FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

what's the fastest combo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 1:57pm
a one two punch combo from roy jones jr
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
Sponsored Links

YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by bordtennisfreak bordtennisfreak wrote:

WHY DO YOU WANT THE FASTEST COMBO YOU CAN GET?

This is a legitimate question. The reason why he asked this question doesn't matter.
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by mttkrad mttkrad wrote:

Can someone list the fastest blade/rubber combo I can buy?  I don't care about consistency or anything like that, I just want something really fast, espically for looping...

Short answer: There are many super fast blades, but most of them are not good for looping.
The fastest good looping blade I know is Schlager Carbon.

The blade doesn't matter all that much though if you use very large amounts of speed glue on medium hard speed rubbers like Bryce, Torpedo, Sriver or Andro Revolution Cor (=fastest of the four).
The more speed glue, the faster your setup.

Example: It doesn't really matter if  you use an allround, off or off+ blade if you really speed glue one of these rubbers for maximum performance. The overall speed of the combination will be very similar.
However, if you use speed glue like most people i.e. 1-3 dry layers of speed glue without preglueing with a press (= the real thing for maximum performance) you will find that the blade *does* matter.

PS: Listen to the people on this thread who want to talk you out of buying fast equipment unless you have ample experience and a very solid technical background. Fast or even medium fast equipment will ruin your technical progress. Buy a slow blade and standard rubbers (e.g. Stiga Allround Classic, Sriver2.3mm, no speed glue) and learn to play controlled, fast balls with heavy spin. This is the only way to become any good.

Timemaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 7:49pm
Boll tricarbon is supposedly faster than the schlager carbon...
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 4:19am
I say, get that Shlager Carbon and that Bryce Hard. The economy could use your contribution, and you'll learn some very valuable lessons.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 5:21am
whats the fastest combo unglued?
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 6:11am
Here's how: get a 1cm thick block of oak wood, make it into a blade. Get some sort of rubber and stick it on, as long as it isn't too soft its fine. Now, as long as you can swing it all your balls will land somewhere near the back wall.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 4:51pm
what about iron wood
that stuff sinks in water hahaha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 5:33pm
He said fastest, not heaviest ;)
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 7:04pm
To all the posters, Maybe he should have asked how many combo have you tried to get to your comment. Wink
Lets face it if your used to using a Donic Applegren Allplay with Bty Tackiness D, then you pick up a Donic Persson powerplay with desto F3 rubbers, your gunna say it is fast.

But unless you try the fastest in the range from any company then you really haven't tried the fastest combo's.

I mean Joola - cool
Andro Supercore CL Off+
Bty Gergely or Primorac carbon or Sclarger carbon and all the rest.

With obviously the fastest rubbers around, Bty Bryce, or bryce hard, Donic Desto F1, Andro Plasma 470 etc, the list goes on. their would be to many fast rubbers to choose from, the rubber that usually wins is the one that gets all the money poured into it with advertising Hype.

So if you want the fastest, just chose a manufacturer and let use comment on one manufacturer and then we will see what we can come up with
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

whats the fastest combo unglued?

The fastest combo unglued *imho* is Schlager Carbon + Plasma 470
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

With obviously the fastest rubbers around, Bty Bryce, or bryce hard, Donic Desto F1, Andro Plasma 470 etc, the list goes on. their would be to many fast rubbers to choose from, the rubber that usually wins is the one that gets all the money poured into it with advertising Hype.

With speed glue there are many candidates (Andro Revolution Cor is probably the fastest at least it's clearly faster than Bryce)
But without speed glue the number of candidates  is restricted to the latest generation of Tensor rubbers made by ESN.

thenam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 3:22am

fastest combo without speed glue...

i would say any 10.5mm hinoki blade with Omega2 MAX!!!

Omega2 is faster than Plasma 470...

Darker Speed90 10mm (Jpen) Butterfly Kreanga Carbon (ST)
FH - Yasaka V-Stage (max)     FH - Butterfly Bryce Speed (2.1)
BH - Yasaka V-Stage (2.0)      BH - Tibhar Nimbus (max)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 3:22am
Anyone remember that yasaka leopard blade ?
penguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 4:00am
Age old Question haha :)

I've got a Sardius with Royal MAX short pips on it. I don't think it gets any faster than that.

You want a super fast looping setup.

Samsonov Carbon with Plasma 470. Extremely hard wood with thick carbon and a 3rd generation tensor rubber with a hard sponge. Lucky If you get any balls in at all.
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 5:10am
Yeah perhaps the Leopard or R1 with Tango Ultra both sides

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 7:40pm
speed is all relative basically i think that i hit the ball hard enough that everything is fast.
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 8:11pm
That's what I used to say, but when I block a spin with the leopard, it's almost twice as fast than with the korbel. Using sriver on both
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 8:19pm

i am talking more when i take a stroke as apposed as passive blocking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 8:35pm
The difference is not that obvious, but you still need to generate more speed yourself. When I'm smashing, but not a killer smash, but one to put the other guy in trouble and finish him the next shot, I notice my strokes also being slower... One of the reasons I'm looking for a fast rubber to compensate on my FH...
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 8:39pm

DHS wind series carbon blade is the fastest blade on the planet no control at all get that with stiga almana sound max and you will have a heat seeker of a set up.

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 8:59pm
To me the fastest blade I have used is between the Jool kool and the Schlager Carbon but the SC was much easier to control.  Fastest rubbers between Juic Varites and Andro Revolution COR.  I have not used the Plasma 470 or Juic Couga but any combo of the above rubbers and blades will be very fast.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2007 at 2:32am
Originally posted by penguin penguin wrote:

Age old Question haha :)

I've got a Sardius with Royal MAX short pips on it. I don't think it gets any faster than that.

You want a super fast looping setup.

Samsonov Carbon with Plasma 470. Extremely hard wood with thick carbon and a 3rd generation tensor rubber with a hard sponge. Lucky If you get any balls in at all.

Now thats what i'm talking about, Someone that has actually tried many combination. Your 100% right, that would be very fast.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2007 at 5:42pm
Stiga Optimum 7 with Bryce 2.1 and Almana Sound max

That is very fast and spinny
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2007 at 6:09pm
Is alamena sound faster than alamena ?
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2007 at 7:30pm
fastest combo... don't care anything... oops!!! thanks for the nice laugh.

i think saucapan with goodyear radials will fulfill your criteria..

if it has to be something ittf approved.. then shortpips would do

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2007 at 12:44am
Tries a shlagger-bryce-bryce today... Does it get faster ?
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2007 at 7:31am
yes, more speed glue
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2007 at 11:55am
Yes. Almana Sound is a bit faster and with slighter more control
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2007 at 12:35pm
Butterfly defence alpha II with Joola toni hold anti-top long pips on both sides..

Seriously: samsonov carbon with torpedo max glued was rediciously fast! totally useless..

Also a guy at my club has a samsonov carbon with hallmark magical pips max on it.. heavily glued.. it's the most idiotic setup ever, but pretty damn fast!
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic