Among older players,both Rosskopf (killer loop) and Persson (high flat smash) had two of the most exciting shots in the game.And how about the late Mr Grubba??
Kreanga is also really exciting to watch,but he wants to smash all the time.Oh,Kong and Smirnov (in the great Russian backhand tradition-Gomozkov,Mazunov etc) have the best controlled b/hs for my money.
isuckatTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isuckatTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 7:33pm
its had got to be kreanga all the way
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 7:46pm

Originally posted by isuckatTT isuckatTT wrote:

its had got to be kreanga all the way

have u even seen kreanga's bh b4?

isuckatTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isuckatTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 7:50pm
of course!!
its that one thats like some guy is swatting a misquito with a pingpong paddle in the air..
its sweet..
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 7:51pm

Originally posted by isuckatTT isuckatTT wrote:

of course!!
its that one thats like some guy is swatting a misquito with a pingpong paddle in the air..
its sweet..

thats pearson

isuckatTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isuckatTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 8:09pm
woops... sry.. i didnt know that..

then i think pearson has the best bh
hollielau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollielau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2005 at 4:49pm
obviously kreanga! he rocks my socks!
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2005 at 10:00pm
I have to say, I think that kreanga is overated, good bh but hardly uses it, same with shclager, but we al have are own definintions of best bh
fhlooper View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhlooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 1:30pm
you have all forgotten who best backhand actually belongs to. its king kong linghui. my coach told me that the entire chinese national team models its backhand off of kong linghui's. his loop is quick, powerful, and has huge kick. the stroke is also very quick, so he can loop rally very well. his consistency also makes his backhand the best.
Butterfly Zhang Yining
Hurricane III National 2.2 FH
Butterfly Sriver G2 1.9 BH
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 8:44pm
i think kong and waldner's backhand are still the best
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR & NEXY.

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 9:21pm
It was a toss up for me between Kreanga and Boll.  I chose boll since it is more compact.
[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/SDRamones/Table%20Tennis/Blade_fan-1.jpg">

My EBAY Feedback
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 9:42pm
to me, Chen Qi's backhand is almost perfect in both placement and power.
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
NaDeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaDeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2006 at 10:18am

schlagers backhand is diffrent than the others players.

kreanga and wang and timo have an  original backhand spin . but maybe kreanga have more power in his hand .

tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2006 at 3:59pm
did you mean only backhand attacking stroke?
ans:kreanga
for all kind of strokes
waldner

I go for waldner cos I love his game.
TBS fl(89 gm) fh Genius red max bh Acuda S1 black max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic